Bird vs Pierce

• 4 replies
Bird vs Pierce
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
Bird all the way imo

During Game 2, I heard ABC analyst Mark Jackson say he agreed with Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan's assertion that "Paul Pierce is the most explosive offensive force who has ever put on a Celtics uniform." With all due respect to Ryan, who certainly knows more about Celtics history than I do, and Jackson, stop it! This is a clear case of being caught up in the heat of the moment. Pierce is tremendous, and he may be pushing himself toward the Hall of Fame, but what about Larry Bird?! If by explosive we mean "athletic, quick,'' etc. ... then yes, Pierce is more "explosive'' than Bird. But if by "explosive'' we mean "best offensive player'' then it's Bird hands down.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3434250&name=broussard_chris

Randomhero423

Re: Bird vs Pierce
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 11:31:56 AM »
pierce isn't even a superstar.  and a boderline HOF'er..

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
blasphemy...though I do think Pierce was underrated before this year lets not go crazy!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »
Playin like a madman, no doubt. Was underrated his whole career cause he play on lousy teams. He wuz a steal at 10 in the draft.

But Larry is Larry.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
Pierce has taken his game to another level with the additions of Allen and KG. I don't think PP hasn't played this well before ever in his career.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle