• 39 replies

boo3

espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/re...02872/zena-edosomwan

Zena Edosomwan highlights
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:45:41 PM by kjd01067 »

ras

Re: Zena Edosomwan, PF aka "mystery recruit"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
I was reading on redmen.com about another 6 9 JC transfer we are also interested in, I think his name is Young.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
I was reading on redmen.com about another 6 9 JC transfer we are also interested in, I think his name is Young.

Yeah, I saw that also.   Both kids are excellent in the grades dept as well.  We won't have to worry about them qualifying at least.  This kid looks good though.  take him in a heartbeat and be very happy. Obviously i;m basing this on a some short videos, but he looks like he can play down low and has a nice jumper out to the 3 point line.

Lavs swooping in to steal him from the left coast?

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
Where does it say that this guy is even considering us?

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
Where does it say that this guy is even considering us?

It says it on redmen.com and Johnny Jungle...   ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:31:50 PM »
<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/hss2gtGgSgI.html?p=1" width="550" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hss2gtGgSgI" style="display:none"></embed>

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:48:35 PM »
Very Promising !
Can i get a Verbal? :angel:

sju89tr

Re: Zena Edosomwan - PF - Harvard Westlake - North Hollywood, CA
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
Harvard is the leader. We are very much involved with this kid.

SJU79

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
He needs to retake his SAT's..if he scores high enough he has already committed to Harvard

mkras99

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
Thanks, 79. Can we expect any good news soon?

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »
Lets hope he chokes on his SAT's  :). In all seriousness hope he does well on them & gets into Harvard if thats his choice

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »
He needs to retake his SAT's..if he scores high enough he has already committed to Harvard

100% accurate. If he fails to get required score than St Johns is in a very good position.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

gman

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »

100% accurate. If he fails to get required score than St Johns is in a very good position.

Are the basketball recruits held to the regular admissions standards? I feel like an athlete on the borderline gets the nod. Certainly happens that way in lacrosse

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
They have a formula for athletes-not as rigorous a standard as a normal admission-I have a friend who's son was recruited to play football at an Ivy.  If Amaker wants him bad enough, I have a feeling he'll get him.

SJU79

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
They have something called the AI(very complex GPA/SAT/Courses combo) and interestingly enough athletes in the Ivies because of this are held to higher admission standards in some cases. Amaker has tried in the past tp get kids through(Frank Ben-Eze) below that AI and when it came out the kid actually lost his admissions. Since Zena is such a high profile recruit for that league all eyes will be on him...if he gets admitted he will have earned it. Hes a really good player, tough, skilled with a really great mean streak

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
They have something called the AI(very complex GPA/SAT/Courses combo) and interestingly enough athletes in the Ivies because of this are held to higher admission standards in some cases. Amaker has tried in the past tp get kids through(Frank Ben-Eze) below that AI and when it came out the kid actually lost his admissions. Since Zena is such a high profile recruit for that league all eyes will be on him...if he gets admitted he will have earned it. Hes a really good player, tough, skilled with a really great mean streak

He's at a great school to prepare him. Harvard Westlake is no joke so his classes are legit and will be no problem.  It's all on his score most likely.  He has like a 3.4 GPA.  Kid is smart and says your education is a 40 year decision not a 4 year decision.  If he doesn't go to Harvard, he'll likely be a 4-year student for us.

DFF6

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »

Thanks for the post, SJU79.  Anyone know  approx. when Zena finds out if he gets in?  Not going to root against a kid's chances of getting into Harvard, but if he can't pull it off, given his size, attitude (he wants to play for Harvard!), and the limited display of his skills that I have seen, he would be a great get for us.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:57:43 AM by DFF6 »

gman

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »

He's at a great school to prepare him. Harvard Westlake is no joke so his classes are legit and will be no problem.  It's all on his score most likely.  He has like a 3.4 GPA.  Kid is smart and says your education is a 40 year decision not a 4 year decision.  If he doesn't go to Harvard, he'll likely be a 4-year student for us.

I wish the kid luck if Harvard is his dream school but a 3.4 won't get someone into a school that accepts only 6.9% of applicants. Not if they are holding him to an equal or higher standard.

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
I wish the kid luck if Harvard is his dream school but a 3.4 won't get someone into a school that accepts only 6.9% of applicants. Not if they are holding him to an equal or higher standard.

Tru, but like a talented trumpet player or a ballerina or a multi-linguist, this brother brings wit him a skill in the "non-grade component" that can put you over the top wit admissions. And usually do wit the Ivys.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

gman

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »

Tru, but like a talented trumpet player or a ballerina or a multi-linguist, this brother brings wit him a skill in the "non-grade component" that can put you over the top wit admissions. And usually do wit the Ivys.

I totally agree choz. My brother and a number of our friends played athletics in the ivy. I'm going based on the Sju79 post that they will likely hold him to a higher standard