Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies
Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
So the argument, Dink, is that guys like Slice and Chris - who grew up in Brooklyn and have been around and mentored young African-American kids/men their whole life -- are somehow not as qualified as Ed Cooley or Andre LaFleur?  I'm surprised anyone would buy that.

Qualifications doesn't have anything to do with it.

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
If this is like the Sampson recruitment then no news is bad news.  Looks like Happy and Zach were both wrong.  In this case it appears as if it's his parents that don't want him around, especially his Mom.  This has ground to a halt after yesterday's  "not just an announcement" press conference was imminent.  Not even one posting today about Shamorie.

Truly insightful post.  You shouldn't be shy about posting more of these well thought out and researched opinions.
Who cares which board Happy posted it on; he posted the happy face.  Why did he do that? Was it a well "researched" response?  Zach tweeted that a press conference was imminent and it was not just an announcement.  Was that well researched?  People were posting things like  "bank".  And "Yup".  Then yesterday, although the press conference was imminent, not one single post. That seemed a little odd and it concerned me.

And Dave, I was not reffering to Brandon's parents, I was reffering to the fact that he was leaning heavily to SJU, then the silence and the news he was going to LSU.

And as far as Shamorie's parents not wanting him to stay home: He has been "leaning" to us for so long and then we hear how he is just about to commit.  Then we hear how his parents are insisting he visit other schools.  We don't get any mention of a press conference.  This doesn't concern anyone?  If he's such a St. John's lean why doesn't he just commit.  If I told my parents I wanted to go to a certain school but they insisted I visit other schools in other cities, I'd start to wonder.  It hardly seems like a ringing endorsement for St. John's. That's why I said it seems like his parents don't really want him to stay home. You don't have to do much "research." So we go from an announcement is imminent to total silence, but that doesn't concern anyone. Awesome.  Well thought out.

« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
So he's concerned about the coaching staff but has no problem that the other two schools and cities are two of the least diverse in the country.  Yeah that makes sense.

redslope

« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
So he's concerned about the coaching staff but has no problem that the other two schools and cities are two of the least diverse in the country.  Yeah that makes sense.
Agree-SJU is the most diverse private university in the country.  I think it is what every hot shot wants--Minutes.  PU apparently promised 35/game.  Here it would NOT be a guarantee nor even that many minutes.

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »
Prov board feeling confident:

From what I hear, I'm very confident in Ponds coming to Friartown.

http://www.scout.com/college/providence/forums/1323-friar-talk/14073236-ponds-meets-with-chris-mullin-commitment-coming-soon?s=425&page=8

ras

« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »
Other than the 1 quote you wrote. I didn't read any other posts that said he was comming to PC. There were posts hoping he was coming.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:11:17 PM by ras »

« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2015, 10:16:25 PM »
Prov board feeling confident:

From what I hear, I'm very confident in Ponds coming to Friartown.

http://www.scout.com/college/providence/forums/1323-friar-talk/14073236-ponds-meets-with-chris-mullin-commitment-coming-soon?s=425&page=8

Well that does it he's going to Providence...

paultzman

« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2015, 10:19:35 PM »
Sensing we still prevail at the end of the day.

goredmen

« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2015, 11:52:06 PM »

You don't sound as confident as you were a couple days ago
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:52:24 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2015, 12:31:08 AM »

Thanks Paultz!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2015, 12:32:55 AM »
Maybe half the staff should be white, half black in college ball? Same with the roster?

paultzman

« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2015, 07:35:53 AM »

You don't sound as confident as you were a couple days ago
Ebbs & flows of recruiting, but still feel fine about this.

« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2015, 10:34:25 AM »
Yes Providence fans, your coach who dropped the n-bomb while mic'd up at the Big East Tournament WOULD play the race card:

https://youtu.be/ix9-3aMygss?t=1m27s
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
If this is like the Sampson recruitment then no news is bad news.  Looks like Happy and Zach were both wrong.  In this case it appears as if it's his parents that don't want him around, especially his Mom.  This has ground to a halt after yesterday's  "not just an announcement" press conference was imminent.  Not even one posting today about Shamorie.

Truly insightful post.  You shouldn't be shy about posting more of these well thought out and researched opinions.
From Zach's article:  "...members of his family feel that staying at home would not be the best thing for his growth and development". Based on all the other previous quotes, it didn't take a rocket scientist or Phd. level research to figure out that's what was going on Pete88.  Wise a#&.

« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Zach just stole your material Willie G!  :)

wpc77

« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2015, 03:13:33 PM »
Maven saying on Twitter that Richmond will be on staff soon, while mentioning that other staffs soon won't be able to say sju doesn't have any African American coaches

« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »
Maven saying on Twitter that Richmond will be on staff soon, while mentioning that other staffs soon won't be able to say sju doesn't have any African American coaches
What's the hurry? Gitter dun!!!!!

Foad

« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2015, 05:10:22 PM »
Yes Providence fans, your coach who dropped the n-bomb while mic'd up at the Big East Tournament WOULD play the race card:

Listened 11 times. No racial term is spoken.

« Reply #359 on: September 19, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

Listened 11 times. No racial term is spoken.

Yeah, I'm not hearing anything close to what you're saying there.