What could happen...

• 373 replies
Re: What could happen...
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »
So the latest I got is that St. John's is expected to make an announcement today.

In the latest plot twist Lavin out, Mullin in.

major major risk. if true, i have a feeling repole is all over this decision.

Look at first post in thread.

thanks.  just read it.

this would be so bad.  hiring mullin is a PR move.   how many hires of this type succeeded?  hiring an NBA guys does not translate to college.  and he doesn't even have coaching experience!  i hope this isn't true.

Foad

« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:18 AM »
He is a recovering alcoholic, start there.

Poison

« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:12 AM »
So the latest I got is that St. John's is expected to make an announcement today.

thanks.  just read it.

this would be so bad.  hiring mullin is a PR move.   how many hires of this type succeeded?  hiring an NBA guys does not translate to college.  and he doesn't even have coaching experience!  i hope this isn't true.

Mullin is a risk, yes, but his bball iq is off the charts.

« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »
This is bad. How am I going to mock Chris Mullin.

Perhaps you take a break (assuming he wears a coat and tie) ?

« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »

thanks.  just read it.

i thought people wanted a "sure thing"

Poison

« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
Say what you want about Lavin, but if you F with Mullin, people are gonna come looking for you.

Poison

« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

thanks.  just read it.

We already have a sure thing. We are sure to lose in March with Lavin because we have every single time. At least Mullin knows the game. You think he's gonna bring that match up shit to Queens? Man 2 Man, and he'll find shooters, because he'll be able to tell if they can actually shoot.

Poison

« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
This wouldn't be a very nice April's Fools Day joke.

« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2015, 11:49:41 AM »

thanks.  just read it.

We already have a sure thing. We are sure to lose in March with Lavin because we have every single time. At least Mullin knows the game. You think he's gonna bring that match up shit to Queens? Man 2 Man, and he'll find shooters, because he'll be able to tell if they can actually shoot.

this isn't a basketball ball move.  it's about money and PR.  mullin will bring in donors. mullin will bring in PR. 

i'm shocked he's willing to put his legacy on the line.

Tha Kid

« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
Mullin could be a home run.  He knows the game he knows New York and he can sell from firsthand experience what glory and stardom at St. John's looks like.  And every kids mom or dad or handler who knows abhtjjnf about basketball will know him.

Hall of fame dream team home bred basketball genius.  That sounds as good a bet as any to me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:54:12 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
Honestly asking. Is Mullin a household name outside of California, SJU, and NYC? Wasn't groomed to be a GM (as with the knicks)? Will the school spend even more money to ensure he has a staff that can support him?

Bonus question: Will he demand the that the  Redmen name comes back because that's how he roles?
Cougar O' Malley

boo3

« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »
Yes.   Imagine he brings in Slice, like Dave mentioned. 

You either know hoops or you don't.   Weren't the Kings thinking of hiring Chris? 

Steve Kerr had no experience.   Mark Jackson before that. 

Smart people surround themselves with smarter people.  I think a Mullin led staff would do exactly that.   

« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
Honestly asking. Is Mullin a household name outside of California, SJU, and NYC? Wasn't groomed to be a GM (as with the knicks)? Will the school spend even more money to ensure he has a staff that can support him?

Bonus question: Will he demand the that the  Redmen name comes back because that's how he roles?

He is not even a household name on these boards as his name is mispelled Mullin at least 10 times a year

« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »

I highly doubt Chris Mullin is a household name since half of our diehard fans spell his name wrong ;)

« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »

as a marketing guy, i can tell you SJU is still making some money on the side with the Redmen logo.  i don't think the name will ever come back.  but the logo on some apparel might.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »

He is not even a household name on these boards as his name is mispelled Mullin at least 10 times a year

What, Me fail English, that's unpossible
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:53 PM »
Yes.   Imagine he brings in Slice, like Dave mentioned. 

You either know hoops or you don't.   Weren't the Kings thinking of hiring Chris? 

Steve Kerr had no experience.   Mark Jackson before that. 

Smart people surround themselves with smarter people.  I think a Mullin led staff would do exactly that.   

Recruiting would be the issue. If he brings in Slice obviously that fixes that. Since we do not have the ability to hire an experienced succesful coach, Mullin / Slice would be the only hire that would be acceptable IMO

Foad

« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »
i'm shocked he's willing to put his legacy on the line.

Probably he figures that if a bubblehead like Lavin can win 20 games he can win 40. If he does win he becomes a legend. If he loses everyone would still love him and he gets 10 million for his trouble. Nobody in Boston cares what Ted Williams record as a manager was.

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2015, 12:07:21 PM »
I haven't seen more conflicting reports on a sports event since Lebron's decision to take his talents to south beach.

TONYD3

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »
I am at lunch now. When I get back I will ask my students who Chris mullin is? I doubt any of them know. These kids follow basketball. They all want to be Isaiah briscoe and shampor ponds.