DePaul game thread

• 49 replies

Poison

DePaul game thread
« on: February 25, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
With a win tonight, the Johnnies would be tied with DePaul and would likely not finish in dead last place in the BE.
While nothing is expected in terms of a post season from this lot, I think it's important that the improvement that has been shown against Nova, DePaul and Seton Hall be carried over into these last 2 regular season games and in the BE tournament. After tonight, it's less about wins, and more about showing that they've come together as a team.

I'm looking for momentum going into the summer. And I'm not even looking for a lot of it.

paultzman

Re: DePaul game thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »
Billy Garrett playing.

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 08:41:14 PM »
Billy Garrett playing.
That sucks . Hope he is still hobbled .

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 10:02:05 PM »
Billy Garrett playing.
No actually we suck! Getting blown out by next to last place team in first half. Horrible sloppy effort!

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:14:01 PM »
Billy Garrett playing.
No actually we suck! Getting blown out by next to last place team in first half. Horrible sloppy effort!
Agreed. This is beyond disgraceful.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »
Billy Garrett playing.
Agreed. This is beyond disgraceful.

We can't seem to stay in front of our man, so let's continue playing man-to-man.  That's what I saw in the first half.  I haven't taken a peek of second half action.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:28:51 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
I know it shouldn't surprise me but FREE THROWS!

Wods317

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 11:24:43 PM »
Played better in the second half and if they played that way the whole game it would have been a close one. For a team with so few chances for wins you think they would have started the game with some more fire. Overall not a good effort and a side not Mussini is struggling bad right now.

boo3

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:28:40 PM »
There are no words for how bad this team is.  Nothing.. Zero improvement

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 11:37:50 PM »
They came our flat,  had no fire in the belly until it was too late... Holifield and Dial don't deserve to endure this type of painful bench riding.... give them Mussini's minutes the rest of the season.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 12:27:45 AM »
Wasn't figuring that a team with one conference win could come out so flat in a winnable game, but I guess the tough loss against Seton Hall took alot out of us.  After being tied at 15, the rest of the first half was our worst basketball of the year, especially on defense.

The 9 first half turnovers, largely unforced on passes to no one, left us in too deep a hole.  Our free throw shooting remains inexplicably bad, although Ellison might have found something tonight.  No matter the opponent, we're too weak a team to have any chance when we're turning the ball over and missing free throws.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 01:22:29 AM »
Free throws, low motor in the first half, Durand's dumb ass technical foul & getting 0 pts from two FTs and possession after a DePaul flagrant really did them in. Such a winnable game, and in a season of not many winable games they should be ashamed.

Malik Ellison though, the improvement is there. Sima and Yakwe getting good minutes in is what we need to see more of these last three games of the season. I don't care if Mussini is struggling though he needs these minutes.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:40 AM »
Free throws, low motor in the first half, Durand's dumb ass technical foul & getting 0 pts from two FTs and possession after a DePaul flagrant really did them in. Such a winnable game, and in a season of not many winable games they should be ashamed.

Malik Ellison though, the improvement is there. Sima and Yakwe getting good minutes in is what we need to see more of these last three games of the season. I don't care if Mussini is struggling though he needs these minutes.

I don't know if at this point they should be ashamed, or if they should just stop playing basketball, period.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 07:23:57 AM »
Free throws, low motor in the first half, Durand's dumb ass technical foul

Fun fact: Billy Garrett shot the two technical free throws
                 Billy Garrett was not on the court when the technical (such a weak call btw) was called
                 Billy Garrett shoots 82.5% from the line and was 8-8 last night
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 09:03:53 AM »

Why does he need more minutes? Ellison is better and will wind up playing more than him next year anyway. Mussini better hit some open shots next season or you are going to see DNP-CD after his name in box score  a bunch next year

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »
You guys forgot our technical foul. Jones misses dunk, the 2 free throws, and then turns the ball over.

Foad

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »
Why does he need more minutes?

It's affirmative action.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
Why does he need more minutes?

It's affirmative action.

Plus one thing lol

Foad

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

ras

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 12:29:05 PM »

Why does he need more minutes? Ellison is better and will wind up playing more than him next year anyway. Mussini better hit some open shots next season or you are going to see DNP-CD after his name in box score  a bunch next year
The way he has been playing it looks like he needs less minutes not more. Unless he really works hard during the summer, I don't think he will have to worry about fatigue next year b cause he will fall on the depth chart.