Rysheed Jordan

• 70 replies

Wods317

Re: Rysheed Jordan
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2015, 10:51:11 AM »
To me it's pretty simple for Jordan.  Lock yourself in the gym for the next year and work your tail off.  Forget your friends, your girl and all the other distractions in your life and concentrate on basketball.  Clean up that handle, make sure that jumper is consistent and get in the weight room. 

When he came back from his leave it was clear he started to focus more on basketball evident by his improvement in shooting (Free Throws/Threes) and his ability to take care of the ball. 

Has wonderful size and athleticism but now it's time to put it all together and get to the league. 
Great points. If he comes back he will either need to have razor sharp focus and only care about school and basketball during the season. He has the ability with his handle, shooting, passing and driving to be a first round pick if he works his ass off and listens to Chris and the other coaches. Or he could miss practice, go home, turn the ball over, not improve his shoot and be kicked off the team or leave mid season. I wish I could talk to him and express how this year will probably dictate the rest of his professional life. I hope he focuses both for himself and for the program.

boo3

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:55 AM »
IMO, Sheed's biggest weakness as a PG is his handle.   Just not tight enough for a big time PG.   He'd get ripped left and right at NBA level. 

desco80

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »
IMO, Sheed's biggest weakness as a PG is his handle.   Just not tight enough for a big time PG.   He'd get ripped left and right at NBA level. 

Agree Boo.   Going into this season, or even going into January I would've said it was his jumpshot, but that steadily improved throughout the season.   
Tighten up the handle, and work on going left occasionally. 

paultzman

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2015, 11:06:09 AM »

Agree, his handle & high dribble merit improvement. I personally like him off the ball, posting up & cutting off screens. That said, unless we come up with a true PG, he may have to play there.

desco80

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:25 AM »
I like him on the ball because I think he runs that high pick and roll about as well as anyone.   He's adept at turning the corner, and he has an eye for finding his big man rolling to the tin. 
That said, he does a lot of damage when he can post up smaller guards. 

hnk

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2015, 11:13:11 AM »
A few times from the wing he penetrated along the baseline...when help came...he assisted to Dom cutting down the lane from the foul line or even top of the key.....plays of beauty.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:13:51 AM by hnk »

Poison

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »
Jordan reminds me of Michael Redd. He can put it on the floor and get to the rack, and he can hit the three from all over the court. As a point guard, his penetration skills aren't resulting in plays for other players. That's a scoring guard. Nothing wrong with that, but let's put a pass first player at the point. Anthony Collins is available. We could do worse.

Poison

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2015, 12:51:42 PM »

Gene told me that the staff tried to get him to play lower down to the ground. He didn't listen.

QuanMan

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 03:06:25 PM »
Sheed's in the midst of one of his classic Twitter tangents, I try not to read into it too much but see below:

blackjesus @____whynot  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
Somethings I do is because I have too..

blackjesus @____whynot  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
My decision I make is best for me not based on what others think....,

blackjesus
‏@____whynot
Hard time like this I will never forget!
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2015, 12:44:45 AM »
Sheed's in the midst of one of his classic Twitter tangents, I try not to read into it too much but see below:

blackjesus @____whynot  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
Somethings I do is because I have too..

blackjesus @____whynot  ·  7m 7 minutes ago
My decision I make is best for me not based on what others think....,

blackjesus
‏@____whynot
Hard time like this I will never forget!
@BlackYoda ? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:45:21 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2015, 05:10:31 AM »
I honestly believe that he will flourish if the team actually runs an offense, unlike lavin. Have him handle some, and run plays for him while off the ball