Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA
« Reply #1000 on: April 15, 2016, 01:08:49 PM »
was thinking more along the lines of rawle trying to skip college and go straight to the nba akin to Maker.

MCNPA

« Reply #1001 on: April 15, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »
Rawle had his chance to commit here while we were recruiting him.  He passed and chose 'Zona. Fine.  Whatever's going on with him, it's 'Zona's problem, not ours.  We've moved on; he should too.

We've  committed to the kids we have, and they've committed to us.  Good chance we sign Simon this weekend for added back court strength moving forward. With continued questions regarding his eligibility, we don't need the drama now should Rawle decide that the back court's become too crowded at Arizona. 

I know that Rawle's talented and would have loved an early commitment from him, ala Ponds, but the timing is very bad right now for going in a new direction.  Sounds a bit ridiculous to say it, I know, but I'd pass on him now.

+1

I echo this sentiment.  I'm all for getting the top NYC players, but I'll take the drama-free ones.  Good luck to him, but I'm happy with Ponds, Bashir, Freudenberg etc.

« Reply #1002 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
Rawle had his chance to commit here while we were recruiting him.  He passed and chose 'Zona. Fine.  Whatever's going on with him, it's 'Zona's problem, not ours.  We've moved on; he should too.

We've  committed to the kids we have, and they've committed to us.  Good chance we sign Simon this weekend for added back court strength moving forward. With continued questions regarding his eligibility, we don't need the drama now should Rawle decide that the back court's become too crowded at Arizona. 

I know that Rawle's talented and would have loved an early commitment from him, ala Ponds, but the timing is very bad right now for going in a new direction.  Sounds a bit ridiculous to say it, I know, but I'd pass on him now.

+1

I echo this sentiment.  I'm all for getting the top NYC players, but I'll take the drama-free ones.  Good luck to him, but I'm happy with Ponds, Bashir, Freudenberg etc.

Drama free lol

Poison

« Reply #1003 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
If he doesn't qualify, that's the day he commits to St.John's.

At least try to make some sense when you are trolling.

You're slow

QuanMan

« Reply #1004 on: June 22, 2018, 12:44:48 AM »
Instead of heading back to Tuscon and working on the deficiencies scouts told him to hone in on, a overconfident and misguided Rawle goes undrafted last night. What could've been a Fall filled with top25 expectation and hype is now diminished with doubt, uncertainty and unguaranteed contracts. Listen to the experts, stay in school, work towards your degree and refine your craft. Glad Shamorie isn't singing this song.
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #1005 on: June 22, 2018, 06:27:16 AM »
Instead of heading back to Tuscon and working on the deficiencies scouts told him to hone in on, a overconfident and misguided Rawle goes undrafted last night. What could've been a Fall filled with top25 expectation and hype is now diminished with doubt, uncertainty and unguaranteed contracts. Listen to the experts, stay in school, work towards your degree and refine your craft. Glad Shamorie isn't singing this song.

Good job going back two years to find this thread so you could post this pretentious rubbish.

QuanMan

« Reply #1006 on: June 22, 2018, 11:26:45 AM »

Good job going back two years to find this thread so you could post this pretentious rubbish.

Foad for future reference it's called a "search bar", it's located at the top right hand corner of the web page. That's where you can do "searches". Do you think that Rawle is satisfied with his decision this morning? I'm pretty sure Shamorie is happier improving his stock in Queens and not looking at apartment rentals in Grand Rapids, MI like Rawle is.
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #1007 on: June 22, 2018, 12:23:18 PM »

Foad for future reference it's called a "search bar", it's located at the top right hand corner of the web page. That's where you can do "searches". Do you think that Rawle is satisfied with his decision this morning? I'm pretty sure Shamorie is happier improving his stock in Queens and not looking at apartment rentals in Grand Rapids, MI like Rawle is.

I think you have no idea what "deficiencies scouts" may or may not have told RA to "hone in on." I don't think RA was "overconfident and misguided" - he was a projected 2nd round pick who was worked out by a dozen NBA teams. I suspect RA does not care about any alleged "expectation and hype" you might feel and I doubt he's "diminished with doubt" after signing a training camp deal with the Raptors today. I suspect he's excited and optimistic. "Listen to experts" is about the stupidest advice anyone could give or follow: most alleged experts are self proclaimed and nice persons. And "Stay on school" is complete twaddle: higher education is for most people a colossal waste of time and money.

Other than that you made some good points.   

« Reply #1008 on: June 22, 2018, 01:33:16 PM »
Foad you really are a sad/miserable person

Foad

« Reply #1009 on: June 22, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »
Foad you really are a sad/miserable person

What was your first clue?

wpc77

« Reply #1010 on: September 11, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
Suspect that reporters will be headed to CTK today:

"In a transcript of a conversation recorded by the FBI in June 2017, but not previously published in the media, former Arizona assistant basketball coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson told undercover agents he paid $40,000 to a “high school coach” to help ensure the academic eligibility of former Wildcats player Rawle Alkins."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-arizona-assistant-coach-allegedly-paid-40-k-to-high-school-coach-to-ensure-players-academic-eligibility-172419789.html

pmg911

« Reply #1011 on: September 16, 2019, 09:10:52 AM »
Suspect that reporters will be headed to CTK today:

"In a transcript of a conversation recorded by the FBI in June 2017, but not previously published in the media, former Arizona assistant basketball coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson told undercover agents he paid $40,000 to a “high school coach” to help ensure the academic eligibility of former Wildcats player Rawle Alkins."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-arizona-assistant-coach-allegedly-paid-40-k-to-high-school-coach-to-ensure-players-academic-eligibility-172419789.html

Did you read the entire article..?

He says that he didn't go through CTK to get what he needed. It clearly says he went through Bishop Ford, which is now closed.

Anyone who knows Bishop Ford is fully aware that there are only 2 people that could have assisted Book Richardson with what he got done....   LOL