iS8 Playoffs

• 11 replies
iS8 Playoffs
« on: May 06, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »
The best weekend of spring basketball takes place this weekend in Queens for the iS8 playoffs.  Schedule is posted at http://www.hsbnetwork.com/

Click on iS8 Spring Classic.  When I have more time, ill try to write which players are set to be playing with each team.  If you go on saturday or sunday, i suggest getting there early as the gym is packed for the playoffs. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: iS8 Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
The best weekend of spring basketball takes place this weekend in Queens for the iS8 playoffs.  Schedule is posted at http://www.hsbnetwork.com/

Click on iS8 Spring Classic.  When I have more time, ill try to write which players are set to be playing with each team.  If you go on saturday or sunday, i suggest getting there early as the gym is packed for the playoffs. 

Great team defense played in this classic
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 11:56:01 AM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/05/whos-who-of-local-talent-highl.html
Who's who of local talent highlights IS8 playoffs
I stopped by the Sweet 16 of the IS8 playoffs up on 109th St. yesterday. Eight games from 9:15 a.m. until … Pete Edwards must be exhausted.

It was, as expected, a grass-roots basketball orgy and a who’s who of local high school talent. In the game that resonated most with the crowd at the tiny gym, the Playaz Seniors (made up mostly of players from St. Anthony’s of Jersey City’s unbeaten national prep championship team) needed a 35-foot jumper from St. Anthony’s guard/McDonald’s All-American/Rutgers recruit Mike Rosario at the buzzer to come back from a seven-point deficit in the final two minutes and defeat the precocious New Heights 2010 team, 86-85; and the Panthers Juniors eliminated powerful, but not invincible Juice (no Lance Stephenson), 76-72.

Rosario scored 18 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter. Rising junior center Devon Collier, now at St. Anthony’s, led New Heights with 20. Rising junior guard Fatty McMillan of Lincoln had 18 and 6-6 rising junior forward Jayvaughn Pinkston of Loughlin added 15.

Forward Kevin Parrom and guard Omari Lawrence, who play for Oliver Antigua at St. Ray’s and are rapidly becoming two of my favorite players in the city, combined for 40 points for the Panthers’ Juniors.

Best individual performance of the day: Guard Aston Gibbs, a Seton Hall Prep star and Pitt recruit, went off for 41 in a 105-93 loss to the powerful Gauchos, making nine straight 3s at one point. Guard Kemba Walker of Rice, a UConn recruit, and guard Jordan Theodore of Paterson Catholic, who is going to the Hall, each had 30 for the Gauchos. Walker has that ‘wow’ factor that should make him an instant star in the Big East.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 03:36:07 PM by Marco Baldi »

kob24

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 04:37:22 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/05/whos-who-of-local-talent-highl.html
I stopped by the Sweet 16 of the IS8 playoffs up on 109th St. yesterday. Eight games from 9:15 a.m. until … Pete Edwards must be exhausted.

It was, as expected, a grass-roots basketball orgy and a who’s who of local high school talent. In the game that resonated most with the crowd at the tiny gym, the Playaz Seniors (made up mostly of players from St. Anthony’s of Jersey City’s unbeaten national prep championship team) needed a 35-foot jumper from St. Anthony’s guard/McDonald’s All-American/Rutgers recruit Mike Rosario at the buzzer to come back from a seven-point deficit in the final two minutes and defeat the precocious New Heights 2010 team, 86-85; and the Panthers Juniors eliminated powerful, but not invincible Juice (no Lance Stephenson), 76-72.

Rosario scored 18 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter. Rising junior center Devon Collier, now at St. Anthony’s, led New Heights with 20. Rising junior guard Fatty McMillan of Lincoln had 18 and 6-6 rising junior forward Jayvaughn Pinkston of Loughlin added 15.

Forward Kevin Parrom and guard Omari Lawrence, who play for Oliver Antigua at St. Ray’s and are rapidly becoming two of my favorite players in the city, combined for 40 points for the Panthers’ Juniors.

Best individual performance of the day: Guard Aston Gibbs, a Seton Hall Prep star and Pitt recruit, went off for 41 in a 105-93 loss to the powerful Gauchos, making nine straight 3s at one point. Guard Kemba Walker of Rice, a UConn recruit, and guard Jordan Theodore of Paterson Catholic, who is going to the Hall, each had 30 for the Gauchos. Walker has that ‘wow’ factor that should make him an instant star in the Big East.

marco that was oz cross coaching the panthers did u see me  ;D i had the blue hoody on yelling at omari from the bench

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:56 AM »

marco that was oz cross coaching the panthers did u see me  ;D i had the blue hoody on yelling at omari from the bench

Being the superstar basketball fan that he is ..    I am sure Marco was in attendence @ IS8...

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:32:39 AM »

Being the superstar basketball fan that he is ..    I am sure Marco was in attendence @ IS8...

Nope, never said I was there. You should check your "sources" again for reliability

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/

Overheard at IS8: Sophomore guard Doron Lamb of Loughlin, a future All-CHSAA first-team selection, could resurface at Oak Hill Academy next year and 6-7 sophomore forward Tobias Harris of Half Hollow Hills, the best underclassman on the island, is being mentioned with Lutheran. We’ll see how things work out. These are two of the best players in a loaded class in the Metropolitan area.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »
the lamb transferring rumor has been around for a bit and there is also a good chance that jayvaughn pinkston is on his way out of loughlin as well
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »
the lamb transferring rumor has been around for a bit and there is also a good chance that jayvaughn pinkston is on his way out of loughlin as well

St Anthonys or Lincoln?

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 04:08:19 AM »
so ebanks announced his commitment at halftime of the is8 was anyone from here there?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 07:55:32 PM »
i was there. very anti-climactic.  his handler had already called jeff goodman from foxsports before the game started so most of us that were interested already knew.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
Did you notice what kind of wheels Mr. Ebanks was driving?