Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »
True... But Stevens was brought in for this purpose..  That's why he got a 6 year deal...  They have like5 first round picks coming up..  They will be good pretty soon...  Sooner than the Knicks.

Kevin Love hates Clev and Lebron supposedy now hates him.
Melo, Love, Okafer and Dragic on next years Knicks

« Reply #661 on: January 28, 2015, 05:14:31 PM »
True... But Stevens was brought in for this purpose..  That's why he got a 6 year deal...  They have like5 first round picks coming up..  They will be good pretty soon...  Sooner than the Knicks.

Stevens is an upgrade?

boo3

« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »
Love and Melo on the same team....  I promise that team never wins anything... They play the same position... PF chucker.

desco80

« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
If the Johnnies are serious about this, they'll go hard after Smart or one of the other hot names out there.

Shaka Smart has a ridiculous contract and a top 25 team. Why would he want a demotion

to play devil's advocate, the same could be said about Billy Donovan

boo3

« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2015, 05:15:44 PM »

Stevens is an upgrade?

Huh?

« Reply #665 on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:36 PM »
If the Johnnies are serious about this, they'll go hard after Smart or one of the other hot names out there.

Shaka Smart has a ridiculous contract and a top 25 team. Why would he want a demotion

to play devil's advocate, the same could be said about Billy Donovan

Donovan's contract is through when?

« Reply #666 on: January 28, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »
Since you guys can't  put it together. St Johns can afford to pay this huge staff anymore, why is Keady  making 300,000? Either way, this Lavin experiment is over shortly

boo3

« Reply #667 on: January 28, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »
BD signed an extension last year... Locked up until 2019 at just under 4 mil per. 

Not Coming

desco80

« Reply #668 on: January 28, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
Since you guys can't  put it together. St Johns can afford to pay this huge staff anymore, why is Keady  making 300,000? Either way, this Lavin experiment is over shortly

If they can't afford to pay this staff, who is going to pay Billy Donovan or another bigname?   Donors?    That's a big check to pick up. 

goredmen

« Reply #670 on: January 28, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »

You keep saying shortly but you also say when his contract runs out after next year? Which one is it?

Poison

« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
BD signed an extension last year... Locked up until 2019 at just under 4 mil per. 

Not Coming

Exactly. I think Lavin is going to make the tournanent, and get his extension. I know this group has fallen since starting 11-1, but they are still in a good position to make the tournament. That doesn't mean I want Lavin here, but it's what I see happening.

It's the end of January, and the staff has been doing a pretty good job with the current roster. Now, they need to bring it all home and end well for once.

boo3

« Reply #672 on: January 28, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »

Put what together?   Your ridiculous predictions?  You are saying that Lavin is gone next year ( which you have said the last two seasons as well) ?     Great..  Going out on a limb again..  Like I said, one year you will be right and say "i told you so"....  Those paying attention realize its the old "blind squirrel" theory on a STJ message board.

« Reply #673 on: January 28, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »

Put what together?   Your ridiculous predictions?  You are saying that Lavin is gone next year ( which you have said the last two seasons as well) ?     Great..  Going out on a limb again..  Like I said, one year you will be right and say "i told you so"....  Those paying attention realize its the old "blind squirrel" theory on a STJ message board.

Exactly, boo! 

Here you go, Baldi....  You need 'em to clear you out (maximum strength, too)....

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:02:15 PM by mjdinkins »

Tha Kid

« Reply #674 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »

Stevens knew what he was getting into with Boston.  Just wait on Boston.

That said, I'd love Stevens to be Duke's next HC in 5+ years when Coach K retires and after Stevens has won a title with Boston and is ready to move on.  That said, almost definitely K will handpick a former player as successor.  So hopefully Stevens still wants the job when the first successor fails.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #675 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:48 PM »
Hey, a Lavin for Donovan swap is one of the few times I am rooting for a Baldi prediction to be true. But, it's not going to happen.

« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
I hope  I'm wrong and Lavin gets a 30 year extension. some fans deserve that
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:25:46 PM by Marco Baldi »

desco80

« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2015, 06:29:07 PM »
There is a large percentage of fans who understand Lavin took over a program in shambles, and had to start from scratch, and Rome was not built in a day. Respect has to be earned. We are relevant again, after ten plus years of failure. Just because the same few posters keep banging the fire Lavin drum does not mean that that is the consensus among the larger fan base.

Actually most of the fan base does think that.

At this time, a year ago, a majority of the board wanted Lavin fired.
Further, of 100 respondents, only 30 said they wanted Lavin as the coach next season.

Stop acting like the majority of fans want to keep Lavin forever and ever.  That's simply not true.  Many are just rooting for this likeable class of seniors, but in the back of their minds, aren't too fond of Lavin.
And for good reason.

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=8476.0

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=8466.msg185467#msg185467

paultzman

« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:02 PM »
When are you going back to work? :)

« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
When are you going back to work? :)

No more scoop from me. No one  even posts here anymore anyway. Mods post here?