Kostas Antetokounmpo SF Milwaukee Wisc

• 164 replies

Moose

Re: Kostas Antetokounmpo SF Milwaukee Wisc
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
Is KA going to visit or is any of the transfer going to visit.

Don't want the staff to get lazy like Lavin staff other than Tony Childs

I haven't really heard who the staff is after lately

Do you think you are entitled to hear something?

Haha!  He's trolling the forum.   

And I'm sure you have your candidates of who is he.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »
Is KA going to visit or is any of the transfer going to visit.

Don't want the staff to get lazy like Lavin staff other than Tony Childs

I haven't really heard who the staff is after lately

Do you think you are entitled to hear something?

Haha!  He's trolling the forum.   

And I'm sure you have your candidates of who is he.

Not at all.  Rest assure, I'd say so, if I had an inkling.  I've noticed him doing similar--a handful of times--to Zagoria and Braziller in the past on Twitter.  Nevertheless, I sense he's "poking" for the fun of it, and intentionally "trolling" the forum.

Foad

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »
Sampson was a fantastic individual talent and we sucked with him.  Manhattan sucked with Jermaine Lawrence.  I don't like 6'8 + combo forwards thinking they are Kevin Durant before they are ready.  There are plenty of guys that end up developing from combo-type forwards into small forwards, but it's not an easy transition and it's tough in college with so many guards playing the three.

I'd rather have a smaller and less physically talented player with more skill like a Postell type. 

Lavor Postell was garbage his first two years at SJU. He was very good as as a junior and senior, when he averaged what Sampson did as a freshman.

Bite your tongue. If we had a player that could give us Lavor Postell's sophomore year, we'd have an all BE talent next year. He most certainly didn't suck as a sophomore. The improvement he made from his freshman year to his sophomore year is what this program should consider the gold standard.

Okay I made a mistake, alert the media. The larger point is that Sampson averaged

14.9 ppg / 6.6 rpg / .45 FG
12.8 ppg / 6.1 rpg / .50

Postell averaged

9.9 / 5.1 / .48
13.1 / 6.4 / .45
14.3 / 6.9 / .46

Sampson was as productive as a freshman and soph as than Postell was as a junior and senior and Postell played on just about the most talented SJ team since Lou coached. On Sampson's team the three guards shot under 40 percent from the floor and the two other forwards averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds between them. If Sampson was out for himself and auditioning for the NBA it's just a shame that he was the only one so motivated, the team might not have sucked as much as it did.

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »
One observation from Kostas' Nike Hoop Summit practice yesterday;

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Nike-Hoop-Summit-practice-observations-44682538

MCNPA

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »

Seems the same verdict... Gonna be good but is raw.  That is fine though, even if he doesn't want to redshirt.  Redshirt definitely sounds better, but for years Uconn landed these very raw big men and brought them along so as juniors and seniors they were much different players.  I wouldn't expect anything his first season anyway, but wouldn't hurt to have a kid with his height and athleticism coming off the bench.

Marillac

« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »
How does a 6'10 kid only average 10 and 6 as a senior in high school in Wisconsin? That is a red flag.

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »

Seems the same verdict... Gonna be good but is raw.  That is fine though, even if he doesn't want to redshirt.  Redshirt definitely sounds better, but for years Uconn landed these very raw big men and brought them along so as juniors and seniors they were much different players.  I wouldn't expect anything his first season anyway, but wouldn't hurt to have a kid with his height and athleticism coming off the bench.

I know they are different players as far as their skill set, but Yakwe was (to my knowledge) regarded as very raw coming here, and while he wasn't great early he improved quickly and I think was the best freshman on the team. Because of the bit of a logjam we have at the 3 and 4, I would rather have KA as a redshirt, but definitely wouldn't pass him up if he didn't want that.

Marillac

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »

I know they are different players as far as their skill set, but Yakwe was (to my knowledge) regarded as very raw coming here, and while he wasn't great early he improved quickly and I think was the best freshman on the team. Because of the bit of a logjam we have at the 3 and 4, I would rather have KA as a redshirt, but definitely wouldn't pass him up if he didn't want that.

Yakwe is a freak athlete with an absurd motor and willingness to play big.  KA looks like he's got an awful motor (admittedly limited footage) or is just not quick at all....or both. He's also half the athlete of Yakwe.  Unless he's willing to redshirt, what can he give us over Owens and Yakwe for the next three years? 

Honestly, I'd pass.  I'd rather have a 6'7 junkyard dog than another skinny project. 

paultzman

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »
Raising some eyebrows at Nike Hoop Summit practices;

https://basketballrecruiting.n.rivals.com/news/hoops-in-antetokounmpo-s-dna

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
How does a 6'10 kid only average 10 and 6 as a senior in high school in Wisconsin? That is a red flag.

How does a 6-10 guy weigh 188 pounds in the land of Beer, Brats and cheese curds?

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2016, 02:51:23 PM »

How does a 6-10 guy weigh 188 pounds in the land of Beer, Brats and cheese curds?

He's remained true to his Mediterranean diet.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2016, 07:19:43 PM »

Poorly researched article. It says there are three brothers and that Kostas is the youngest. There are five and Alex is the youngest.

I think most of his intrigue comes from being related to Gianis. I hate his quote about wanting to improve his handle and shot and playing 1-4. You're 6-10 and got six boards a game in Wisconsin!  You need to work on rebounding and scoring with your back to the basket.

paultzman

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »

Poorly researched article. It says there are three brothers and that Kostas is the youngest. There are five and Alex is the youngest.

I think most of his intrigue comes from being related to Gianis. I hate his quote about wanting to improve his handle and shot and playing 1-4. You're 6-10 and got six boards a game in Wisconsin!  You need to work on rebounding and scoring with your back to the basket.

Apparently Matt differs. I personally agree he is raw & needs a few years of work, but I'll go with Matt's prognosis since he has seen him up close & over the past two seasons.

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2016, 07:50:04 PM »

Non-Related: Love the subtle use of "In Wisconsin" in this post.

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »
ESPN2 3:00pm today, Nike Hoop Summit-- will be watching for KA

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »
We got to say another nickname for Kosta. KA = Kyle Anderson. 1 recruit I wish we landed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2016, 02:28:35 PM »
We got to say another nickname for Kosta. KA = Kyle Anderson. 1 recruit I wish we landed.

People only do that stuff because they are too lazy to type out names.  LOL    Just call him Kostas.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:28:51 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2016, 02:58:01 PM »
GF3 or Kostas should suffice

MCNPA

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
well world team might want to think about putting Kostas in... It can't hurt.  They're getting housed.

paultzman

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »
He needs several years of development, but worth the investment. From his limited time today thus far, he doesn't look like an interior player. That lines up with his self assessment. As MCN noted, this game is extremely one sided.

Btw, Terrance Ferguson looks awesome, shooter! Oh well.