Rysheed Jordan

• 70 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Rysheed Jordan
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »
Unsung hero of the game was amile Jefferson.  His d on Kaminsky esp when okafor and Winslow were out was awesome.

Grayson Allen is a MCDs but he has looked absolutely clueless at times (and flashes of greatness at others). He and tyus jones have large cojones.

I get the Duke and coach K hatred Truat me, but gotta respect coach K.  He has the faith in guys like Plumlee jefferson and Allen at key junctures of the game to sit okafor and Winslow down 9 and slowly bring them back.  Duke didn't fold - they played as tough as confident as ever.  He is the best teacher and leader of men in the game and On a johnnies note, Chris Mullin names him as someone he wants to emulate.  I see a lot of those same qualities in chris that coach k has.  Great couple weeks for me in the basketball world.
"I drink and I know things"

Mike

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »
Unsung hero of the game was amile Jefferson.  His d on Kaminsky esp when okafor and Winslow were out was awesome.

Grayson Allen is a MCDs but he has looked absolutely clueless at times (and flashes of greatness at others). He and tyus jones have large cojones.

I get the Duke and coach K hatred Truat me, but gotta respect coach K.  He has the faith in guys like Plumlee jefferson and Allen at key junctures of the game to sit okafor and Winslow down 9 and slowly bring them back.  Duke didn't fold - they played as tough as confident as ever.  He is the best teacher and leader of men in the game and On a johnnies note, Chris Mullin names him as someone he wants to emulate.  I see a lot of those same qualities in chris that coach k has.  Great couple weeks for me in the basketball world.
I actually don't mind Coach K, I would take him here anytime to be our coach. Most of the hate is out of jealously. But if he was here people would love him. Just like when we lose a recruit to say Slice, it's always about that brown bag. If slice comes here will we be talking about a brown bag when he lands a recruit? I doubt it. Lol

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 11:24:37 AM »
Ha stole my thunder. Allen was a MCD's all-american - for all the KY talk, Duke had 8 on its roster. Allen played well in some games down the stretch and in the tourney. Not sure why he didn't get more burn earlier in the year. He saved that game last night when Wisconsin started pulling away and then Jones took them home.
Had 9 Mac All Americans until they threw Sulimon off the team who probably ate up the PT Grayson didn't get while he was still on the team. Kentucky and Duke started season with most Mac All Americans ever with 9.

cjfish

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »
Cant believe you all are on this thread, reading twitters, etc. while the championship game is going on.  Im starting to believe most of you are not true hoop fans.  Cant be on your computer and concentrate on a game.  Im happy Jordan is apparently coming back bujt I could wait till 11:30 to check it out.  Did not hang around to watch the aftermath, hate Duke, it's vulgar coach, their preppy foulmouthed students with their sense of entitlement, and everything about the program.  Was a good game for those of you who missed it.  Too bad about the outcome, Wisc plays ball the way it should be played but did not have the athletic talent to pull it off, not to mention the ref job they fell victim to

Vulgar Coach..?

Indeed, his language with the refs and the way he rides them is inexcusable but he gets away with it, particularly at Cameron, because of the Duke Mystique, largely a creation of Dick Vitale.  Doing it the "Duke way" in reality consists of a Vulgar coach who bends the rules.  What happened to the Duke way which was 4 year students.  He has more early outs than anyone, Ky only competes recently. THe student body, "The Cameron Crazies"  are the most obnoxious in the land and the administration gives them free rein.  Disgraceful, particularly for an academically elite institution.  FOR DETAILS GOOGLE THE "ANTI-DUKE MANIFESTO".  I Tried to attach it but it exceeded the size limits     

Poison

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Cant believe you all are on this thread, reading twitters, etc. while the championship game is going on.  Im starting to believe most of you are not true hoop fans.  Cant be on your computer and concentrate on a game.  Im happy Jordan is apparently coming back bujt I could wait till 11:30 to check it out.  Did not hang around to watch the aftermath, hate Duke, it's vulgar coach, their preppy foulmouthed students with their sense of entitlement, and everything about the program.  Was a good game for those of you who missed it.  Too bad about the outcome, Wisc plays ball the way it should be played but did not have the athletic talent to pull it off, not to mention the ref job they fell victim to.     

Vulgar Coach..?

Duke fans are the absolute worst in the game. But Coach K vulgar? You can call him a lot of names, but it was Ryan who acted like a sore loser. When Okafor and Winslow went down Duke had a scrub that I'd never even heard of step up, and that's the definition of a team. Wisconsin rushed and forced shots and stopped running a patient methodical offense. That's why they lost.

Yeah that's why

FGS made

Wisc 25 (+1)
DoOk 24

3's made

Wisc 7 (+3)
DooK 4

Reb

Wisc 35 (+2)
Dewk 33

Assists

Wisc 13 (+6)
DoOk 7

TOs

Wisc 5 (even)
Dewk 5

FT

Wisc 6-10
DewK 16-20 (+10)

I said they stopped running a patient methodical offense. That doesn't mean that they didn't play that way for most of the game, which they did.

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 11:35:20 AM »
Cant believe you all are on this thread, reading twitters, etc. while the championship game is going on.  Im starting to believe most of you are not true hoop fans.  Cant be on your computer and concentrate on a game.  Im happy Jordan is apparently coming back bujt I could wait till 11:30 to check it out.  Did not hang around to watch the aftermath, hate Duke, it's vulgar coach, their preppy foulmouthed students with their sense of entitlement, and everything about the program.  Was a good game for those of you who missed it.  Too bad about the outcome, Wisc plays ball the way it should be played but did not have the athletic talent to pull it off, not to mention the ref job they fell victim to.     

Vulgar Coach..?

