What could happen...

• 373 replies

boo3

Re: What could happen...
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2015, 12:35:17 PM »
Lol.  Stop the insanity.   Make an announcement.

TONYD3

« Reply #261 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
You guys miss my point. He is being hired becuse he was a legend. For anyone older then 40 and a nyc or St. John's fan he is.  No coaching experience. The same people are complaining about our current coach being a fool want to hire a guy who has never even ran a practice.
I am 36, never saw him in college. He played at golden state. They were not on . He was on the dream team but so was Christian laetner. Not trying to disparage him. He was a great player. I remember as a role player on the pacers.
These students of mine are being recruited to Christ the king, bishop Loughlin, and mc lance. Not saying they are all division 1 prospects . But if they Hire mullin it is going to impress the 45 year old alumni not the HS players. If we start wining that will change. I am not against this. I think it could be be great.

« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »
Someone just tweeted that Mark Jackson on campus

he said he's joking.  making up rumors for the fun of it.

hahaha no. So many people throwing out fake rumors, I thought I might as well too

sju89tr

« Reply #263 on: March 27, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »

That user has blocked me, I don't know why

Nothing shocks me at this point

sju89tr

« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

Are you Robbie Leone?

hahaha no. So many people throwing out fake rumors, I thought I might as well too
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:38:38 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »

Are you Robbie Leone?

nope.   i just copied his tweet.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:39:34 PM by redmen4life »

sju89tr

« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »

Are you Robbie Leone?

nope.

Don't know why that twitter account would block me specifically lol

« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2015, 12:40:25 PM »

Are you Robbie Leone?

nope.   i just copied his tweet.

Robbie Leone @inrbrt
@gionysports hahaha no. So many people throwing out fake rumors, I thought I might as well too
 View Conversation
14m

Robbie Leone @inrbrt
Mark Jackson just arrived at queens campus #sjubb

Foad

« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
No coaching experience. 

Norm had coaching experience. Mahoney had coaching experience. The Jarvae had coaching experience. You know who had no coaching experience? Louie.

« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
Mullin could be a home run.  He knows the game he knows New York and he can sell from firsthand experience what glory and stardom at St. John's looks like.  And every kids mom or dad or handler who knows abhtjjnf about basketball will know him.

Hall of fame dream team home bred basketball genius.  That sounds as good a bet as any to me.

If he was a home run, he would be here 20+ yrs. He was raised in bk, went to school at SJU. He wouldn't leave for a bigger job.

« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
Announcement I'm told should be around 1:30.

sju89tr

« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
Mullin could be a home run.  He knows the game he knows New York and he can sell from firsthand experience what glory and stardom at St. John's looks like.  And every kids mom or dad or handler who knows abhtjjnf about basketball will know him.

Hall of fame dream team home bred basketball genius.  That sounds as good a bet as any to me.

If he was a home run, he would be here 20+ yrs. He was raised in bk, went to school at SJU. He wouldn't leave for a bigger job.

I don't think we would have to worry about him working hard and doing his very best to restore the program. The glory days (did we really ever have one?) are over. NYC is a different beast these days but I just want consistency and normally in daily progress from the program.   

mkras99

« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »
Announcement I'm told should be around 1:30.

Announcement of firing, new hiring, one or both?

« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
So the latest I got is that St. John's is expected to make an announcement today.

In the latest plot twist Lavin out, Mullin in.

major major risk. if true, i have a feeling repole is all over this decision.

Look at first post in thread.

If that is the case, and Mullin brings in the guys you mentioned earlier in this thread, then it may not be such a bad idea.  I'd also like a tactician on the bench with him since this would be his first coaching gig.  That doesn't mean to Mullin isn't a capable coach, but I'd feel someone who can "talk with the chalk" should be accompanying Mullin since this will be his first rodeo.

« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
Mullin would be the Anti-Lavin

« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
Smart people surround themselves with smarter people.

Totally agree!  I've long thought a coach should surround himself with a staff that knows just as much, if not more, than s/he.

boo3

« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
 Having your favorite player of all time  being named Head Coach would be quite the birthday present for me.  Lol.

Dink - I'm sure an X and O guy would be part of staff.  Is Al Lobalbo still alive? ( I kid)

« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »
Honestly asking. Is Mullin a household name outside of California, SJU, and NYC? Wasn't groomed to be a GM (as with the knicks)? Will the school spend even more money to ensure he has a staff that can support him?

Bonus question: Will he demand the that the  Redmen name comes back because that's how he roles?

He is not even a household name on these boards as his name is mispelled Mullin at least 10 times a year

LOL 

I've seen Mullin, Mullins, and even Mullin (WTF). 

« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »

« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2015, 12:52:09 PM »
C'Mon now. That would mean this season was a complete failure

No.  For a team that reaches the dance bout as often as I see my kids from my second marriage...it was a success.