Jordan Hendriquez - C - Port Chester SHS - Port Chester, NY - KANSAS ST

• 37 replies

kob24

Re: Jordan Hendriquez C
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
hes gonna go to prep school get bigger and stronger work on his offense and sign to a high high major. hes probaly gonna end up being 7'0. tomas is not in his class. hes better than dele skill wise but hes not strong enough.prep school can help with that. i think he should go a10 and make the leauge from there. and yes he has that potential

Re: Jordan Hendriquez - C - Port Chester SHS - Port Chester, NY
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
As per scout...JH will prep this year

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 08:25:14 PM »
many sources have told me that hes no longer considering st johns
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

pmg911

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 08:49:35 PM »
many sources have told me that hes no longer considering st johns

You are 100% correct...   :) :) :)

kob24

Re: Jordan Hendriquez - C - Port Chester SHS - Port Chester, NY - KANSAS ST
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 12:41:01 AM »
he committed earlier in the summer

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »

I think he is gonna end up another Sean  "I made a mistake" Killpatrick.  Here would have been a great oppourtunity for him.  he's no MB and I doubt they will have the supporting cast to help him excel.  From what i've seen he is the type of player that cannot carry a team but could help a team.
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »

I think he is gonna end up another Sean  "I made a mistake" Killpatrick.  Here would have been a great oppourtunity for him.  he's no MB and I doubt they will have the supporting cast to help him excel.  From what i've seen he is the type of player that cannot carry a team but could help a team.

Yea but we didn't want this kid so its really not a mistake rather than a better fit.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »
different scenario from sean kilpatrick.  kilpatrick really did want to come to SJU and did commit.  jordan was never really that high on SJU (sju had to be somewhat interested in him because they brought him in for a visit).  jordan has a chance to be a VERY good player.  he has an outstanding nose for the ball defensively and on the glass and he has very long arms.  he has to hit the weight room bigtime though and needs a good amount of work offensively.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
different scenario from sean kilpatrick.  kilpatrick really did want to come to SJU and did commit.  jordan was never really that high on SJU (sju had to be somewhat interested in him because they brought him in for a visit).  jordan has a chance to be a VERY good player.  he has an outstanding nose for the ball defensively and on the glass and he has very long arms.  he has to hit the weight room bigtime though and needs a good amount of work offensively.

In case u hadn't noticed Norm tries to bring in just about EVERY "local" kid & shows "interest" in ALL of them. Because that is what the head coach of a Big East team(the ANTI-Jarvis if u will..lol) in this area should do... it's called covering all the bases. I believe Henriquez completely dropped off our radar once we zeroed in on Wait. With him & Coker(plus evans) we are set at center for the next three years. We have no need for a 6'11 project/stringbean at this time.. :) .. btw - Kilpatrick got some VERY bad "advice" from his "advisor"(kj's brother) & missed out on the oppurtunity to play for his "dream" school... real shame imo. Kid can shoot the lights out & would have received the proper academic support he obviously needs here at SJU... another kid led astray by people who claim to have their best interests in mind. But in reality they are only looking out for themselves... ::) .. peace!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:35:57 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »

In case u hadn't noticed Norm tries to bring in just about EVERY "local" kid & shows "interest" in ALL of them. Because that is what the head coach of a Big East team(the ANTI-Jarvis if u will..lol) in this area should do... it's called covering all the bases. I believe Henriquez completely dropped off our radar once we zeroed in on Wait. With him & Coker(plus evans) we are set at center for the next three years. We have no need for a 6'11 project/stringbean at this time.. :) .. btw - Kilpatrick got some VERY bad "advice" from his "advisor"(kj's brother) & missed out on the oppurtunity to play for his "dream" school... real shame imo. Kid can shoot the lights out & would have received the proper academic support he obviously needs here ar SJU... another kid led astray by people who claim to have the best interests in mind. But in reality they are only looking out for themselves... ::) .. peace!

Grat post oldred, some of these "advisors' are out for themselves with their hands in all pockets. Its a real shame

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 06:33:18 PM »

In case u hadn't noticed Norm tries to bring in just about EVERY "local" kid & shows "interest" in ALL of them. Because that is what the head coach of a Big East team(the ANTI-Jarvis if u will..lol) in this area should do... it's called covering all the bases. I believe Henriquez completely dropped off our radar once we zeroed in on Wait. With him & Coker(plus evans) we are set at center for the next three years. We have no need for a 6'11 project/stringbean at this time.. :) .. btw - Kilpatrick got some VERY bad "advice" from his "advisor"(kj's brother) & missed out on the oppurtunity to play for his "dream" school... real shame imo. Kid can shoot the lights out & would have received the proper academic support he obviously needs here ar SJU... another kid led astray by people who claim to have the best interests in mind. But in reality they are only looking out for themselves... ::) .. peace!

