« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 04:38:30 PM »
I am well a
Would like to see

Sheed, Branch
D'Lo
Cunningham (Jones ) or Greene, or Balamou
Thomas, Jones
Obekpa, DLR

The small forward spot determines how the lineup will be shuffled. Dom has to show a big improvement otherwise he'll be riding the pines.
I am well aware of Dom's deficiencies. But what makes Chrstian Jones and felix better? These 3 have practiced together for 3 years. I have to think Dom gets the better of them during practice. Thats why he plays and they don't. Felix and Christian are good athletes . Dom is an amazing athlete.
We have more of a need for a forward so I think Jones will get a chance. Why should and who should felix play over? 

"Why should and who should felix play over?"

Diallo   ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:39:25 PM by paultzman »

Re: 3 guard lineup
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »
I hope dom can rebound from this abysmal year and get a lot of time at the 3 and 4(occasionally).  I would love to see him (and I think it's possible) have a very efficient 10pt 5 reb, 3asst/st/bl, 2ko, year that really pushes this team into a decent ncaa seed.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »
I am well a
Would like to see

Sheed, Branch
D'Lo
Cunningham (Jones ) or Greene, or Balamou
Thomas, Jones
Obekpa, DLR

The small forward spot determines how the lineup will be shuffled. Dom has to show a big improvement otherwise he'll be riding the pines.
I am well aware of Dom's deficiencies. But what makes Chrstian Jones and felix better? These 3 have practiced together for 3 years. I have to think Dom gets the better of them during practice. Thats why he plays and they don't. Felix and Christian are good athletes . Dom is an amazing athlete.
We have more of a need for a forward so I think Jones will get a chance. Why should and who should felix play over? 

Dom is no better athlete than Felix. He got this whole year with no other small forwards on the active roster to prove his worth. Did he prove it?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »
I'd much rather bring in Cunningham,  Thomas etc and not have to worry about having no forwards.  I don't want to see us rely on all guards to win it for us. 

Exactly.  It screwed up UConn this year. 

Yeah, they have forwards like Daniels, Giffey etc that contributed plenty.

cjfish

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
Hey Guys, reading some weird stuff today on this subject.  Either some of you don't know hoop or you are smoking something besides tobacco.  Dlo aqnd Sheed taking 75% of the shots?  Even Goodirch and Hazzard didn't do that and thy were the best college backcourt ever. You don't win with 2 guys taking that many shots, you win with teamwork, ball movement, screens etc.  and good D.  Pointer may be OK if he controls himself, finishes great at times but hopefully he is taking 200 jumpers a day. Someone said he should stick to his strengths and mentioned screening.  What team have you been watching?  The next screen Pointer sets will be his first.  Lets see who shows up before getting too hot for a 3G offense.  We have 2 great guys and 2 who are OK but if someone can play the 3 adequately Id rather go traditional.  Cant overvalue rebounds.   

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
cjfish laying the lumber! 3 Gs are OK when you have 3 that are tremendous players and 3 of your top 5. Dlo and Sheed yes, Branch and Phil not so much. would prefer a more traditional line up with a sprinkling of 3 gs when appropriate.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 08:56:29 PM »
Even Goodirch and Hazzard didn't do that and thy were the best college backcourt ever.

A Crgreen message from beyond? Spooky. 

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 10:17:24 PM »
IMO, the best lineup for them going into next season is Branch, Harrison, and Jordan on the floor.  Ideally, Pointer wakes up and returns to his sophomore form.  But it's hard to predict anything with him considering how awful he was this past season.  The kid looked lost out on the court.

If he plays hard nosed defense and crashes the boards, he's the best fit for SF.