Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S

• 772 replies

crgreen

Re: Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #700 on: October 03, 2011, 09:00:59 PM »
Jesus, Harkless is not a 4. Neither is Pointer.

And Randy Foye was?  How a out 6'6 Lazar Hayward of Marquette--a blatant sf. What a out 6'6 190 Polee and 6'7 218 Jb2 as our starting front court last year.  If we play 6'6 6'5/6'6 and 6'8 together for ten minutes a game while GG rests, it isn't the end of the world.  Both Greene and Harrison rebound exceptionally well for their positions which will be huge in a zone.
Still there is the factor of lack of depth my dear boy DEPTH!

Does anyone actually think they are not going to suffer injuries? We'll have at least 2 guys go down at the same time for long stretches. Lavin is going to have to find a way to get more bodies out there. And let me once again, reiterate my excitement for the high school basketball games that Amir Garrett played in this past weekend. Great news. Really great. Awesome actually.

Your sarcasm is uncanny.

Anyone else imagine Poisons negative posts if Amir showed up in December too rusty to be effective?   :)

Marillac

« Reply #701 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
Can we block poison temporarily ?  He is a good poster but he is making it look like our fan ass isn't behind these kids.  It is damaging to our chances to get them all back.  If u are a fan, poison, you will stop.

« Reply #702 on: October 03, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1273540

Amir at IS8.

Also Lavin was up at Bridgton today watching him and Darrick beofre making his way to Brewster to see JaKarr:

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/120993032299487233

@AdamZagoria
#stjbb coach Steve Lavin was at Bridgton Academy today watching commits Amir Garrett and Darrick Wood. They are headed to Brewster.
2 hours ago via web

« Reply #703 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1273540

Amir at IS8.

Also Lavin was up at Bridgton today watching him and Darrick beofre making his way to Brewster to see JaKarr:

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/120993032299487233

@AdamZagoria
#stjbb coach Steve Lavin was at Bridgton Academy today watching commits Amir Garrett and Darrick Wood. They are headed to Brewster.
2 hours ago via web

Can anyone shed some light on how the video was?
Also good to hear Lavin is on the move again. Im sure hell be visitin phelpes school in the near future.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TheVig

« Reply #704 on: October 04, 2011, 10:29:13 AM »
The video is less than 10 highlights so its hard to take much from it. The one thing that is clear to me is how good an athlete Amir  is. He gets off the floor extremely quickly and also can accelerate by his defender with ease. Imo he will be the best athlete on the team and great at playing passing lanes in the zone and press. He also knocks down a couple of jumpers in the video. One from the baseline while driving to his right and a baseline three. On the mid range, he was guarded closely and rose right above his defender to get his shot off which I like to see. The end of the video said that he averaged 18ppg for the weekend which is pretty impressive for that tiny gym at IS8 (still wondering how Kyle managed 61 or whatever he scored a lil while back). Wish I could be there but I'm working in Cali, will try and send Pops this coming weekend.

Poison

« Reply #705 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
Can we block poison temporarily ?  He is a good poster but he is making it look like our fan ass isn't behind these kids.  It is damaging to our chances to get them all back.  If u are a fan, poison, you will stop.

Don't be such a woman.

sju89tr

« Reply #706 on: October 11, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
Confirmed via twitter he is attending Midnight Madness

NYCoffey

« Reply #707 on: October 13, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
I saw this article on NERR about this years bridgton academy team and they have Amir down as playing this year. If he does play can he still come to St. Johns in December?

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2214/Prep-Profile-Bridgton-Academy.php

Sorry if the link doesn't work but I am one of the last 5 people using a blackberry.

NYCoffey

« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
I found this video from the Chosen league this summer that Amir and Norvel played in. Makes you even more excited to get them here in December. Amir has clips at the very beginning and towards the end. Norvel also has some pretty impressive clips towards the end. Rysheed Jordan also has some highlights at the beginning right after Amir.
Its a long video so here are the spots that they are showed.
Amir- :04, 3:58
Norvel- 6:44
Jordan- :27, 6:30

My apologies if this was already posted, but either way it's a good reminder of what we have coming hopefully in December, and if not next fall.

http://www.rockfest.tv/video/9G3LAcqJqYo/Chosen-League-Mixtape-presented-by-Dime-Magazine-ft-Rysheed-Jordan-Amir-Garrett-SICK-DUNKS.html

« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
I dont have time to view it right now but if it is the video I think it is, than it is actually jakarr and not norvel.

« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
I dont have time to view it right now but if it is the video I think it is, than it is actually jakarr and not norvel.

It's that particular video, and that is Sampson instead of Pelle.  The video was initially posted during the summer. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »
Sorry about that, I didn't realize it was the same video. Hopefully we can have all 3 here next year.

« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »
Jakarr does look good in the video

« Reply #713 on: October 23, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
just got back from the is8 finals in Jamiaca.. Amir had a bad game and got played by K Anderson all day.. D Wood really got some hops

Marillac

« Reply #714 on: October 23, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »
just got back from the is8 finals in Jamiaca.. Amir had a bad game and got played by K Anderson all day.. D Wood really got some hops

Can you expand on this please?  How did KA play him?  Thanks for the info.

« Reply #715 on: October 23, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
he was guarding KA up top and KA left him in the dust a couple of times with crossover moves .. given that no one can stay in front of KA on Amir's team.. Amir blocked him once as a help defender from the weak side

« Reply #716 on: October 23, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »
Thanks for the info jerpac. Any estimates on stats for either of our guys?

« Reply #717 on: October 23, 2011, 02:33:59 PM »
Amir probably had about 7-10 points.. low for his is8 standard.. he was named in the 1st team all tournament.. Wood had a couple of fastbreak dunks and a three

crgreen

« Reply #718 on: October 23, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »

Can you expand on this please?  How did KA play him?  Thanks for the info.

Kyle ended up with 21 pts, 12 rebs and 12 assists....

« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2011, 12:28:40 AM »
Amir probably had about 7-10 points.. low for his is8 standard.. he was named in the 1st team all tournament.. Wood had a couple of fastbreak dunks and a three
Wood played the rest of the game with a sprained ankle. He injured it on the first play of the game when he went for a rebound. He quickly asked to be subbed and had to re-adjust  his shoes. Those 2 break away dunks were on  bummed ankle.