The Perfect Coach for ST John's

• 186 replies

TONYD3

Re: The Perfect Coach for ST John's
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
One player shouldn’t determine this decision.

What makes you think anyone's making a decision?  Unless by decision you mean the fever dreams of the perpetually disgruntled.

Even if anyone were considering making a coaching change, and no one is, do you think the university can afford Slice's contract and Mullin's buy out and the cost of a new coach and the loss of revenue from big donors who are willing to support their childhood idol Chris Mullin but not the great Will Brown? I Don't. I think though they can absorb the loss of concession stand revenue from 11 people who won't renew their season tickets next year to protest this year's results.
Hey foady,
Figured you were going to concede or banish yourself. 8- almost 40

Concede what stupid, I've suffered through much worse than this. The fact that you're gloating after watching those poor kids lose the way they did yesterday comprises Olympic gold medal faaggottry. Maybe if you didn't post so much from the toilet less of your output would be shit posts. Just a thought.

<Take that auto censor>

Foad: I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Give it a try smart guy. Practice it. Seriously.

Then, repeat after me... I’m sorry Mr.Lavin. I never liked you. I had no right to insult you while you were recovering from cancer, and after your father died. I’m a POS. That’s my excuse. It’s not a good one, but it’s why I say what I do. Maybe you weren’t the perennial tournament coach you were at UCLA but you made us relevant again.

And you showed that having a passion for your job combined with understanding your strengths and weaknesses will lead to positive results.

Here's my take. Steve Lavin sucked at coaching and was mentally ill, suffering as he did from histrionic personalty disorder. I don't feel bad about anything I said about him because I have a life and am not a complete loser from Scarsadale. Also, suck my dick stupid.
8- almost 40

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
When is the next Johnny Jungle get together? 

Tomorrow night at the Blue Oyster. See ya there 7pm

Ha!  You can rest assure a few wouldn't show Al for varied reasons.

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »

What makes you think anyone's making a decision?  Unless by decision you mean the fever dreams of the perpetually disgruntled.

Even if anyone were considering making a coaching change, and no one is, do you think the university can afford Slice's contract and Mullin's buy out and the cost of a new coach and the loss of revenue from big donors who are willing to support their childhood idol Chris Mullin but not the great Will Brown? I Don't. I think though they can absorb the loss of concession stand revenue from 11 people who won't renew their season tickets next year to protest this year's results.
Hey foady,

Concede what stupid, I've suffered through much worse than this. The fact that you're gloating after watching those poor kids lose the way they did yesterday comprises Olympic gold medal faaggottry. Maybe if you didn't post so much from the toilet less of your output would be shit posts. Just a thought.

<Take that auto censor>

Then, repeat after me... I’m sorry Mr.Lavin. I never liked you. I had no right to insult you while you were recovering from cancer, and after your father died. I’m a POS. That’s my excuse. It’s not a good one, but it’s why I say what I do. Maybe you weren’t the perennial tournament coach you were at UCLA but you made us relevant again.

And you showed that having a passion for your job combined with understanding your strengths and weaknesses will lead to positive results.

Here's my take. Steve Lavin sucked at coaching and was mentally ill, suffering as he did from histrionic personalty disorder. I don't feel bad about anything I said about him because I have a life and am not a complete loser from Scarsadale. Also, suck my dick stupid.
8- almost 40

If they had forums back in caveman days you would fit right in.
Me Tony, don't like Mullin. Mullin Quit. Me Tony, don't like Mullin, Mullin quit.

Poison

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

Hey foady,

<Take that auto censor>

I'm confused. The thing you repeat every post is about how lazy this staff was in the summer by not bringing in a complete roster. That's actually a legitimate gripe. But yet in Steve Lavin's 5th and final season here he only had 6 playable guys on the roster yet you say he had a passion for his job.

That was a risk as well. Part of the reason he was canned was his inability to control his own program. Still, he made the tournament in his last season. That team was light in bodies but deep in experience. Until they met San Diego State, Lavin and his staff made it work. Like in 99-00 they didn’t have depth but they had seniors.

Maybe Lavin stopped working as hard once he saw that the University wasn’t going to give him a contract. He made plenty of mistakes, but I keep hearing that he can’t coach. If making the NCAA or NIT in 4/5 seasons isn’t enough to be considered able to coach. What does 0-3 in 3 seasons make you? When it was Norm Roberts, it made HIM incompetent. Not his staff. When it’s Chris Mullin, it’s the fault of his staff and we need to replace one or more people on the staff.

I take issue with the obvious double standard.

Foad

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Fun is the Omar Little of these boards.   Everybody else runs around fighting with pea shooters, he carries a shotgun.   And he makes too many dick comments to ignore

You come at the king, you best not miss.

