Harrison at 73 three pointers

• 55 replies

Marillac

Re: Harrison at 73 three pointers
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 12:54:47 AM »
I would love Avery Patterson on this team.  The kid shot damn near 60% when he got his feet set and was fed the ball for his beautiful jumper.  Avery's problem boiled down to forcing too many shots off the bounce.  He seemingly missed almost all of them.  That was coaching IMO.  You get a kid with that good of a set three and you have to be all over him in practice when he shoots off the bounce...even if it goes in.

Harrison doesn't have the size or athleticism for the next level, but he's a strong kid that I think will get there after four years.  He has a tight handle and great strength.  He has his work cut out for him.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
We already have Avery Patterson on this team. We have several walk ons.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:59:54 AM by Poison »

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »
Too slow. Hatten wasnt good enough to get thru the off the court problems

What off court problems?  Smokin a blunt with Willie?  I think thats mandatory for incoming Nba players.  They hand them out at the rookie orientation.

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:33 AM »
Harrison will be one of our better 4 year players. He will break the all time scoring record and be a all BE first teamer at some point. He does not have the skill set or size to play in NBA however.

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »
Too slow. Hatten wasnt good enough to get thru the off the court problems

What off court problems?  Smokin a blunt with Willie?  I think thats mandatory for incoming Nba players.  They hand them out at the rookie orientation.

Hatten wasn't good enough for teams to look the other way

ras

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
His skill set looks great for a FR.

desco80

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »
The benefit Harrison has over guys like Hardy or Hatten is that he can get four years working with a staff that can have him prepared for what NBA execs want to see.

I think his biggest problem is getting his shot blocked at the next level.   You see it even now when he drives into the lane, most of the time he's hoping for a foul because otherwise he's lost amongst the trees.   

I think next year he'll learn to start dropping floaters and pull ups in those situations

DFF6

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
The benefit Harrison has over guys like Hardy or Hatten is that he can get four years working with a staff that can have him prepared for what NBA execs want to see.

I think his biggest problem is getting his shot blocked at the next level.   You see it even now when he drives into the lane, most of the time he's hoping for a foul because otherwise he's lost amongst the trees.   

I think next year he'll learn to start dropping floaters and pull ups in those situations

Iverson was only 6'0.  He did ok in the NBA.

desco80

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »

He also had the lateral quickness of a ninja.   
Way too early to say if D'lo will make it, I'm just saying small guards without elite athleticism have an uphill battle.   There are always exceptions though 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:52:57 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

Yes and GG would do well once the BE started becuase Wes Unseld was a HOF center despite being 6-6. Haven't we learned to stop comparing these kids to HOFers yet?  Iverson was a freak athlete. Harrison is not. Just becuase someone is a good college player it does not mean he will be a pro. Harrison is a very good college player we should just be happy about that.

DFF6

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »

Yes and GG would do well once the BE started becuase Wes Unseld was a HOF center despite being 6-6. Haven't we learned to stop comparing these kids to HOFers yet?  Iverson was a freak athlete. Harrison is not. Just becuase someone is a good college player it does not mean he will be a pro. Harrison is a very good college player we should just be happy about that.

I was NOT comparing Iverson to Harrison.  Just making a point that size is not dispositive for a tweener guard to becoming a pro.  Monta Ellis is 6'3 as well, and probably not a HOF.  Again, not comparing him to Harrison other than pointing out that they are the same height. And yes, I am very happy that Harrison is a very good college player and will hopefully be with us for 4 great years.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
JJ Reddick has found his niche in the NBA. If I remember correctly, alot of us didnt think he'd stick. Its all about oppurtunity and what team you land on. Come senior year, think Harrison can be as good as Reddick was?

boo3

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »
JJ Reddick has found his niche in the NBA. If I remember correctly, alot of us didnt think he'd stick. Its all about oppurtunity and what team you land on. Come senior year, think Harrison can be as good as Reddick was?

Not sure what has happened to you lately Baldi, but most of your recent posts have been about basketball and have made a lot of sense. What is this place coming to?

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »

Not sure what has happened to you lately Baldi, but most of your recent posts have been about basketball and have made a lot of sense. What is this place coming to?

Baldi is spot in at least 83% of the time. I usually post the big elephant in the room, some dudes cant handle the obvious. Reality blows!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:57:35 PM by Marco Baldi »

boo3

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »

Baldi is spot in at least 83% of the time. I usually post the big elephant in the room, some dudes cant handle the obvious. Reality blows!  ;)

I would say 83% is a bit high. I'd put you in the high 50s, low 60s. If you were a professional hoops player, i'd compare you to Ben Wallace.  Your a big, ugly, dumb dude who enjoys doing all the dirty work.

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »

I would say 83% is a bit high. I'd put you in the high 50s, low 60s. If you were a professional hoops player, i'd compare you to Ben Wallace.  Your a big, ugly, dumb dude who enjoys doing all the dirty work.

Although my facebook profile pic resembles Ben Wallace, I'd prefer Charles Oakley