Update on Mitch Richmond?

• 24 replies

jsk

Update on Mitch Richmond?
« on: October 03, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »
Is there anything new to report on Mr. R?

Re: Update on Mitch Richmond?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
damn with the title of the thread I thought you had an update on mitch richmond

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
From someone I know that has pretty reliable info he is not coming because it does not work on his end. Adding in circumstantial evidence that he is not here by now and I must say it doesn't look good for him coming on board.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »
From someone I know that has pretty reliable info he is not coming because it does not work on his end. Adding in circumstantial evidence that he is not here by now and I must say it doesn't look good for him coming on board.

You do know that he was on campus at Dribble for Cure event last week, right?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
They haven't even formally announced the hiring of Matic yet.

jsk

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 05:16:11 PM »
mjmaherjr, I placed a ? at the end of the topic subject. Sorry it confused you. :'(

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 08:50:40 PM »
I have a feeling it might be some financial hurdles within the basketball budget
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

wpc77

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »
I have a feeling it might be some financial hurdles within the basketball budget

Let UA or VW endow that shit then!

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 12:32:33 AM »

Don't work like that. Plus UA doesn't have money like that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 12:37:59 AM »

give him stock then :)

wpc77

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »

Heh! I know.  Meant the boosters inside of them more specifically (really thinking of VW when saying that)

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
In a previous text a few days ago I stated that I heard from a source that Mitch wasn't coming. Heard from a second source that he is happy with his current position as a scout for the Sacremento  Kings and will not be coming to SJU. Just passing along what I have heard (you don't have to believe it...Moose).

Moose

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »
In a previous text a few days ago I stated that I heard from a source that Mitch wasn't coming. Heard from a second source that he is happy with his current position as a scout for the Sacremento  Kings and will not be coming to SJU. Just passing along what I have heard (you don't have to believe it...Moose).

I just asked if you were aware he was at an SJU event wearing SJU apparel.  I find it odd how he would be at SJU event wearing SJU clothing when really he has 0 ties to the university.  And also its not like he and Mullin played 10 years together.

My understanding is all signs point to him coming on board but money is tight.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:33 PM »

I just asked if you were aware he was at an SJU event wearing SJU apparel.  I find it odd how he would be at SJU event wearing SJU clothing when really he has 0 ties to the university.  And also its not like he and Mullin played 10 years together.

Whew, that was quick!  :)  What you say may very well be true which would explain why he is happy at his current position but maybe more $ would entice him to take SJU job. Source was also a scout for an NBA team and basically says they have The Life of Riley compared to coaches which is what he used to be at the collegiate level.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »

Whew, that was quick!  :)  What you say may very well be true which would explain why he is happy at his current position but maybe more $ would entice him to take SJU job. Source was also a scout for an NBA team and basically says they have The Life of Riley compared to coaches which is what he used to be at the collegiate level.

Lets remember if he is on staff he will be another Keady.  So while not a full fledged coach still slightly less crazy as the life of Mullin, Slice, Matt, and St. Jean.

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 10:40:44 PM »
I wonder if Cooley's tactics have raised Richmond's price somewhat. I'm sure he has a shrewd agent. Just a thought.

Moose

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »
I wonder if Cooley's tactics have raised Richmond's price somewhat. I'm sure he has a shrewd agent. Just a thought.

The $ was an issue from the beginning. 

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 10:45:21 PM »
But could it be that MR's bargaining power has strengthened since the revelation of Cooley's race card?

Poison

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:58 PM »
But could it be that MR's bargaining power has strengthened since the revelation of Cooley's race card?

No

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 11:45:17 PM »
In all honesty it's a worthless position. No need to pay millions to have your buddy on the team.