Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

Poison

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2017, 02:02:04 PM »
Maybe if we get Sid, Bash will sit for awhile if he forgets to box out...

Who on our team remembers to box out?

hnk

« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
Exactly......I expect  (hope) that will change this year.  Matt indicated that yesterday.

Poison

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »
Exactly......I expect  (hope) that will change this year.  Matt indicated that yesterday.

If it was something our players wanted to do they would have been doing it.

hnk

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2017, 02:40:29 PM »
Maybe they'll want to do it this year.  Or maybe they'll have to try to do it whether they want to or not.   

derk

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2017, 04:09:28 PM »

Matt said the team will be boxing out more frequently ? His job is to bring in players who know what we need and what we want from them.

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIsfW0gB6c0

Maybe I'm alone but I dont think its crazy to think he could play a few minutes at the 4.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2017, 04:58:44 PM »

Maybe I'm alone but I dont think its crazy to think he could play a few minutes at the 4.

From this video, I would agree. I didn't see him put the ball on the floor at all.  This is the type of guy we need when pressing all game and run all night.

MCNPA

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »

From this video, I would agree. I didn't see him put the ball on the floor at all.  This is the type of guy we need when pressing all game and run all night.

This kid the court with guys like Lovett, ponds, simon, Owens etc, would be a real headache.  We are long and lean.  Very fast and athletic.  This kid looks quite talented and always moving "downhill" toward the basket.  Fingers cross d.

Wods317

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »

Lovett to Wilson would give us some nice highlights reel alley oops next year. Kid is very very athetlic. Would be a huge get.

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2017, 05:47:12 PM »
Does that mean Mike Rice or some other coach is being brought in to teach how to box out? Because while our bigs are always going for the blocked shot, that philosophy has left us in poor position to rebound.

hnk

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2017, 05:50:04 PM »
No.....it means current staff plans to hold current players accountable.   See Matt's twitter q and a from yesterday.

Johnny23

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Get this kid in here, get Rice and get to work.

« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
speaking only for myself I share what I hear from people I trust. Sometimes it turns out to be accurate and for a variety of reasons a lot of times I'm wrong. If this were the 80's and this board existed I guarantee I'd almost never be wrong but with so many people around these kids things are so fluid and can change in an instant.  Now I've also heard Wilson is a huge SJU lean but understand I know for a FACT Kante told people he was coming and then didn't. My unsolicited advise would be appreciate the people sharing what they know, understand we're just trying to contribute to part of a similar fan base but ultimately if we're wrong bent frustration at losing a player not anger or doubt at a poster.
+1000
Without the "insider's" view, irrespective if it pans out, we have nothing of interest to talk about. As 79 says, kids change their minds...when we start to win, the decisions will work more in our favor. Until then, it'll be crapshoot

Moose

« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »
No.....it means current staff plans to hold current players accountable.   See Matt's twitter q and a from yesterday.

With 8 players how will they do that exactly
Remember who broke the Slice news

hnk

« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2017, 08:49:11 PM »
One butt at a time.

« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
Turns out Tucker did get his Duke offer today. So most likely that is where he's headed, leaving both Cuse and Ga. Tech still positioned to land Wilson.

I am personally giving up on predicting Wilson and Tucker at this point.

Tucker told Evan Daniels he is down to Duke and Syracuse and was ready to pull the trigger on Syracuse until Duke came along:

Tucker said he was set to pull the trigger for Syracuse, prior to the call from Duke last weekend.

"I was about to narrow it down to just Syracuse," Tucker said. "Then Duke came in and I wasn’t sure at first, but my visit changed my perspective on everything and it made my decision even harder."

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1777906-jordan-tucker-is-down-to-2-ready-to-decide

« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2017, 10:38:57 PM »
I'd bet my life savings we don't get him.

Exactly how much money do you have in your life savings????

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
Zach Braziller‏  @NYPost_Brazille: 

Told the Sid Wilson official visit to St John´s started Friday night. Goes until early Sunday #sjubb

derk

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
Zach Braziller‏  @NYPost_Brazille: 

Told the Sid Wilson official visit to St John´s started Friday night. Goes until early Sunday #sjubb

Don't let him out alive 😊
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:53:52 PM by jumpinjohnny »