What could happen...

• 373 replies
Re: What could happen...
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »
i'm shocked he's willing to put his legacy on the line.

Probably he figures that if a bubblehead like Lavin can win 20 games he can win 40. If he does win he becomes a legend. If he loses everyone would still love him and he gets 10 million for his trouble. Nobody in Boston cares what Ted Williams record as a manager was.

But now he is just a decapitated frozen head

« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2015, 12:10:21 PM »
Yes.   Imagine he brings in Slice, like Dave mentioned. 

You either know hoops or you don't.   Weren't the Kings thinking of hiring Chris? 

Steve Kerr had no experience.   Mark Jackson before that. 

Smart people surround themselves with smarter people.  I think a Mullin led staff would do exactly that.   

kerr and jackson are bad examples.  those guys took over a team led by arguably the most exciting player in the nba.

« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
I am at lunch now. When I get back I will ask my students who Chris mullin is? I doubt any of them know. These kids follow basketball. They all want to be Isaiah briscoe and shampor ponds.

But do they know who Steve Lavin is?

« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
I am at lunch now. When I get back I will ask my students who Chris mullin is? I doubt any of them know. These kids follow basketball. They all want to be Isaiah briscoe and shampor ponds.

But do they know who Steve Lavin is?

the kids won't but their parents will. 

Foad

« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »

Their coaches and parents and handlers know who Mullin is. That the kids don't might be on the teacher.

« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »

Love this logic.

We should make Bobby Schmurda our new head coach because the high school kids know him.

sju89tr

« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
A staff of Mullin, Slice, Matt A, and whoeever else (even if it's T Mullin or Steve Shurina)  would be outstanding

I am not sold on the legend coming back to coach like Drexler for example but Mullin is just a basketball gym rat who made himself great without "the athlete" attached to his skill set

I think he would be an outstanding coach

gman

« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

But their parents will and that will matter in recruiting.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »
A staff of Mullin, Slice, Matt A, and whoeever else (even if it's T Mullin or Steve Shurina)  would be outstanding

I am not sold on the legend coming back to coach like Drexler for example but Mullin is just a basketball gym rat who made himself great without "the athlete" attached to his skill set

Like a Pete Rose....Without the gambling.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:42 PM »

I agree 100%

Foad

« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
i'm shocked he's willing to put his legacy on the line.

Probably he figures that if a bubblehead like Lavin can win 20 games he can win 40. If he does win he becomes a legend. If he loses everyone would still love him and he gets 10 million for his trouble. Nobody in Boston cares what Ted Williams record as a manager was.

But now he is just a decapitated frozen head

And he's still smarter than Lavin.

sju89tr

« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »

Like a Pete Rose....Without the gambling.

I had to look

412-373 in carreer, not too shabby

« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »

Worry would be recruiting. If Slice is part of the deal, when did those conversations take place? Can't imagine Cal would be happy that his assistant is talking about other jobs during the tourney.

desco80

« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
Mullin was on the dream team.   Kids know who he is/was. 
And just as importantly, he was an NBA GM.

sju89tr

« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:35 PM »

Worry would be recruiting. If Slice is part of the deal, when did those conversations take place? Can't imagine Cal would be happy that his assistant is talking about other jobs during the tourney.

Why would Cal care, he's probably looking for a bigger better thing (if that is possible) himself lol

« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »

Love this logic.

We should make Bobby Schmurda our new head coach because the high school kids know him.
Recruiting kids, helps if they know who you are. Should just bring Kate Upton or Rihanna on recruiting trips.

« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2015, 12:25:17 PM »

Why would Cal care, he's probably looking for a bigger better thing (if that is possible) himself lol
Would Louie care if during 85 final four Mahoney was talking to Iona about going there to be an assistant?
That would have maybe changed SJU history for the better, but still.

QuanMan

« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »
Lavin's here for the long term fellas.
Section 3
Section 116

sju89tr

« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »
Someone just tweeted that Mark Jackson on campus

« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2015, 12:35:17 PM »
Someone just tweeted that Mark Jackson on campus

he said he's joking.  making up rumors for the fun of it.