• 128 replies
Re: Diallo or Sampson or Both?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
PF-Williams, Diallo, Amar
C-Obekpa, Sima

Do you know something about Tarrant?  He seems big on southern schools...

Heard we were in good shape, nothing more. Just speculating
his bro Kevin went to Texas, right? :)

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima
Any chance Myles Stewart sticks around?  I really liked him and was surprised he didn't see more minutes this year.

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2015, 10:05:07 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima
Any chance Myles Stewart sticks around?  I really liked him and was surprised he didn't see more minutes this year.

I think he's in over his head. If he's getting minutes, going to be a long year imo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:05:27 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »
Sampson still projected for SJ's as of today .... bustingbrackets.com

Dan

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
You take Diallo...everyone just assuming Sampson is a 3-4 year player, you don't know that.

You take the McDonald's All American...they need to start getting those type of players more often an establish it as a trend

Mike

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

You are not putting Diallo as a backup are you? I can't see that happening if he came here.

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2015, 11:06:41 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

I think he's in over his head. If he's getting minutes, going to be a long year imo

LOL.  So true.

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 11:19:44 PM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

You are not putting Diallo as a backup are you? I can't see that happening if he came here.

Just position

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 12:03:18 AM »
On a related note, 5 star c Stephen Zimmerman just committed to unlv.  Uk was thought to be in the running.  Although we've been hearing a lot of Kansas vs sju for diallo I think cal might start getting antsy and a desperate cal is a dangerous cal haha.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

He'll be a freshman. Let him come off the bench and earn a starting position. He plays like an all american, then he'll start.

goredmen

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 06:29:09 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

He'll be a freshman. Let him come off the bench and earn a starting position. He plays like an all american, then he'll start.

Tell him he won't start right away and then enjoy watching him in blue in the middle of Kansas or Kentucky

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 06:31:58 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

Tell him he won't start right away and then enjoy watching him in blue in the middle of Kansas or Kentucky
Cal or Self don't guarantee anything. It's a given he will play major minutes anywhere someway, somehow.

Poison

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

The coach is in charge. Not the child. No reason to tell him anything of the sort.

goredmen

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2015, 08:42:12 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

The coach is in charge. Not the child. No reason to tell him anything of the sort.

That's fine. but if you do that he won't come here over Kansas or Kentucky. You would just have to realize and accept that

Wods317

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2015, 08:47:25 AM »
Mullin isn't going to tell him he isn't starting, that's ridiculous. He may not tell him he will start either but there's no way he won't start in he comes here. He will be the highest rated recruit we have had in a long time and a New York kid. He may not guarantee him a starting spot but he will definitely not tell him he won't be starting, that would be make no sense. Anywhere this guy goes he will start.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:48:34 AM by Wods317 »

Johnny23

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:34 AM »
To think that you don't need to stroke these kids egos is being naive at best. That's the state of the game today. SJU is not Kentucky, nor is it Kansas. We all want it to be but we're not anywhere near their level yet. Giving a star recruit the hope of big minutes is all part of the process. Of course he's got to earn those minutes. But you better believe that the coaches are selling him on those big minutes also.

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »
To think that you don't need to stroke these kids egos is being naive at best. That's the state of the game today. SJU is not Kentucky, nor is it Kansas. We all want it to be but we're not anywhere near their level yet. Giving a star recruit the hope of big minutes is all part of the process. Of course he's got to earn those minutes. But you better believe that the coaches are selling him on those big minutes also.

Am curious has anyone here actually created someone or is this pure speculation as to what a coach should say?

Tha Kid

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 08:59:46 AM »
PG-Tarrant, Doughty
SG-Sampson, Felix
G-Jordan
C-Obekpa, Sima

So sophomore and juco transfer Darien williams should automatically start over freshman and mcd aa MVP in year one...just because diallos younger?

Mullin should hire you.  I am sure w your strategies you'd have a pipeline of mcd aas dying to come here knowing they'll be completely nh off the bench...
"I drink and I know things"

desco80

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »

Am curious has anyone here actually created someone or is this pure speculation as to what a coach should say?

Now when you say "create" do you mean old testament, Genesis, creating mankind?  Or do you mean creating like with Mr potato head?
Because I tried to make a team of basketball players once out of play - dough, but the dog ate them. 

hnk

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2015, 09:50:21 AM »
My usual talkative sources on Diallo are silent......wondering how meeting went?