Grat post oldred, some of these "advisors' are out for themselves with their hands in all pockets. Its a real shame

Thanks marco... and it trully does sicken me to see the "power" some of these bozos have over these kids & their parents.. ::) .. btw - keep the jeter/a-rod pictures coming... friggin' hysterical.. ;D .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 08:43:07 PM »

In case u hadn't noticed Norm tries to bring in just about EVERY "local" kid & shows "interest" in ALL of them. Because that is what the head coach of a Big East team(the ANTI-Jarvis if u will..lol) in this area should do... it's called covering all the bases. I believe Henriquez completely dropped off our radar once we zeroed in on Wait. With him & Coker(plus evans) we are set at center for the next three years. We have no need for a 6'11 project/stringbean at this time.. :) .. btw - Kilpatrick got some VERY bad "advice" from his "advisor"(kj's brother) & missed out on the oppurtunity to play for his "dream" school... real shame imo. Kid can shoot the lights out & would have received the proper academic support he obviously needs here at SJU... another kid led astray by people who claim to have their best interests in mind. But in reality they are only looking out for themselves... ::) .. peace!

SK knows he made a mistake and has admitted it, but after Wiggins this staff cannot take any chances on kids who are unsure about being at SJU.
We moved ahead with Omari and g-d willing we will get Kevin Parrom in which case SK will be more than an after thought for SJU.
In any event I wish SK all the best and hope for his sake he finds a better advisor.

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »
oldred, just curious, but how many of the recruits do you actually SEE in person?

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
also no more gay rod or jeter pictures. No one wants to see this. If you do create an off topic thread dedicated to them.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 12:11:53 PM »
oldred, just curious, but how many of the recruits do you actually SEE in person?

A couple here and there... i'm lucky in that i live a stones throw away from campus & have had quite a few family members that have attended/worked for the university & still work/attend SJU. Plus, the sju coaches are really good guys & are always glad to chat about the team. Whether it's on campus, at the sly foxx or even at Danny's cleaners.. ;) .. Plus, me & my uncle are also long-time members of the red/white club. And it was actually one of my uncles good friends who basically started the RW club - won't give his last name but they used to call him - Dave "the rave".. 8) .. Great guy & could drink just about any living creature "under the table" in his day. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago....... btw - Just happened to "SEE" Phil Wait the other day. Nice kid, legit 7'1 & he told me his injury was healed & basically nothing more than a bruise. I asked him if he thought he was going to be ready to "help us" this season. He laughed & said of course.. ;D .. peace!

p.s. - speak for yourself JJ... keep 'em coming marco!.. lol .. peace!

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 12:29:27 PM »

A couple here and there... i'm lucky in that i live a stones throw away from campus & have had quite a few family members that have attended/worked for the university & still work/attend SJU. Plus, the sju coaches are really good guys & are always glad to chat about the team. Whether it's on campus, at the sly foxx or even at Danny's cleaners.. ;) .. Plus, me & my uncle are also long-time members of the red/white club. And it was actually one of my uncles good friends who basically started the RW club - won't give his last name but they used to call him - Dave "the rave".. 8) .. Great guy & could drink just about any living creature "under the table" in his day. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago....... btw - Just happened to "SEE" Phil Wait the other day. Nice kid, legit 7'1 & he told me his injury was healed & basically nothing more than a bruise. I asked him if he thought he was going to be ready to "help us" this season. He laughed & said of course.. ;D .. peace!

basically, you really dont see any recruits in person, and all of the info you get on them comes from people that are biased and telling you slanted information because theyre biased. 

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »

basically, you really dont see any recruits in person, and all of the info you get on them comes from people that are biased and telling you slanted information because theyre biased. 

Once again, u haven't the SLIGHTEST idea of what ur talking about my friend.. ;D .. Do i see ALL of our recruits(or "potential" recruits) in person? No & i NEVER said i did... I have however seen a "fair share" of them & my "opinion" of them is based on not only what i have seen... but, yes, some of it is also based on what our coaching staff & a few ex-sju players have told me about them as well. Whether u or anyone else choose to believe that or not is of no consequence to me whatsoever.. 8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:53:50 AM by oldred10 »