WHO IS TO BLAME?

• 63 replies

TONYD3

Re: WHO IS TO BLAME?
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
Sorry Foad. Their is no substance to your hate. You don't even hate not sure what you do. But you seemed happier to discuss this any of the good things that have happened to this team. I don't know how to link his twitter page. Google Rysheed Jordan Black Jesus Basketball. Their are few fake names. His real one has over 34,000 tweets.
Thinking of changing my name to UFOAD- Is that to much. I am thinking about becoming an internet bad boy. The real foad is leaving. We have a game sunday and will win big.   

Foad

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 09:33:44 AM »
Sorry Foad. Their is no substance to your hate. You don't even hate not sure what you do. But you seemed happier to discuss this any of the good things that have happened to this team. I don't know how to link his twitter page. Google Rysheed Jordan Black Jesus Basketball. Their are few fake names. His real one has over 34,000 tweets. Thinking of changing my name to UFOAD- Is that to much. I am thinking about becoming an internet bad boy. The real foad is leaving. We have a game sunday and will win big.
Um.

Poison

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
Sorry Foad. Their is no substance to your hate. You don't even hate not sure what you do. But you seemed happier to discuss this any of the good things that have happened to this team. I don't know how to link his twitter page. Google Rysheed Jordan Black Jesus Basketball. Their are few fake names. His real one has over 34,000 tweets. Thinking of changing my name to UFOAD- Is that to much. I am thinking about becoming an internet bad boy. The real foad is leaving. We have a game sunday and will win big.

I've said we'll win big before regarding Fordham. 

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 09:56:53 AM »
It is sheer speculation that Jordan is not happy with Lavin or the program. No basis whatsoever, To the contrary, his mate from Philadepphia would not be coming here unless Jordan was saying positive things. No doubt Jordan wants to move on to the next level and start earning money, but that in no way translates into transferring to another program, The tweet has been disavowed. Enough already. And Lavin does not "air dirty laundry in public". He has never said anything critical about a player. Even when Harrison was suspended Lavin was supportive. And Harrison came back a better man and a better player. Harrison himself says it was the best thing to happen to him. Wooden once threw Walton off the team because his hair was too long. Walton went to get a haircut immediately. Lavin and every good coach has rules. And if they are broken there are consequences. Such is life. I don't know why Jordan is not starting. Maybe he needs to watch the game for a few minutesto get a feel for what opponent is doing. He is only a sophomore. Maybe it was the turnovers which we have no margin of error for. Maybe it was because Jordan was trying to do too much. No one knows and Lavin owes none of us an explanation. But what is important is Jordan has embraced the role. His demeanor is great and his play has improved. End of story. 

desco80

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »
Also, I don't think I ever answered the question in the title of this thread.. I blame no one but Rysheed for how he acts off the court. For dressing down in a manner that disrespects his position and the university, and for referring to robin hood in his post game comments after our biggest win in years... for these, and many other things, I blame Lavin.

Seriously you are a joke with this issue on how he dresses. If the university has an issue it would've been addressed. disrespecting his position? Time for you to move on.

How do you know that the university hasn't tried to address it?
You get paid nearly $2mil a year, wear a damn suit and tie.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
It is sheer speculation that Jordan is not happy with Lavin or the program. No basis whatsoever, To the contrary, his mate from Philadepphia would not be coming here unless Jordan was saying positive things. No doubt Jordan wants to move on to the next level and start earning money, but that in no way translates into transferring to another program, The tweet has been disavowed. Enough already. And Lavin does not "air dirty laundry in public". He has never said anything critical about a player. Even when Harrison was suspended Lavin was supportive. And Harrison came back a better man and a better player. Harrison himself says it was the best thing to happen to him. Wooden once threw Walton off the team because his hair was too long. Walton went to get a haircut immediately. Lavin and every good coach has rules. And if they are broken there are consequences. Such is life. I don't know why Jordan is not starting. Maybe he needs to watch the game for a few minutesto get a feel for what opponent is doing. He is only a sophomore. Maybe it was the turnovers which we have no margin of error for. Maybe it was because Jordan was trying to do too much. No one knows and Lavin owes none of us an explanation. But what is important is Jordan has embraced the role. His demeanor is great and his play has improved. End of story.
How do we know that Harrison came back a better man without knowing what he was doing wrong that warranted a suspension? And I beg to differ, Lavin does owe an explanation, and we are exactly the people who he owes it to. Telling fans that there is no basis for this transfer is irresponsible of you. Lavin has F'd up this season before even it even started w Thomas and Delarosa. He owes an explanation for 2 ineligible big men, and if he doesn't have a damn good one, I won't flinch when his head rolls in March, because it's going to. 

