Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies
Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #640 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:26 PM »
We will have several good ball handlers next season.  Ponds will command time because he can flat out score.  I can definitely see plenty of times next season where we might play three guards with the mix of Lovett, mussini, ponds, Ellison etc. 

No doubt. I really like the combination of speed and ability to create off the bounce next year.

Not to mention shooting. Could be our best group of backcourt shooters during my time, which would probably just mean beating out last years group. And that group was actually very effective shooting the 3. Exciting times
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #641 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
We will have several good ball handlers next season.  Ponds will command time because he can flat out score.  I can definitely see plenty of times next season where we might play three guards with the mix of Lovett, mussini, ponds, Ellison etc. 

No doubt. I really like the combination of speed and ability to create off the bounce next year.

Right now it's a little tough because Mussini is being asked to do too much without almost any help.  He will be going from famine to feast next year with two guys like Lovett and Ponds.  Those three can all really get into passing lanes, are all good and crafty handlers and passers and all must be guarded.  Ellison a different type of player but he has big upside and will come along with time.  This year will be really good for Mussini though, despite what our record will be at the end of the year.  He's already going through the grinder and doing a good job for a young kid.  Very excited about the possibilities moving forward.

MCNPA

« Reply #642 on: November 24, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »

Not to mention shooting. Could be our best group of backcourt shooters during my time, which would probably just mean beating out last years group. And that group was actually very effective shooting the 3. Exciting times

Add to that the entire group will likely be around the entire 4 seasons, it could mean a pretty good team over next few years..

paultzman

« Reply #644 on: December 06, 2015, 06:36:55 PM »
Andrew Slater tweet;

#sjubb PG commit Shamorie Ponds @ShamorieP won MVP at the @bigappleclassic in a 75-74 win. 29 points, 5 Rebs

Beat Cardinal Hayes

« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2015, 08:43:04 PM »
Andrew Slater tweet;

#sjubb PG commit Shamorie Ponds @ShamorieP won MVP at the @bigappleclassic in a 75-74 win. 29 points, 5 Rebs

Beat Cardinal Hayes

Very Nice !! 

paultzman

paultzman

« Reply #647 on: December 09, 2015, 07:54:45 AM »
4-star recruit Shamorie Ponds had a solid game, finishing with 22 points and handing out several assists to his teammates throughout the contest. Ponds played the role of the offensive catalyst for Jefferson, showcasing his ability to find his teammates for open looks. He didn't dominate the ball or take excessive shots during the game that you might expect a player of Ponds pedigree to take.

Ponds, who is signed to play for St. John's next season, struggled to shoot the ball from the perimeter, which is part of his repertoire. However, Ponds did make some outstanding plays during the game. The six-foot senior scored 8 points in the third quarter, including a nasty one handed tomahawk where he raised the ball high like the Statue of Liberty holding the torch and flushed it with his left hand. Ponds is left-handed so the dunk was natural for him, but it looked crazy and it sent a charge throughout an otherwise quiet crowd. - See more at: https://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1834940#sthash.Akn8if6z.5qzNtHje.dpuf

paultzman

« Reply #648 on: December 10, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »
44 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists in a win today.

« Reply #649 on: December 10, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »
44 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists in a win today.

that's it ??  ::)

paultzman

« Reply #650 on: December 11, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
Chris Mullin has entered the building watching Shamorie Ponds.

MSG tweet

Ponds had 15 points v talented Iona Prep squad at half time. Born scorer!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:21:12 PM by paultzman »

goredmen

« Reply #652 on: December 18, 2015, 10:49:16 PM »
Ponds in City Of Palms playing against the UCLA commits the Ball brothers

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  26m26 minutes ago
I've seen some high point totals in this gym. Austin Rivers near 50 game comes to mind. Shamorie Ponds has 29 a minute into 2nd.

paultzman

« Reply #653 on: December 19, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »
Shamorie Ponds finished with 40. He's a very good & crafty finisher, especially for a guy with his size & athleticism.
Evan Daniels tweet

paultzman

« Reply #654 on: December 19, 2015, 09:25:21 AM »
In arguably best HS Holiday tourney in country, Ponds shot 14/25 with 3/8 from deep & made 9/10 FTs

paultzman

« Reply #655 on: December 19, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
City of Palms Classic Tweet;

ICYMI, @StJohnsBBall commit @ShamorieP scored 40 points last night, marking the 21st 40+ permormance in #CityofPalmsClassic history

« Reply #658 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:38 PM »
Watched Shamorie play his final game at the City of Palms Classic.  Scored 31 with impressive mix of inside and outside scoring.  He made the all-tournament team and was one of ten players in the long history of the tournament to average over 30 points per game.  Only negative was his tendency to coast at times.  Also spoke with RJ Barrett about his father's time at St. John's -- nice kid.  Can't believe he's a 9th grader.

Poison

« Reply #659 on: December 24, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »
Watched Shamorie play his final game at the City of Palms Classic.  Scored 31 with impressive mix of inside and outside scoring.  He made the all-tournament team and was one of ten players in the long history of the tournament to average over 30 points per game.  Only negative was his tendency to coast at times.  Also spoke with RJ Barrett about his father's time at St. John's -- nice kid.  Can't believe he's a 9th grader.

His dad is a great guy. And he can relate to playing without a point guard. His senior year, Johnnies won 11 games including losses in the Lapchick tourney to Cal Irvine, Iona at MSG in the Holiday Festival, and worst of all, a terrible Miami team with the ugliest player in BE history. Constantine Popa. I was in attendance for that one.