Re: Thon Maker - C - Carlisle HS - Australia
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2015, 06:45:30 PM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2015, 08:06:42 PM »
Dave- do we have any kind of shot here?

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 10:42:23 PM »
Slice went to visit Maker today.  I wonder if Slice convinced him to take an unofficial to Midnight Madness on Friday.   That'd be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:43:22 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Slice went to visit Maker today.  I wonder if Slice convinced him to take an unofficial to Midnight Madness on Friday.   That'd be interesting.

Heard he passed when he found out they were charging $35 a head

hnk

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
Thought that was Louisville.

wpc77

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »
Maker postponed his visit to ND that was set for this weekend, FYI.  Nd just got a commit from his h.s. teammate, Nikola Djogo (a wing player), today. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:59:55 AM by wpc77 »

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »
Maker postponed his visit to ND that was set for this weekend, FYI.  Nd just got a commit from his h.s. teammate, Nikola Djogo (a wing player), today. 

He can't take official visits 'til he takes the SAT or ACT.   So, that's why his visit to South Bend was postponed.

wpc77

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »

He can't take official visits 'til he takes the SAT or ACT.   So, that's why his visit to South Bend was postponed.

Got it.  Which is really odd.  Meaning that, there was chatter from his advisers earlier this year that he would reclassify to 2015.  How could that be possible if he hadn't taken the SAT or ACT yet?  Leads me to think that he's unlikely to ever play college ball, and his advisers are just leaving college open as an option while he looks to play overseas for a year or so, then join the NBA.

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
@AdamZagoria: St. John's is also working on setting up officials for 2016s @Iam_RawleAlkins and @ThonMaker14 , source says. No dates yet.

Moose

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »
@AdamZagoria: St. John's is also working on setting up officials for 2016s @Iam_RawleAlkins and @ThonMaker14 , source says. No dates yet.

How many officials does a kid get?
Is it 5?
Remember who broke the Slice news

wpc77

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2015, 07:24:38 PM »

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »
Maker just stated (on ESPNU), "Arizona State, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Notre Dame, and St. John's are recruiting him the hardest."  He purposely named the schools in alphabetical order.

He also said, "He'll most likely be on a college campus next season."

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »
Maker just stated (on ESPNU), "Arizona State, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Notre Dame, and St. John's are recruiting him the hardest."  He purposely named the schools in alphabetical order.

He also said, "He'll most likely be on a college campus next season."

Apparently he is visiting Kansas for their home opener tomorrow in Lawrence.

While appearing on national television, Maker, a five-star prospect, indicated that Kansas is one of the schools recruiting him the hardest. Just moments ago, Jayhawk Slant got word that Maker will be on hand for KU's season opener against Northern Colorado on Friday night.

https://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1825157

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
BR_ASUSunDevils
‏@BR_ASUSunDevils
[ESPN Video] Thon Maker waiting to make college commitment:
Center Thon Maker, with a scout grade ... http://es.pn/1HF7gds  #SunDevils

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »
Love Thon. He's such a great kid and very intelligent. He handles himself like a pro already and has really made a lot of strides in developing his game/body. I think there will be a lot of red tape with NCAA surrounding his academics though. I hope he clears because college game would benefit from having him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
Love Thon. He's such a great kid and very intelligent. He handles himself like a pro already and has really made a lot of strides in developing his game/body. I think there will be a lot of red tape with NCAA surrounding his academics though. I hope he clears because college game would benefit from having him.

Fits in perfect here then!
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
@EvanDaniels: Thon Maker set his first official for Arizona State + 3 recruiting him the hardest | Story: https://t.co/kAI3wKlmwM https://t.co/QW0gpNLj7d

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »
Looking to visit ASU end of January.

Said ASU, IU and ND recruiting him hardest.  Interesting since he just visited Kansas.

Marillac

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2015, 03:15:32 PM »
I am not a huge fan of Thon in the big scheme, but I would certainly be happy to have him at SJU.   Its seems like an odd recruit to have interest in SJU. I wonder what the connection is.  My only guess would be Mullin's relationship with Manute Bol, who was well regarded in Thon's native Sudan.