Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S

• 772 replies

Moose

Re: Amir Garrett - SF - Findlay Prep - Las Vegas, NV - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #640 on: September 21, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
Baldi reveling in misfortune once again. Anything positive to say about the future of the program?

Amazing to see isn't it.  A moderator to boot.  Even throwing out possibility of violations.

What does a moderator have to do with anything I posted? Fact is St Johns has 8 players because of questionable recruits by the staff and you guys are looking the other way or sticking your heads in the sand. Im not going to kiss a kids ass because he's 6'7 and can throw a ball in a basket. Thats part of the problem

Sounds good Baldi!
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #641 on: September 21, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Amir can play.  Why wouldn't he be able to play? 

Don't believe you can.  Plus the quotes from their coach don't seem like he's part of the mix.

Whats stopping him from saying the hell with this and off to play baseball?

Pretty obviously he wants to play basketball.

Not to beat a dead horse, but maybe he should have thought of that earlier. Go to class, do the work and graduate, its not that hard

You should do a better job picking your words.  He graduated.  Just as the others did.  They just didn't meet the NCAA Clearinghouse standards.

Graduated from where? Taking what kind of dopey classes? Lesson learned trying to find an easy way out

You are aware that you can graduate from HS and still not be eligible to play NCAA sports.  Someone referenced someone who graduated somewhere and was accepted to Harvard but didn't pass Clearinghouse standards.

Was accepted to Harvard as a student? or to plya basketball?

Maybe he should have stayed at Leuzinger High instead of going to a basketball factory?

Funny you have all this to say when your beloved Gaels best player was also ineligible out of HS and bounced around before landing on North Ave.

Perfect example of lesson learned.

« Reply #642 on: September 21, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
et tu, brute.....gosh how does such one like him become a moderator

« Reply #643 on: September 21, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
I think some people get hung up on mod titles. Baldi monitors the "off topic" section. Moderators really don't do too much here, more just eyes and ears for me when I'm not around.

As for Baldi, I think he's off base with his opinions but that's exactly what it is...his opinion. Everyone is entitled to call him out for it and/or disagree. That's what forums are for
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #644 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »
I think some people get hung up on mod titles. Baldi monitors the "off topic" section. Moderators really don't do too much here, more just eyes and ears for me when I'm not around.

As for Baldi, I think he's off base with his opinions but that's exactly what it is...his opinion. Everyone is entitled to call him out for it and/or disagree. That's what forums are for

I've been subject to the 'moderator' argument in the past so excuse me if I feel the need to dish it some more.  Opinions are fine.  But facts and common sense are nicer.

« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
It's a shame that Baldi is basically the only thing wrong with JJ...He always stirs up shit when it's unnecessary and tries to incite St. John's fans...The fact that he's a moderator here, regardless of whatever he moderates, just makes JJ look bad...He's always knocking St. John's and there are plenty of prospective players and families reading his crap so he's indirectly hurting St. John's...And this is supposed to be a St. John's fan forum???  What a joke

Poison

« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
So Baldi is crazy because he suggested that SJ could be in some kind of trouble because 3 high school basketball players "studied" this summer at something called The Rise Academy, and despite receiving straight A's, none are eligible to play this fall.

Yea, it sucks, but how is Baldi wrong for thinking that this couldn't hurt us down the road? Is he wrong because he made you sad, or because he struck a chord?

« Reply #647 on: September 21, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
So Baldi is crazy because he suggested that SJ could be in some kind of trouble because 3 high school basketball players "studied" this summer at something called The Rise Academy, and despite receiving straight A's, none are eligible to play this fall.

Yea, it sucks, but how is Baldi wrong for thinking that this couldn't hurt us down the road? Is he wrong because he made you sad, or because he struck a chord?

Ya everytime reality hits some posters in the face, the usual comeback is "hes a moderator?" Or "Baldi is not a fan of St Johns"

« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »

Ya everytime reality hits some posters in the face, the usual comeback is "hes a moderator?" Or "Baldi is not a fan of St Johns"

Saying the hoops team will be placed on probation within a couple of seasons isn't a smack of reality, Baldi.  C'mon, dude! 

Normally, I have no issues with you, but many times your posts are of the pot stirring variety.  I, usually laugh it off or ignore it, altogether.  Dave claims he likes for people to discuss their beliefs, opinions and whatnot.  That's all fine and dandy....   Some posts can rub people the wrong way and then you anarchy. 

There is a difference between posting sarcasm and posting things when you know it's done with the intentions of stirring the pot, and in some cases, ticking off people.  Dave doesn't like back-and-forth rifts, but you're possibly opening up your forum to that kinda behavior when you allow for very, negative and hypothetical-like comments on a St. John's fan board.   

I've stated many times that most board members here are pretty, even keeled.  Baldi would be taken behind the woodshed on the blue-bood hoops teams (and, probably other boards, as well) fan boards.

Just my opinion.

« Reply #649 on: September 21, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »

There's absolutely no reality nor any 1+1=2 connection between three kids not making the grade and a school getting in trouble for possible violations.  That's just troll talk.  The balance is your opinion which isn't that far off base but that comment was inane and irresponsible. 

Wods317

« Reply #650 on: September 26, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
Garrett is doing everything to get back here in December and I saw he wrote on Moe's facebook today that he would be joining him in December. I wish the other two kids had the attitude that Garrett does.

« Reply #651 on: September 26, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
I just have a great feeling that Amir is going to be a super leader on this team over the next few years. I can see alot of lavor postell in him

ras

« Reply #652 on: September 26, 2011, 10:31:45 PM »
I have a lot of confidence in him ; I would like to see Pelle vocalize how he wants to come here like Garritt does, even if its for 2012.

« Reply #653 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »
Amir Garrett
New York for Is8 tomorrow, i want all my St. Johns fans to come support!!

Moose

« Reply #654 on: September 29, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Amir Garrett
New York for Is8 tomorrow, i want all my St. Johns fans to come support!!

Love this kid and his moxie.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:11:39 PM by Moose »

« Reply #655 on: September 29, 2011, 09:27:58 PM »
Dam now i wish he played for the mets, could use guys with heart. Go Amir light em up at is8!!!

MCNPA

« Reply #656 on: September 29, 2011, 09:31:21 PM »
Most important is Mr. Garrett qualifying for December start.  We need him this season.

Poison

« Reply #657 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
I'd like to see a tweet that reads "studying all weekend. Man I miss basketball, but I've learned that studying means focusing on my classes in my free time, and not playing any basketball until I'm qualified to play D1 ball"

Moose

« Reply #658 on: September 30, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »
I'd like to see a tweet that reads "studying all weekend. Man I miss basketball, but I've learned that studying means focusing on my classes in my free time, and not playing any basketball until I'm qualified to play D1 ball"

Keep beating the dead horse

Lock himself in his room and not leave till December, right?

You sure must know a lot about his studies.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:53:50 AM by Moose »

Marillac

« Reply #659 on: September 30, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »

Amir,

We don't all feel like this guy.  Kill it at IS8 and see you in December!!!  Love this kid.