Harrison at 73 three pointers

• 55 replies
Re: Harrison at 73 three pointers
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Think Harrison is better than Johnson Odom? AShton Gibbs? Jason Clark?

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »
  I hope everyone tells Harrison the same thing.   The bigger the chip on his shoulder the better for us.  He doesn't seem the type to take someone telling him he can't do something too kindly.

Nothing against him at all. Phenomenal college player. NBA just requires a different skill set. If he makes the NBA I will happily be proven wrong. I'll be rooting for him to succeed and get there (preferably after this 4 years of college though).

Poison

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »
He is a classic 4 year player in the Scotty Reynolds most. He might test the waters because after all, it's free to do so. Leaving would be insane. You need to be Iverson or Wade at that size to get drafted in the first round.

After that, there are several dozen combo guards who almost always land in Europe.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
  I hope everyone tells Harrison the same thing.   The bigger the chip on his shoulder the better for us.  He doesn't seem the type to take someone telling him he can't do something too kindly.

Nothing against him at all. Phenomenal college player. NBA just requires a different skill set. If he makes the NBA I will happily be proven wrong. I'll be rooting for him to succeed and get there (preferably after this 4 years of college though).

I think Harrison could play in the league but he'd need 3-4 years to have a chance. If no one would take a change on Dwight after last year they're not taking D'AC after this year.

boo3

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »

As freshmen? or right now? He's better than all three as freshmen.

boo3

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »
 remember also, Hardy only really had one year of college ball to show what he could do at a high level. Harrison is better shooter than Hardy already imo.  Hardy was smarter and better team player, but that will come with time for Harrison.  Hardy played little to no defense also. 

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »

I agree. I think hes better than Lamb too, Right now

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
Congrats DeAngelo!!! Well deserved recognition.
Really have enjoyed watching you play this year. Not many on the court for any team exhibit your passion for the game. It's great to see.
Hope you stay with the Redmen for 4 years and help bring home a championship during that time.

crgreen

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
He is a classic 4 year player in the Scotty Reynolds most. He might test the waters because after all, it's free to do so. Leaving would be insane. You need to be Iverson or Wade at that size to get drafted in the first round.

After that, there are several dozen combo guards who almost always land in Europe.

Eh, Poison?  I get the hyperbole, but in the last 5 drafts Brandon Jennings, Eric Bledsoe, Johnny Flynn, Avery Bradley, Ty Lawson, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Jeff Teague, Darren Collison, Aaron Brooks, Rajon Rondo, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Quincy Douby have ALL been drafted first round "at that size" or smaller....

ras

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
I think he will ultimately get to the NBA. Fortunately for us it will be after his JR. year at the earliest IMO.

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »

Id take DJO over him but not the other two. And I like gibbs and clark's games. Theres not a guard in the big east right now who Deangelo will not be better than.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
remember also, Hardy only really had one year of college ball to show what he could do at a high level. Harrison is better shooter than Hardy already imo.  Hardy was smarter and better team player, but that will come with time for Harrison.  Hardy played little to no defense also. 

I loved hardy, and I think he was a smart player, but IMO Harrison is the smarter player of the two.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Amase, agree with both of your posts above. Heart seperates Harrison from these boys.

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »

Eh, Poison?  I get the hyperbole, but in the last 5 drafts Brandon Jennings, Eric Bledsoe, Johnny Flynn, Avery Bradley, Ty Lawson, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Jeff Teague, Darren Collison, Aaron Brooks, Rajon Rondo, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Quincy Douby have ALL been drafted first round "at that size" or smaller....

Kemba Walker

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »

I agree. I think hes better than Lamb too, Right now

Their are 2 guys on Golden State (Stephen Curry and Monte Ellis), who are the size as D'Lo and are excelling in the league.  Both players have attributed much of their improvement to the work they have done with Rico Hines.  So I definitely think with Rico's help that D'lo has a chance.

I think he has to work on his first step, passing and transition game. He has the shot, hard work and all the intangibles. 

Hope Rico can get D'Lo some practices against those 2 stars over the summer.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »

You're naming mostly point guards here. As far as two guards go, most of those guys stayed at least 4 years, and then fizzled out quickly. If Marcus Hatten and Dwight Hardy don't even get drafted after their senior seasons, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that another combo guard in a similar mold wouldn't either.

Hope I'm wrong and he does make it.

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »

You're naming mostly point guards here. As far as two guards go, most of those guys stayed at least 4 years, and then fizzled out quickly. If Marcus Hatten and Dwight Hardy don't even get drafted after their senior seasons, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that another combo guard in a similar mold wouldn't either.

Playing only 2 years hurt these guys imo. Hardy isnt athletic enough and as a PG, doesnt make anyone better around him. He NEVER passed the ball on the break. Too slow. Hatten wasnt good enough to get thru the off the court problems

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

Agree. All those guys with the exception of Brown are either pure PG's or play mostly PG. Harrison would not do that in the NBA. He is a combo guard who would be a better fit at the SG position. There he would be undersized. I don't see him being able to drive and score like he does in college. He doesn't have great athletic ability either. Now, he will probably be outstanding overseas (see Dwight Hardy) where scoring combo guards excel. Again, not a knock on him that's just the way the NBA is.

crgreen

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »

Um, Poison's example (which I was responding to) was Iverson.

Agree. All those guys with the exception of Brown are either pure PG's or play mostly PG. Harrison would not do that in the NBA. He is a combo guard who would be a better fit at the SG position. There he would be undersized. I don't see him being able to drive and score like he does in college. He doesn't have great athletic ability either. Now, he will probably be outstanding overseas (see Dwight Hardy) where scoring combo guards excel. Again, not a knock on him that's just the way the NBA is.