Obekpa and Jordan on Knicks

• 39 replies

desco80

Re: Obekpa and Jordan on Knicks
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 09:40:43 AM »
Id hope that they'd both be smart enough to stay in school. Maybe watch a little tape of Sampson sitting on his butt in the D League would help?
I obviously hope Chris sticks around another year for selfish reasons. That said, another summer of working with John Lucas' staff & others could really help him develop basic offensive moves. With hard work, professional training & another season at SJU, I think he will be better positioned for NBA draft & play. This probably won't happen, but this makes sense to me.

You don't think he would improve more with that kind of professional training full-time?    Chris seems bound for the d-league to me.   And that's the right level of competition for him. 

boo3

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
CO is so one-dimensional . Some team will take a shot, but I don't think he's near ready.  
Jordan - while he's shown flashes,  I haven't seen ,consistently , one NBA level skill.  Shooting, no.. Passing? At times.  Running point? No, not really.  Plus, he seems beyond immature.  
He , at this point, isn't even close.   Of course, all it takes these days a sick stretch of games, which RJ is certainly capable of.   I hope he does it. 

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 09:48:22 AM »
Id hope that they'd both be smart enough to stay in school. Maybe watch a little tape of Sampson sitting on his butt in the D League would help?
I obviously hope Chris sticks around another year for selfish reasons. That said, another summer of working with John Lucas' staff & others could really help him develop basic offensive moves. With hard work, professional training & another season at SJU, I think he will be better positioned for NBA draft & play. This probably won't happen, but this makes sense to me.
Sounds right to me. Problem with many of these borderline kids is they have a big game or two and think they're ready for the league. They don't understand that to make the league that productin is expected on a more frequent basis. Of course they'll get overpaid to be mediocre and that's the problem.
Agree. Too many of these kids are guided by ignorant folks with self serving agendas. 

DFF6

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
Agree. Too many of these kids are guided by ignorant folks with self serving agendas.

Speaking of which, I don't see Whitehead staying beyond his freshman year, and it would serve SHU right for capitulating to that handler of his.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:00:06 AM by DFF6 »

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 10:13:51 AM »
Speaking of which, I don't see Whitehead staying beyond his freshman year, and it would serve SHU right for capitulating to that handler of his.
If Whitehead told SJU he would come, but probably for just one year, would you have taken him? I would. Time to move on from "Tinygate".

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 10:14:47 AM »

You are aware that Sampson played 9 mins, 3 days ago for the 76ers. He doesn't play much but is still in the NBA.

DFF6

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »
If Whitehead told SJU he would come, but probably for just one year, would you have taken him? I would. Time to move on from "Tinygate".
Without the baggage of his entourage, in a heart beat.

desco80

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:58 AM »
Give me basketball baggage, aka the handlers that Whitehead Obekpa and others have, over true baggage like Thomas and Artis have, any day of the week.
Basketball handlers have been around forever.   I have no problem dealing with them if at the bottom of is a good kid with character, who will dedicate himself to the team's goals for as long as he's here.   (as brief as that may be). 

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »
Give me basketball baggage, aka the handlers that Whitehead Obekpa and others have, over true baggage like Thomas and Artis have, any day of the week. Basketball handlers have been around forever. I have no problem dealing with them if at the bottom of is a good kid with character, who will dedicate himself to the team's goals for as long as he's here. (as brief as that may be).
Whitehead, btw, has shown himself to be a very mature young man thus far. Notice he has been made available for interviews for example. Fill in the blanks.

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »

You are aware that Sampson played 9 mins, 3 days ago for the 76ers. He doesn't play much but is still in the NBA.
Hope he saves his money this year

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:53 AM »
Give me basketball baggage, aka the handlers that Whitehead Obekpa and others have, over true baggage like Thomas and Artis have, any day of the week. Basketball handlers have been around forever. I have no problem dealing with them if at the bottom of is a good kid with character, who will dedicate himself to the team's goals for as long as he's here. (as brief as that may be).
Whitehead, btw, has shown himself to be a very mature young man thus far. Notice he has been made available for interviews for example. Fill in the blanks.

Ouch

Poison

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 11:09:02 AM »
I read mock drafts where geno smith was a top 5 pick. Obekap is shooting 20 percent from the field in the season . As well as he played against syracuse he didn't dominate Christmas . And Christmas isn't an NBA player.
I don't agree. Christmas isn't a lottery pick, but that guy can rebound with anyone, and give him credit, we talk about Obekpa's improvement, but look at Christmas as a senior now. He's the only guy on that team who got better. Good for him. I hope Obekpa sees what a senior year can do a for a fringe prospect. No guarantees, but both of those guys need to get better. 

desco80

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »

What's the deal with that?    Does Jordan have a problem with public speaking?     Is the staff punishing him?
It seems like that policy has run it's course.  Let the kid have some fun and talk to the the few reporters who follow this team.  

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
He must have had a lot of PR prep on grassroots circuit. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
What's the deal with that? Does Jordan have a problem with public speaking? Is the staff punishing him? It seems like that policy has run it's course. Let the kid have some fun and talk to the the few reporters who follow this team.
It's more drama from coach drama queen.

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
What's the deal with that? Does Jordan have a problem with public speaking? Is the staff punishing him? It seems like that policy has run it's course. Let the kid have some fun and talk to the the few reporters who follow this team.
Hiding something.?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:15:05 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Inspector Baldi on the case!  ;D

boo3

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 01:47:55 PM »
"Hiding something"?   
Like what? Bad public speaker maybe? 
I don't think it's a big deal anyway. 

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 03:15:58 PM »

Is that you Zach Braziller?

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
For those anxious to hear Rysheed speak, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KbZptiwAWE

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:17:13 PM by redmen4life »