Edrice Adebayo - F - Northside HS, NC - KENTUCKY

• 31 replies
Edrice Adebayo - F - Northside HS, NC - KENTUCKY
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
@VerbalCommits: 2016 Northside (NC) F Edrice Adebayo has received an offer from St. John's.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:04:51 PM by Moose »

paultzman

Re: Edrice Adebayo - F - Northside HS, NC
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
Iowa State recruiting him. Thanks Matt. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:34:44 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:48:05 PM »
Big, strong, and athletic, and dunks everything!  I had the chance to see him last summer at the Peach Jam.

SJUFAN

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »

This is what a true recruiter brings to a program. I don't know what Chiles has been doing all these years. This is a breath of fresh air to just finally see us involved with players. The way we were beginning to recruit had the stench of the Jarvis years.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »

This is what a true recruiter brings to a program. I don't know what Chiles has been doing all these years. This is a breath of fresh air to just finally see us involved with players. The way we were beginning to recruit had the stench of the Jarvis years.

From my perspective I dont think its fair to point out Chiles. He was seen plenty, the problem seemed to be he had little help.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:43:45 PM »

From my perspective I dont think its fair to point out Chiles. He was seen plenty, the problem seemed to be he had little help.

It's not just about being seen, its about showing interest in a kid and it did not appear that we were interested in anyone. Why were we not extending scholarship offers? We always waited for the final hour and target kids with academic problems. What type of strategy is that? He might have been taking the direction of the HC so it may not be fair to Chiles but he needs to take some of the heat as well, he was the lead recruiter.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »

It's not just about being seen, its about showing interest in a kid and it did not appear that we were interested in anyone. Why were we not extending scholarship offers? We always waited for the final hour and target kids with academic problems. What type of strategy is that? He might have been taking the direction of the HC so it may not be fair to Chiles but he needs to take some of the heat as well, he was the lead recruiter.

this isn't about Chiles.  i like Lavin, and was for him staying, but i got the sense that he became an "armchair" coach.  everything he did was from his sofa and didn't hustle.  if you are that type of leader, then everyone else follows. 

dave i think put it best.  Lavin is the type of guy that could get B's without trying.  but if he put in effort he could get A's.  we started to see that manifest last couple of years. 

Moose

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »

You can bring a horse to water.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:02:06 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 10:18:25 AM »

this isn't about Chiles.  i like Lavin, and was for him staying, but i got the sense that he became an "armchair" coach.  everything he did was from his sofa and didn't hustle.  if you are that type of leader, then everyone else follows. 

dave i think put it best.  Lavin is the type of guy that could get B's without trying.  but if he put in effort he could get A's.  we started to see that manifest last couple of years. 

I liked Lavin as well and certainly am not in a position to say whether he hot lazy or not...if he did pull back frm recruiting perhaps the cncer ordeal changed his priorities...not an excuse but possible reason

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »
Jeff BorzelloVerified account
‏@jeffborzello
Edrice Adebayo's combination of upper body strength and motor make him such a dominant force on the glass. Relentless.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
Eric Bossi @ebosshoops  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Bam Adebayo is a definite member of the #BMF wallet club. Greedy rebounder and violent dunker. #adidasuprising

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 12:04:31 PM »
@Coach_Rick57: NC Top 80 6'9 '16 Edrice Adebayo @breezyb_3 of Team Loaded NC had a monster game vs. Garner Road. Finished with 29 http://t.co/XtbskQpPbU

sju89tr

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 12:14:39 PM »
@Coach_Rick57: NC Top 80 6'9 '16 Edrice Adebayo @breezyb_3 of Team Loaded NC had a monster game vs. Garner Road. Finished with 29 http://t.co/XtbskQpPbU

Did we offer this kid?

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 12:46:27 PM »

Did we offer this kid?

Apparently, @VerbalCommits: 2016 Northside (NC) F Edrice Adebayo has received an offer from St. John's.

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
From Kentucky Rivals site:

Peartree has heard from Kentucky, although the Wildcats haven't officially offered.

"Kentucky is a school we have heard from," Peartree said. "They're starting to come in and heat things up."

St. John's, Louisville, Michigan State and N.C. State were other schools that Peartree mentioned.

And while they aren't focusing in on his recruitment just yet, Peartree said an up-and-down style like Kentucky's would be a great fit for Adebayo.

https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1767019

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »
Fran FraschillaVerified account
‏@franfraschilla
Love Bam Adebayo, a big man from Pinetown, NC. NBA guys impressed with size, athleticism, motor & agility. Rawle Atkins impressive scorer.

Fran FraschillaVerified account
‏@franfraschilla
Really impressed with his athleticism and high level of energy. Beast!  RT @TheRealBgod: @franfraschilla Will Look Good In Red! #Wolfpack
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:17:59 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
No chance Bam is coming to St. John's but he's a beast. He hurts the rim.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

I saw him last summer at the Peach Jam.

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 12:58:45 AM »

I saw him last summer at the Peach Jam.

And?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:59:18 AM by Celtics11 »