DeAndre Hunter, SF, Friends Central, Pa. - VIRGINIA

• 37 replies
Re: DeAndre Hunter, SF, Friends Central, Pa. - VIRGINIA
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 09:50:58 PM »
The offers are flowing in now for Hunter.

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »
I highly doubt we would take a commit from this kid at this point with the door still open on Heron, Alkins, Ahmed etc. Would we?

He is a 4 star recruit on ESPN and Rivals for what it is worth. That puts him borderline top 100, do we turn a guy down like that? Would be very tough to do for me.
Four stars puts you firmly in the top 100.

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 11:25:27 AM »
Visiting Virginia today after being at Villanova yesterday.  Probably, will shortly shoot up in the class rankings.

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
I highly doubt we would take a commit from this kid at this point with the door still open on Heron, Alkins, Ahmed etc. Would we?

Maybe it's time to take this back?

Wods317

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 04:59:45 PM »

He is a 4 star recruit on ESPN and Rivals for what it is worth. That puts him borderline top 100, do we turn a guy down like that? Would be very tough to do for me.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/186502/deandre-hunter
Nope lol. He's not in top 100 and neither is Lovett who is a four star on ESPN also

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/186502/deandre-hunter
Nope lol. He's not in top 100 and neither is Lovett who is a four star on ESPN also

Hunter will rise in the rankings.  I also like a composite of rankings.  LoVett is considered a top 100 recruit, per composite rankings.

Personally, Rivals and 247 Sports does a better job than ESPN.

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »
Rivals has been doing rankings the longest and is the one I generally look at as the most "reliable" if that is possible.

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »

Hunter will rise in the rankings.  I also like a composite of rankings.  LoVett is considered a top 100 recruit, per composite rankings.

247 didn't rank Lovett either but he ended up at 76 in the final RSCI rankings anyway.   

wpc77

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 09:40:12 PM »
ND just offered. Which means this kid 1) definitely has the grades to qualify and isn't a flake and 2) doesn't have his hands out. Good signs.   Hope we lock him in

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
Ellison is a more complete player.  I'd rather go in different directions:  Heron, Ahmed, and/or Freudenberg.

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 11:25:01 PM »

Not true. Just means the quality of player the scouts think the prospect is. This is generally thought of as a very top heavy and deep class.

Hunter played really well during Memorial Day weekend in front of ESPN, Rivals, and Scout and he didn't crack top 100. I personally think he is deserving and has the potential but they felt other guys were more deserving.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 11:29:12 PM »
Rivals has been doing rankings the longest and is the one I generally look at as the most "reliable" if that is possible.

Rivals has been doing it the longest and I think Eric Bossi is one of the best evaluators and one of the most unbiased guys out there. Not afraid to be out on an island on a guy.

I hope that Rivals gets more national guys. Scout and ESPN both have 4 national guys.

Jerry Meyer was one of the original guys at Rivals and is now at 247. He's another guy who I respect a great deal but they are in same boat as Rivals and don't have as many resources. I do enjoy going to that site to get the composite rankings and other info.

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »

247 didn't rank Lovett either but he ended up at 76 in the final RSCI rankings anyway.   

Had more to do with what class he was going to be in. Some of the reclass guys get removed from the rankings. You won't see Thon Maker in some rankings either even though he'd be a top 5 player.

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 03:56:23 PM »
That's true.  For example Maverick is only ranked by two sites in the class of 15 and it's easy to understand why.  But Lovett was class of 15 the entire year so I don't understand why that applies.  I'm not on top of all this, was he post grad originally 14?  Some site also wouldn't or don't rank post grad players which puts them at a disadvantage as well.

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Fast-rising four-star Philly wing DeAndre Hunter will cut his list to 7 or 8 shortly, his coach Kamal Yard says. #sjubb seems to be in mix.

Moose

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Fast-rising four-star Philly wing DeAndre Hunter will cut his list to 7 or 8 shortly, his coach Kamal Yard says. #sjubb seems to be in mix.

Familiar name..............
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
Didn't make his final 11:

The schools that remain under consideration by Hunter are Alabama, Arizona State, Connecticut, Maryland, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Saint Joseph’s, SMU, Villanova and Virginia.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/16/four-star-small-forward-deandre-hunter-focusing-on-11-schools/

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »
Didn't make his final 11:

The schools that remain under consideration by Hunter are Alabama, Arizona State, Connecticut, Maryland, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Saint Joseph’s, SMU, Villanova and Virginia.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/16/four-star-small-forward-deandre-hunter-focusing-on-11-schools/
Guess it's close but no cigar.  ???