TONYD3

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »
Fun is the Omar Little of these boards.   Everybody else runs around fighting with pea shooters, he carries a shotgun.   And he makes too many dick comments to ignore

Only on the internet. Big pus

Foad

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
Lavin sucks compared to Carnesecca. Mullin sucks compared to Lavin.

You say that like I care about Mullin. You're even stupider than you seem and believe me I gave you little credit to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:43:43 PM by Foad »

Foad

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »

Only on the internet. Big pus

Be fair, in real life I don't hang around with 8th grade teachers. Consider yourself fortunate.

Poison

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »

You say that like I care about Mullin. You're even stupider than you seem you for and believe me I gave you little credit to begin with.

Bullshit. Now you’re just lying. It’s pathetic.

Foad

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »

You say that like I care about Mullin. You're even stupider than you seem you for and believe me I gave you little credit to begin with.

Bullshit. Now you’re just lying. It’s pathetic.

No, I gave you enormously little credit. I'm surprised you can turn on your computer without breaking a bone.

Foad

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »

Yah, everyone's scared you're going to post pictures of their mailbox. 

« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »

Ya, no pics of the poop chute please

Foad

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

Ya, no pics of the poop chute please

Shut up. My anus is exquisite.

Pete88

« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »

Most likely to show up and go postal --- Foad  --- (he's got that Ted Kaczynski - Unabomber feel about him)
Most likely to show up and do a drive by --- Baldi --- (Yelling IONA is #1 bitches)
Most likely to show up with Mullin hand-in-hand --- We are SJU
Most likely to show up with his Boys and Girls Club coaching certificate --- TONYD3
Most likely to show up --- scratch that --- Most likely to pull no show --- Poison (not allowed to leave Scarsdale after dark)

Foad

« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »

Most likely to show up and go postal --- Foad  --- (he's got that Ted Kaczynski - Unabomber feel about him)
Most likely to show up and do a drive by --- Baldi --- (Yelling IONA is #1 bitches)
Most likely to show up with his Boys and Girls Club coaching certificate --- TONYD3
Most likely to show up --- scratch that --- Most likely to pull no show --- Poison (not allowed to leave Scarsdale after dark)

I'm the most likely to stay home, being very particular about with whom I drink. Which is why I usually drink alone.

« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »

Ha!  I'll admit that was sort of funny.  First time for everything, huh?

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2018, 08:31:47 PM »

I wish!

« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2018, 01:23:11 AM »

I'm the most likely to stay home, being very particular about with whom I drink. Which is why I usually drink alone.
If you were that particular you would drink without yourself.

TONYD3

« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »
The only way you bring this staff back for another year is if you think they can do well and compete. I can not see how anyone in their right mind believes that. Nothing they have done has warranted another year. The longer this experiment goes on. The more embarrassing it becomes.
Playing devils advocate here and keep in mind I'm one of the unhappy ones. BUT would you say last year was on ok year ? Not great year and not horrible year ?

So while not throwing out this year from our memory but if we have a chance of having fuller and potentially better and more experienced roster next year and let's assume chance Mullin learns from mistakes of this year and grows from it dont we at least give the homegrown Hall of fame player the chance to coach that 4th year with full team and see what happens after all we have been through as fans over the last 20 years ?

What IF next year everyone came back and it became that breakthrough year ( I'm not saying it will be but what if there was a chance ) and if we hit our stride next year and we have a home grown Hall of Fame player coaching our team

I'll take the chance on that 4th year instead of blowing everything up and starting over knowing we have well over 3 million a year already committed for 3 more years and pray he gets it right
What happens if everything turns out ok and we make the NIT? You can’t recuit as a lame duck coach? Do we extend this staff? Do they get raises?

« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »
The only way you bring this staff back for another year is if you think they can do well and compete. I can not see how anyone in their right mind believes that. Nothing they have done has warranted another year. The longer this experiment goes on. The more embarrassing it becomes.
Playing devils advocate here and keep in mind I'm one of the unhappy ones. BUT would you say last year was on ok year ? Not great year and not horrible year ?

So while not throwing out this year from our memory but if we have a chance of having fuller and potentially better and more experienced roster next year and let's assume chance Mullin learns from mistakes of this year and grows from it dont we at least give the homegrown Hall of fame player the chance to coach that 4th year with full team and see what happens after all we have been through as fans over the last 20 years ?

What IF next year everyone came back and it became that breakthrough year ( I'm not saying it will be but what if there was a chance ) and if we hit our stride next year and we have a home grown Hall of Fame player coaching our team

I'll take the chance on that 4th year instead of blowing everything up and starting over knowing we have well over 3 million a year already committed for 3 more years and pray he gets it right
What happens if everything turns out ok and we make the NIT? You can’t recuit as a lame duck coach? Do we extend this staff? Do they get raises?
You wanted progression. NIT is progression, so I would say if Mullin wants it yes he gets an extension off NIT.