Bryce Aiken - PG - Pope John XXIII - Randolph, NJ - HARVARD

• 40 replies
Bryce Aiken - PG - Pope John XXIII - Randolph, NJ - HARVARD
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »
Attended the game on 1/27/13 vs. Seton Hall at MSG.

Also believe he is a SCAN AAU kid.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:19:31 PM by jumpinjohnny »

kob24

Re: Bryce Aiken - PG - Pope John XXIII - Randolph, NJ
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
Yes sir and unique mcclean. Google him

boo3

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »

Oh my....

6'2 8th Grader Unique Mclean JEM Classic MIxtape...Tough Guard with SERIOUS BOUNCE!!!

..Did he say 70 inch vertical at the end?

Aiken looks more 5"3"  in those videos.  He sees the game though.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
Oh lordie.
Where is he ticketed for HS?
Remember who broke the Slice news

kob24

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »
He is a freshman. He goes to school upstate

Happy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »

Oh my....

6'2 8th Grader Unique Mclean JEM Classic MIxtape...Tough Guard with SERIOUS BOUNCE!!!

His brother Julian isn't short.. If he grows to 6'1 he is going to be something special .

Moose

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »

Oh my....

His brother Julian isn't short.. If he grows to 6'1 he is going to be something special .

Showing 6'1 but we know how much its worth

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Unique-McLean-144327

Happy

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:08:33 PM »

Oh my....

Sorry I should have said that Julian is Bryce Aikens brother.  The upstate kid looks pretty good though.

Showing 6'1 but we know how much its worth

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Unique-McLean-144327

Chilleb

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »
The 2016 class is loaded beyond loaded in the city, that might actually be the class to bring NYC back , there's a plethora of public school talent, at least 15 division 1 probable guards in the psal alone then you got guys like devonte and Nehimiah Boone in catholic school. Then you got kids like unique who are form the 5 Boros who is out of state right now. Btw I attended a jv cardoza game tonight ( they have 3 top 100 kids on the jv team class of 2016) this kid ray salnave shows me new tricks every time I see him and I'm warming up to 6'5 Andrew whisenant 2016 #97 he's gonna be special .

Moose

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 07:10:04 AM »
The 2016 class is loaded beyond loaded in the city, that might actually be the class to bring NYC back , there's a plethora of public school talent, at least 15 division 1 probable guards in the psal alone then you got guys like devonte and Nehimiah Boone in catholic school. Then you got kids like unique who are form the 5 Boros who is out of state right now. Btw I attended a jv cardoza game tonight ( they have 3 top 100 kids on the jv team class of 2016) this kid ray salnave shows me new tricks every time I see him and I'm warming up to 6'5 Andrew whisenant 2016 #97 he's gonna be special .

But based on recent history is these kids aren't staying in NYC for HS

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 09:22:24 AM »

Any kid who has college aspirations would leave the PSAL for a prep school whether a basketball player or not, can't blame a kid and their family if they choose this route. It helps their future. It's just unfortunate because the fans of high school ball can't watch them play.

Chilleb

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »

Well there all here for now and it's fun to watch

Chilleb

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:29 AM »

Any kid who has college aspirations would leave the PSAL for a prep school whether a basketball player or not, can't blame a kid and their family if they choose this route. It helps their future. It's just unfortunate because the fans of high school ball can't watch them play.
Agreed, or as I said it could cause a resurgence in NYC , which is much needed

sju89tr

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »

I sure hope so, the public schools fail the kids though in every big city for the most part. It's sad. Would love to see the days where you have a city all star list similar to the 1980's whether in the PSAL or CHSAA.

We yearn for the days where every year almost 10 guys would go to high Div 1 from many different high schools 

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »

I sure hope so, the public schools fail the kids though in every big city for the most part. It's sad. Would love to see the days where you have a city all star list similar to the 1980's whether in the PSAL or CHSAA.

We yearn for the days where every year almost 10 guys would go to high Div 1 from many different high schools 

In defense of the public schools, I've had 3 kids graduate NYC high schools (all three at Cardozo).  The older two (girls) excelled academically.  One graduated G'town Law and the other is finishing her PhD at St. John's.  My son barely got by and is muddling through college.  Same school, same teachers, different results.  Their friends are on similar paths as they are.  The girls have very successful friends, while the boy has peers who are walking his same path.

The point is that you get from a public education only as much as you are willing to take.  Many kids enter with low expectations and work ethic and, in the end, come out with a terrible education.  Other kids, in the same school, will push themselves and achieve.  Too many kids, athlete or not, put in no effort.  There are many prob;lems with the school system in NYC, but that is not the only reason these kids are failing.

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »
“@SteveKellerNRR: Players of Game in 1st game of Prime Time were Fr Bryce Aiken of Pope John & Sr DeAndre Bembry of The Patrick School both with 27pts.”

“@SteveKellerNRR: Pope John's 5'7 Fr point gets 2 the rim & finishes like a young Shaheen Holloway/Is there a better 5'7 Fr floor general in the US/I doubt it”

kob24

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
Jermaine had 10

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
“@PopeJohnBball: Villanova assistant coach Baker Dunleavy will be on hand tonight  to watch Pope John freshman Bryce Aiken. #PJBball”

boo3

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »
 Auburn just offered this kid...

Moose