Update on Mitch Richmond?

• 24 replies

TONYD3

Re: Update on Mitch Richmond?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 09:21:42 AM »
In all honesty it's a worthless position. No need to pay millions to have your buddy on the team.
agree. also would rather have a young kid trying to make a name for himself who will work his ass off

Happy

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »
will be done very soon .

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »
In all honesty it's a worthless position. No need to pay millions to have your buddy on the team.
agree. also would rather have a young kid trying to make a name for himself who will work his ass off

1000 % disagree with you guys. No offense but I could not be further on the opposite end of the spectrum here.  Getting mitch would be a gigantic bonus in my mind.   Whether he ever actually goes on a recruiting trip (which I believe he could if other assistants stay home and there is 4 allowed on road at a time blah blah blah) just the pitch that any of our guys can give about sju gets stronger with not just one but two NBA HOF on staff. You already hear almost every kid interviewed after meeting with the staff about how we have nba ties and mullin is a HOF.  Right now it's what we're selling and our nba ties (not nba production, which will have to wait) pitch is arguably as strong as anyone right now and then you add in "ohhhh by the way you'll also be able to work out and pick the brain of another hall of famer who is on our staff" that's huge and much more valuable then just a young "hungry" kid who I don't think there would even be a point of hiring as a special assistant which is more an added spot for special situations (I.e. Mean gene).  Is it a make or break hire for us, no, but it's thecherry on top of the staff.  Pay the man! Haha let's get it done
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:29:16 PM by shaun1345 »

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 02:18:54 PM »
We need Mitch Richmond for all the above reasons . Just do it

Poison

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »
What I wonder is just how impressed recruits will be with the idea of Mitch Richmond? He starred in California, and he played college ball pretty far away from here. Will it matter to a 16/17 year old kid that Mitch Richmond was great 20 years ago? What I think he will help with is the Red/White fan base. (Like Gene Keady did) They're the ones who know who he is, and how good he was. (And yes, for those too young to remember, he was that good)