2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies

boo3

Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:19 AM »
Get your Hemmingway outfit MJ, they play Pamplona Bulls in July, good defensive team.

http://gospain.about.com/od/pamplonabullrun/qt/dates_times.htm
well never been to Spain before. Didn't Marillac run with the bulls or something like that ?

He ran with the bulls, took one down by its horns, and then pinned it like it was 105 pound wrestler.

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
Ole Miss is pretty good under Andy Kennedy and Georgia tech has improved this year and should be significantly better next year like SJU under Brian Gregory.

PSU is a major rebuilding job.

It is not a bad field.

sju89tr

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
The Barclays field is adequate. I would have liked to do another tournament like Charleston though.

I was told the UCLA series is over. The Duke series is ongoing but wondering if it takes another year off now that ND is joining ACC next year and may be difficult for Duke to schedule another game.

I know we are traveling west again to Northern California. I wonder if it's California or Stanford.

San Francisco will be visiting us from what I heard.

We have Cuse on the schedule.

Would like to get UCONN as a home and home. I would like a home and home vs Gonzaga.

Time to limit the local types to about 4 games a year. Those wins do nothing for you anyway.

I would love the Holiday Festival to go to tourney format again and invite some of our old rivals.   

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
The Barclays field is adequate. I would have liked to do another tournament like Charleston though.

I was told the UCLA series is over. The Duke series is ongoing but wondering if it takes another year off now that ND is joining ACC next year and may be difficult for Duke to schedule another game.

I know we are traveling west again to Northern California. I wonder if it's California or Stanford.

Would like to get UCONN as a home and home. I would like a home and home vs Gonzaga.

Time to limit the local types to about 4 games a year. Those wins do nothing for you anyway.

I would love the Holiday Festival to go to tourney format again and invite some of our old rivals.   

I like 6 locals more, need some cupcakes, local buzz. That Leaves 6 quality ooc games. Would love to see Gonzaga like you mentioned.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »

I like 6 locals more, need some cupcakes, local buzz. That Leaves 6 quality ooc games. Would love to see Gonzaga like you mentioned.

We will play 18 games vs Big East
Cuse at Home
2 games Barclays
San Francisco at Home
That's 22 games we know of

Usually play 30-31
Play 4-5 locals and that is 26-27 leaving 4 more out of conf opponents

I would like us to play in Florida, California, Texas, and perhaps play a Big 10 opponent yearly 

desco80

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
I like the locals, as long as we win those games.   

But Ted is right about spreading the games around the country.   It's nice when we have games near the hometowns of Dangelo, Jakarr, Garrett, Dom etc.   that's what enables national recruiting classes. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:23:29 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »

Cuse at Home
2 games Barclays
San Francisco at Home

Usually play 30-31

I would like us to play in Florida, California, Texas, and perhaps play a Big 10 opponent yearly 

What I meant more so than playing locals was playing lesser opponents. My fault.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »

Cuse at Home
2 games Barclays
San Francisco at Home

Usually play 30-31

What I meant more so than playing locals was playing lesser opponents. My fault.

I understood

I am just worried a bit that the OOC games to to be stepped up a bit as we will likely have 5 NCAA teams in the BE rather than about 8 thus lowering RPI and SOS

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
They mentioned at the Red/White at Stout last week that the Duke game might be off again next year depending on scheduling issues.  They also stated they want to continue playing UCONN as they rather play them at MSG instead of them going into other msg tournaments like this year.

Moose

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
They mentioned at the Red/White at Stout last week that the Duke game might be off again next year depending on scheduling issues.  They also stated they want to continue playing UCONN as they rather play them at MSG instead of them going into other msg tournaments like this year.

Just wondering were you the one who posted before about the Legends Classic?  Just wondering if its still on the table or maybe if it was the Barclays Classic all along and just a miscommunication of words.
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
I like the locals, as long as we win those games.   

But Ted is right about spreading the games around the country.   It's nice when we have games near the hometowns of Dangelo, Jakarr, Garrett, Dom etc.   that's what enables national recruiting classes.

It's also quite obvious that Lavin will continue to recruit the country. Games in So Cal, No Cal, Las Vegas, Texas, Florida, Washington, and select states from Midwest help.

Wold love to play Texas, Florida, Miami, perhaps USC, Gonzaga, UNLV, Stanford, California, Oregon, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Illiniois, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC etc from time to time   

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
When was the last time we ever played UNC?

Seems like ages.... Mullin v. Jordan?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
When was the last time we ever played UNC?

Seems like ages.... Mullin v. Jordan?

Holiday Festival...........
In the consolation game haha
Because Iona beat them and Jaspers beat us ha.
Sean May on that team
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 03:04:38 PM »
Wasn't there talk of an SJ vs Illinois match up? Personally I don't want to play them in Nov. They are almost always great in the first half of the season.

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 11:23:33 AM »
Rutgers would not be a bad local to play consistently. They are local and although not good, playing a big 10 team and winning is much better than playing st Francis. Even if Ru is a cellar dweller in new conf, any wins they get in that conf is good for our rpi and strength of schedule.  Much better seeing Ru with a win or 2 over the likes of Iowa, minn and nw even if those schools are spotted in bot half of big 10, rather than st Francis who gets wins over the top of their conf.

Poison

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »
Rutgers would not be a bad local to play consistently. They are local and although not good, playing a big 10 team and winning is much better than playing st Francis. Even if Ru is a cellar dweller in new conf, any wins they get in that conf is good for our rpi and strength of schedule.  Much better seeing Ru with a win or 2 over the likes of Iowa, minn and nw even if those schools are spotted in bot half of big 10, rather than st Francis who gets wins over the top of their conf.

Iowa would probably trounce us. Minnesota definitely would. There is no sense in playing RU. We are embarrassed if we lose, and we get no credit if we win. It's pointless.

sju89tr

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
I am tired of the locals. 4 as early season tune ups enough for me.

Play Manhattan, Iona, LIU Brooklyn, and then alternate in a St Francis Wagner Fordham Hoftsra Stony Brook Monmouth NJIT FDU Etc 

sju89tr

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »

Iowa would probably trounce us. Minnesota definitely would. There is no sense in playing RU. We are embarrassed if we lose, and we get no credit if we win. It's pointless.

No reason to play Rutgers anymore unless inviting them to Holiday Festival

It would be nice to get St Johns Big East Rutgers Big 10 UCONN or Cincinnati America 12 and Pitt or Louisville ACC as the 4 teams

sju89tr

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
To add, I would be shocked if a home and home wasn;t scheduled with UCONN 

Poison

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »
I am tired of the locals. 4 as early season tune ups enough for me.

Play Manhattan, Iona, LIU Brooklyn, and then alternate in a St Francis Wagner Fordham Hoftsra Stony Brook Monmouth NJIT FDU Etc 

We won't play Iona. It's because we are scared of them.