Poison

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
Also, I don't think I ever answered the question in the title of this thread.. I blame no one but Rysheed for how he acts off the court. For dressing down in a manner that disrespects his position and the university, and for referring to robin hood in his post game comments after our biggest win in years... for these, and many other things, I blame Lavin.
Seriously you are a joke with this issue on how he dresses. If the university has an issue it would've been addressed. disrespecting his position? Time for you to move on.
How do you know that the university hasn't tried to address it? You get paid nearly $2mil a year, wear a damn suit and tie.

Who cares what he wears? I give a shit. Wear a dress for all I care, but WIN.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »
It's hard to take a guy wearing a sweatsuit under a blazer seriously.

hnk

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
Now we are complaining about the  Coach's attire?  Desco, what's up with that?

cjfish

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
I really don't care what Lavin wears, if the team is winning he can wear shorts and a Tommy Bahama shirt......BLACK JESUS.....for those of you who don't know or remember....was Earl Monroe's nickname as a young man in Philly before he became the Pearl....this nickname should not be used by anyone especially a kid who has not performed miracles yet and Im tired of reading it.........I realize it is probably an homage to Monroe....he is a nice player and Im optimistic but really?!.....

TONYD3

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
Sorry this is dumber then the "Lavin doesn't care about rebounding" argument. Jordan played well before Gonzaga. He has played better since he was taken out of the starting lineup. What ever happened 2 years ago happened. If Harrison was mistreated he never would have come back here. Their is no issue, never was. Only people flaming a message board.

Foad

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
Now we are complaining about the Coach's attire? Desco, what's up with that?

He looks like a mental patient,that's what's up with it. The guy spends 2 hours a day in front of the mirror blow drying his hair and then throws on a track suit. How do you dress your Lavin blow up doll? Probably pretty nice am I right? All we're asking for is the same consideration.

Foad

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2014, 10:34:25 AM »
It's hard to take a guy wearing a sweatsuit under a blazer seriously.
Unless he's a waste management consultant obviously.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
Sorry this is dumber then the "Lavin doesn't care about rebounding" argument. Jordan played well before Gonzaga. He has played better since he was taken out of the starting lineup. What ever happened 2 years ago happened. If Harrison was mistreated he never would have come back here. Their is no issue, never was. Only people flaming a message board.
What happened two years ago cost St.John's the NCAA tournament. Some people, like Lavin would like you to blame Harrison. I put 100% of the blame on Lavin, and that is where it belongs. If Harrison broke the law, we'd know about it. If he anything where he put another student or students in danger, we'd know about it. The truth is, I don't care what he did. I care what Lavin did. And he threw away our season to make some point that we aren't privy to, and that warrants a pink slip IMO. 

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »
He's a freaking basketball coach. I've always thought it was ridiculous that it was the norm for them to dress up. He can wear what he wants and what he's comfortable in. He's not disrespecting the university at all. You can call it weird all you want, but please, he's a basketball coach who sweats, shouts, jumps, and roams the sideline. Perhaps he's just not comfortable enough in normal dress clothes.

Just really fishing for something to complain about at this point, huh?

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
Wash, rinse, repeat.

paultzman

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
How do you know that the university hasn't tried to address it? You get paid nearly $2mil a year, wear a damn suit and tie.
"Commandogate" next expose?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:10:57 AM by paultzman »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
What happened two years ago cost St.John's the NCAA tournament. Some people, like Lavin would like you to blame Harrison. I put 100% of the blame on Lavin, and that is where it belongs. If Harrison broke the law, we'd know about it. If he anything where he put another student or students in danger, we'd know about it. The truth is, I don't care what he did. I care what Lavin did. And he threw away our season to make some point that we aren't privy to, and that warrants a pink slip IMO.
We had an outside shot of making the tournament and I really don't think we would have made it with Harrison. If Harkless was still on the team then I would agree more that he purposely tank our chances of making the tournament. To this is the a similiar argument about not dropping Jeter in the batting order. The Yanks we're not going to make the playoffs so I don't think Girardi was tanking the team's chances by not dropping him. 
I will defiantly agree that last year was a disappointment and Lavin even said the goal of last year was to make the tournament and he failed. he also failed so far to build towards the future of this program, but as of right now I'm a little more optimistic of recruits, otherwise we are worse off before Lavin arrived.
Cougar O' Malley

ras

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »
I'm not crazy about the swets under the blazer. But,I also don't care what he wears. Bobby Knight and Lou Carneseca wore sweaters.As long as he doesn't look like a hobo.

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »
This is a dumb topic.