Georgetown Post Game Discussion

• 47 replies
Re: Georgetown Post Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
Happy fu**ing New Year!  That game was maddening.  I went through all my champagne trying to stomach the thing so I ended up toasting the ball drop with magic hat.

- We lost the game at the line.  I know there weren't many attempts - but when the game was being decided we started out 4 for 8 and they started out 7 for 7.  You shoot less than 50% FT's and you don't deserve to win a game.

- I thought it was going to be empty because the students are on vacation?  We would have drew a 3 figure attendance total for an 8 pm NY eve game.

- 2nd half stretch where we gave up about 5 consecutive dunks.  Costly.

- Evans heads down coast to coast drive to the basket for the charge. Incomprehensibly dumb.  Costly.

- Play of the game when Hilton went up about 15 ft. and tried to pull the John Starks on Monroe but JB1 corraled the rebound for the putback stuff which should have been a momentum swing.  Unfortunately, he put on a celebration routine instead of getting back and the rest of the team was so excited they didn't run down court either so Monroe got an easy layp.  Costly.

- Only 11 turnovers?  How did we lose?

- Did Evans punch a ref or something? 

#On the charge the defender was sliding under him and too far under the basket to get that call.
#Called him for traveling when Monroe was holding his leg.
#Had a clean steal at half-court and then was fouled by Gtown. They called a late foul on Evans.
#Got bumped driving to the hoop when he rolled one off the iron. No call.

Evans was great on the glass but I've seen better defensive efforts.  His rotation needs work.

- MalikII is still smoldering from the torching Wright put on him.

- JB1's best game since his freshman year

- We battled hard and didn't quit but did just enough to lose

- The Friar game is now a must win.  See ya there. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:50:08 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
I'm a little late on the discussion but I just got back from DC.  Overall, I thought we played inspired basketball but we left too many points on the floor. Here are a few observations.

-Brownlee has got to spread the ball more often, he usually looks to shoot right when he gets it or panics when he doesn't see an open man. 

-I loved the way Burrell played, hopefully he builds on this game. 

-Sean Evans has to stop dribbling. 

-The atmosphere at the Verizon Center was church-like.  About 1/3 full, no band, no cheerleaders, no mascot.

-Our starting 5 should be the lineup we were running with most of the second half with Hardy, Horne, Kennedy, Brownlee and Burrell. 

-Hardy impressed me at the point, he looks like hes really been working on it because he looks like a different player than the one handling the point vs. LIU. 

-Hopefully we can smack the Friars around.

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »
I wish I had DVR'd the game.  Damn.  Anyways, the Providence game now becomes an almost-MUST win.  We HAVE to win that game on Sunday.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 01:26:25 AM »
I wish I had DVR'd the game.  Damn.  Anyways, the Providence game now becomes an almost-MUST win.  We HAVE to win that game on Sunday.

You can still watch it on ESPN360
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 04:26:50 AM »

There is no almost about it.  Providence is a must win.  Cincy at home is a must win and they now must also beat a team like Uconn on the road or Nova at home.

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »

You can still watch it on ESPN360

I have comcast cable so this is the 1st year I can use ESPN 360.
It is great to rewatch the game.

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 01:49:01 AM »
Cincy at home is a must

That's a tuff must win.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 02:15:52 AM »
Cincy at home is a must

That's a tuff must win.

Then they shouldn't have lost two in a row to Cornell and G'town.  If they can't beat Cincy at home, they are not a tournament team.