paultzman

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »
@AdamZagoria: 2017 St. Ray's G Isaiah Washington will also be at St. John's MM

Gracias Desco!!!

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »
@GregLogan1: Note size on back row for #SJUBB, including 6-8 Keith Thomas (24), 6-9 Amat Alibegovic (14) & 7-0 Adonis Delarosa 31. http://t.co/MR4FYkXYsC

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Lavin: "Chris Obekpa has had the best offseason of development of any player I can recall in my coaching career." #sjubb

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Lavin: "Chris Obekpa has had the best offseason of development of any player I can recall in my coaching career." #sjubb

its that time again :)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »
Delarosa is a 7 footer?

Foad

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 06:15:47 PM »

Hashtag head inury

sju89tr

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »

Seems that way LOL

desco80

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
Updated..
Recruits attending Midnight Madness aka Tip-Off:

2015:
Chiek Diallo, F-C, OSNA
Brandon Sampson, G, Louisiana
Isaiah Briscoe, PG, Roselle Catholic, NJ
Luis Montero, F, WCC-JUCO

2016:
David Cole, F, Christ the King
Kassoum Yakwe, PF, OSNA
Deandre Hunter, F, Philadelphia
Chuba Ohams, Wadleigh HS

2017:
Chauncey Sterling, G, St. Anthonys
Sid Wilson, G-F, St. Raymonds
David Beatty, G, Philadelphia
Nick Richards, F-C, St. Marys (LI)
Isaiah Washington, G, St. Raymonds

2018:
Nkosi Cooper, G, LuHi

I'll try to keep this updated as you guys post more information.   
Feel free to post any corrections or additions

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »
@DalyDoseOfHoops: Steve Lavin on Rysheed Jordan: "The media still won't have access to him...I want him strictly focused on academics." #sjubb
@
DalyDoseOfHoops: Steve Lavin on Rysheed Jordan's media availability: "I would say in all probability, maybe early December if we've seen enough improvement."

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:21:46 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
@DalyDoseOfHoops: Steve Lavin on Rysheed Jordan: "The media still won't have access to him...I want him strictly focused on academics." #sjubb
@
DalyDoseOfHoops: Steve Lavin on Rysheed Jordan's media availability: "I would say in all probability, maybe early December if we've seen enough improvement."

It's not fall until we a sign telling us that the sky is falling.

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »
@

Lavin is as tough as nails on these kids.  I can tell you many parents like this.  It is why parents sent kids to Indiana during the Knight years.  Obviously he was a great coach but they knew they never had to worry about their son slacking off and the coach looking the other way.  They were going to class and they were going to behave themselves or else.  Period.

Poison

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
@

Lavin is as tough as nails on these kids.  I can tell you many parents like this.  It is why parents sent kids to Indiana during the Knight years.  Obviously he was a great coach but they knew they never had to worry about their son slacking off and the coach looking the other way.  They were going to class and they were going to behave themselves or else.  Period.

Yes, we know. It's Lavin's program.

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
@Insiders13: St. Rays is in the building!! And they look like they're enjoying themselves http://t.co/gUk7xZrDZl

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »
Great job with updates!  Definitely appreciated.

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 09:06:35 PM »
Great job with updates!  Definitely appreciated.

Thanks

Foad

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »
@

Exactly. That's why Norvel Pelle's parents wanted him at Saint John's: because of the rigorous academics. Period.And Steve Lavin = Bobby Knight. Exclamation Point.

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2014, 09:13:20 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
@

Exactly. That's why Norvel Pelle's parents wanted him at Saint John's: because of the rigorous academics. Period.And Steve Lavin = Bobby Knight. Exclamation Point.

Precisely except he didn't make it. 

But try again.  They are going to fire Lavin and hire back Norm and then you can become a SJU fan again and make fun of people who activey trash the program as so called "fans" kind of like what you have become now.