SJU # 24 in AP poll. 

Foad

Re: Ranked !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
SJU # 24 in AP poll.
Wake me in February.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
Been a long time.  Glad to have a number in front of our name.  Nice step forward.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
@GaryParrishCBS: Working on the Poll Attacks now. By the time I’m done, you’ll understand why the coaches are silly to not include St. John’s this week.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »
This season has a potential to be fun and for us to grab some headlines with the pro teams sucking. 
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
Come on Fun. Lavin is still a mimbo and since WE ARE ST JOHN'S I am sure something bad will happen, but you have to be enjoying this start. First time since some point during Hardy year I am really looking forward to games again.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
Come on Fun. Lavin is still a mimbo and since WE ARE ST JOHN'S I am sure something bad will happen, but you have to be enjoying this start. First time since some point during Hardy year I am really looking forward to games again.

Trying to talk in third person?  Marillac knew you'd come around.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
Would someone be kind enough to tell Marillac if the # he sees before St. John's is real or not.  Marillac has seen a ranked team for weeks watching St. John's but has been berated post after post for being wrong.  Apparently these rose-colored lenses have not allowed Marillac to see what the rest of you are seeing. 

Foad

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:56 PM »
Sorry, but it's too early for me to worry about whatever catastrophe is looming on the college BB horizon. The Lions haven't even blown their playoff chances yet.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
Would someone be kind enough to tell Marillac if the # he sees before St. John's is real or not. Marillac has seen a ranked team for weeks watching St. John's but has been berated post after post for being wrong. Apparently these rose-colored lenses have not allowed Marillac to see what the rest of you are seeing.
Moose wants to know what happened to Marillac's self imposed exile?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
Would someone be kind enough to tell Marillac if the # he sees before St. John's is real or not. Marillac has seen a ranked team for weeks watching St. John's but has been berated post after post for being wrong. Apparently these rose-colored lenses have not allowed Marillac to see what the rest of you are seeing.
Fun predicted that Marillac's flounce was merely a cry for attention and would not last.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
It will be reinstated after a few more hidden jabs at #1 Otis. 

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »
At least you know how to take a sabbatical Moose. :)

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »
Damn it feels good to be ranked again, its been a while.

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 04:08:21 PM »
@GaryParrishCBS: Butler fans will love me after this week’s Poll Attacks. And St. John’s fans will love me even more. Let’s get it! http://t.co/0Cq8LuROVB

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
@GaryParrishCBS: Butler fans will love me after this week’s Poll Attacks. And St. John’s fans will love me even more. Let’s get it! http://t.co/0Cq8LuROVB
from the article:

St. John's is 6-1 with a home win over Minnesota, a road win over Syracuse and a lone loss on a neutral court to Gonzaga by a 73-66 margin. Gonzaga is ranked 10th at KenPom. Syracuse is 28th. Minnesota is 30th. So, according to KenPom, St. John's is 6-1 with two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10, and do you want to see the full list of teams that currently have at least two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10?
"Yes, Mr. Parrish, I do!" you just said to yourself.
Cool.
Because I have that list right here:
  • Kentucky
  • Duke
  • Louisville
  • Wisconsin
  • Arizona
  • Kansas
  • St. John's
That's the entire list.

Foad

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
from the article: St. John's is 6-1 with a home win over Minnesota, a road win over Syracuse and a lone loss on a neutral court to Gonzaga by a 73-66 margin. Gonzaga is ranked 10th at KenPom. Syracuse is 28th. Minnesota is 30th. So, according to KenPom, St. John's is 6-1 with two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10, and do you want to see the full list of teams that currently have at least two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10? "Yes, Mr. Parrish, I do!" you just said to yourself. Cool. Because I have that list right here:
  • Kentucky
  • Duke
  • Louisville
  • Wisconsin
  • Arizona
  • Kansas
  • St. John's
That's the entire list.
It's weird how MSG is both the reason recruits should come to Saint John's and a neutral court.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »
from the article:

St. John's is 6-1 with a home win over Minnesota, a road win over Syracuse and a lone loss on a neutral court to Gonzaga by a 73-66 margin. Gonzaga is ranked 10th at KenPom. Syracuse is 28th. Minnesota is 30th. So, according to KenPom, St. John's is 6-1 with two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10, and do you want to see the full list of teams that currently have at least two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10?
"Yes, Mr. Parrish, I do!" you just said to yourself.
Cool.
Because I have that list right here:
  • Kentucky
  • Duke
  • Louisville
  • Wisconsin
  • Arizona
  • Kansas
  • St. John's
That's the entire list.

Minnesota was a home win?

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:05 PM »
First of all those facts are incredible and I might have cried reading them.

Secondly the official SJU website had Minn/Gonzaga as neutral court until recently when they switched them to home court games. So who knows what they are categorized as.

Poison

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
from the article: St. John's is 6-1 with a home win over Minnesota, a road win over Syracuse and a lone loss on a neutral court to Gonzaga by a 73-66 margin. Gonzaga is ranked 10th at KenPom. Syracuse is 28th. Minnesota is 30th. So, according to KenPom, St. John's is 6-1 with two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10, and do you want to see the full list of teams that currently have at least two top-30 wins and zero losses outside of the top 10? "Yes, Mr. Parrish, I do!" you just said to yourself. Cool. Because I have that list right here:
  • Kentucky
  • Duke
  • Louisville
  • Wisconsin
  • Arizona
  • Kansas
  • St. John's
That's the entire list.
I don't think it's fair to consider the Garden to ever be a neutral court for us. Especially when the other team is traveling across the country to play us on our home court.