He is an absolute beacon of integrity

"Then, on March 2, The Chronicle, the independent Duke student newspaper, published a story that drove Sulaimon further out of view. The story said that Krzyzewski and others in Duke’s athletic department knew Sulaimon had been accused by two women of sexual assault more than a year ago, but had kept him on the team until a student intern, Lincoln Wensley, learned of the allegations and raised questions."
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Tha Kid

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »
Cant believe you all are on this thread, reading twitters, etc. while the championship game is going on.  Im starting to believe most of you are not true hoop fans.  Cant be on your computer and concentrate on a game.  Im happy Jordan is apparently coming back bujt I could wait till 11:30 to check it out.  Did not hang around to watch the aftermath, hate Duke, it's vulgar coach, their preppy foulmouthed students with their sense of entitlement, and everything about the program.  Was a good game for those of you who missed it.  Too bad about the outcome, Wisc plays ball the way it should be played but did not have the athletic talent to pull it off, not to mention the ref job they fell victim to

Vulgar Coach..? 

Indeed, his language with the refs and the way he rides them is inexcusable but he gets away with it, particularly at Cameron, because of the Duke Mystique, largely a creation of Dick Vitale.  Doing it the "Duke way" in reality consists of a Vulgar coach who bends the rules.  What happened to the Duke way which was 4 year students.  He has more early outs than anyone, Ky only competes recently. THe student body, "The Cameron Crazies"  are the most obnoxious in the land and the administration gives them free rein.  Disgraceful, particularly for an academically elite institution.  FOR DETAILS GOOGLE THE "ANTI-DUKE MANIFESTO".  I Tried to attach it but it exceeded the size limits     

I didn't know you were the crying UNC fan!
"I drink and I know things"

Johnny23

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »

Without Grayson Allen, Duke doesn't cut down the nets. Wisky up by 9 and that kid's fearlessness and tough drives to the hoop sparked Duke to get back in the game.

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:06 PM »
And I am opening this thread today to think I am going to hear good news about Rysheed Jordan.  :D

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »
So much Rysheed Jordan discussion in this thread...

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »

Vulgar Coach..? 

I didn't know you were the crying UNC fan!

It'll start again in football next season - expectations are up ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:28:55 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »

On a serious note, yea, the refs were horrible.  Otherwise known as, the refs were as expected for a Duke game.  Other than that, was a great game of basketball.

Officiating was horrible during the entire Final Four

Reffing basketball is very difficult.

Wods317

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »

On a serious note, yea, the refs were horrible.  Otherwise known as, the refs were as expected for a Duke game.  Other than that, was a great game of basketball.

Keeping a thread on topic is very difficult. Lets talk about Rysheed.....

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 11:38:56 PM »

Refereeing Rysheed is difficult.

I am intrigued to see if somehow, some way,what Rysheed can do if he doesn't have any distractions next year.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:31 PM »

Refereeing Rysheed is difficult.

I am intrigued to see if somehow, some way,what Rysheed can do if he doesn't have any distractions next year.

Just like w Obekpa, Jordan has to take every game seriously. And, if he's going to get drafted, he's got to be a point guard, and make everyone else around him better. Erick Barkley and Omar Cook were two of the best point guards in the nation and they had a cup of coffee in the league. If he wants to stick, he's should work as hard as he can so that Rysheed Jordan as a lottery pick is a good idea.

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 12:10:52 AM »
Jordan has a lot better size/athleticism/quickness than Barkley & Cook.  They were natural point guards.  Jordan played quite well with the ball in his hands, esp in 2013-2014.  He also showed an ability to set up Obekpa that no one else on the team displayed.

Does it make him a point guard?  We obviously need to recruit one for this year.  Mostly all these draft picks are projects of one sort or other though, & Jordan was getting past people at will late in the season, & is probably viewed as having very good potential as a combo player.

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2015, 12:34:28 AM »
To me it's pretty simple for Jordan.  Lock yourself in the gym for the next year and work your tail off.  Forget your friends, your girl and all the other distractions in your life and concentrate on basketball.  Clean up that handle, make sure that jumper is consistent and get in the weight room. 

When he came back from his leave it was clear he started to focus more on basketball evident by his improvement in shooting (Free Throws/Threes) and his ability to take care of the ball. 

Has wonderful size and athleticism but now it's time to put it all together and get to the league. 

Poison

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 01:43:48 AM »
Jordan has a lot better size/athleticism/quickness than Barkley & Cook.  They were natural point guards.  Jordan played quite well with the ball in his hands, esp in 2013-2014.  He also showed an ability to set up Obekpa that no one else on the team displayed.

Does it make him a point guard?  We obviously need to recruit one for this year.  Mostly all these draft picks are projects of one sort or other though, & Jordan was getting past people at will late in the season, & is probably viewed as having very good potential as a combo player.

I agree that Jordan has a ton of natural ability, but his basketball IQ isn't comparable to Barkley and Cook. They made their teammates look as good as they ever would. Jordan has the ability to break down his defender and go strong to the basket, and he does that quite a bit. But we need him to either run the offense or play off the ball. If he's the point, and he's looking for his own shot constantly with Pointer and Harrison on the floor, what's going to happen when he's got Balamou and Jones to throw it to?

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 01:59:50 AM »

I agree that Jordan has a ton of natural ability, but his basketball IQ isn't comparable to Barkley and Cook. They made their teammates look as good as they ever would. Jordan has the ability to break down his defender and go strong to the basket, and he does that quite a bit. But we need him to either run the offense or play off the ball. If he's the point, and he's looking for his own shot constantly with Pointer and Harrison on the floor, what's going to happen when he's got Balamou and Jones to throw it to?
Hopefully not throw it to Balamou or Jones.

desco80

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
You guys are severely underrating Rysheed's court vision.   The guy makes plays for others.