Johnny Thunderbird / Red Storm Survive

• 7 replies

Poison

Re: Johnny Thunderbird / Red Storm Survive
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:45:47 PM »
As far as the name goes . . . lesser of two evils, I guess.

I always preferred the bolt mascot, however. Wish that would have won when they actually held that rigged competition.

ras

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:06 PM »
Source : Torch On-Line

http://www.torchonline.com/news/2013/09/11/johnny-thunderbird-stays-on-perch/

I don't give a crap what they call themselves as long as they win.
Not only do I not give a crap what they call themselves, I don't care what Unis they wear or if they wear red white or blue, as long as they win. Redstorm isn't really a bad name, it will sound much better if we win.

gman

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »
I just realized that the school in Minnesota calls themselves the St. John's johnnies. I hope the school didn't settle on that name. Would be pretty lame to copy them

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
We are the senior partner in that matchup.  We were founded in 1870, only a few decades after Lewis and Clark discovered that a place to eventually  be called  Minnesota was actually in existence.   SJU has lovingly been called Johnnies in shorthand for my eight decades.  I see no problem,

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
RED STORM! :D :up: I don't care about the silly bird, as long as we keep the name Red Storm ! I'm glad the team won't officially be called the Johnnies. I have always hated that name. :down:

Poison

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »
Source : Torch On-Line

http://www.torchonline.com/news/2013/09/11/johnny-thunderbird-stays-on-perch/

I don't give a crap what they call themselves as long as they win.
Not only do I not give a crap what they call themselves, I don't care what Unis they wear or if they wear red white or blue, as long as they win. Redstorm isn't really a bad name, it will sound much better if we win.

Nothing dumber than information about their unis. I also don't care about their hair cuts, and their sneakers.