MSG

• 36 replies
Re: MSG
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
Will also be there in red with my daughter for a change.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:37 PM »
The Fordham crowd will be weaker than normal. Their football team is playing a 2nd round playoff game at the same time Saturday at Towson in Baltimore and they are having student bus trips down there and I'm sure many alums will be making the trip too or deciding to stay home and watch both games on TV. Ironically, I will also be going to the Fordham football game and this will be the first Holiday Festival I've missed in 10 years.

Wow good call.
Someone please be sure to report back on the F U cheer.  It's a lock

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »

QC, you failed as a father (just kidding of course).  My daughter is at every game with me.  :) 

Unfortunately, my son would rather watch the NBA garbage that passes for basketball.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
I'll be there!

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »

QC, you failed as a father (just kidding of course).  My daughter is at every game with me.  :) 

Unfortunately, my son would rather watch the NBA garbage that passes for basketball.

Sometimes what looks like a failure turns out to be a success. My daughter went to UCONN but stunned her classmates at Gampel Pavilion by rooting for St. John's.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »

Sometimes what looks like a failure turns out to be a success. My daughter went to UCONN but stunned her classmates at Gampel Pavilion by rooting for St. John's.

Excellent.  I hope she got a chance to see at least one SJU victory up in Storrs.

desco80

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
Has anybody ever lost their tickets and gotten the MSG box office to print new ones?      I somehow misplaced my tickets for Saturday.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:00:19 AM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 09:56:32 AM »
Has anybody ever lost their tickets and gotten the MSG box office to print new ones?      I somehow missed place my tickets for Saturday.

I'd check with SJU ticket office first.  I sadly see MSG employees playing dumb.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
Has anybody ever lost their tickets and gotten the MSG box office to print new ones?      I somehow misplaced my tickets for Saturday.

I believe for games at MSG, MSG needs to reprint and there is a $10 charge for that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
We need a statement win at the garden. Fordham is no walk in the park. Sever needs to be shut down. We should bully them at the garden with our crowd size and talent. Lets get loud Saturday. See you boys there

They are no walk in the park, true, but who is if you don't come out ready to play? It's time for our guys to man up. Literally and figuratively. This is our court, and if we come out and establish the press early it will demoralize them. If we start out in a zone and stay there, I they could and probably would hang around.

I'm thrilled that we only have one more game at Barclays. That place is a real shit hole.

Saw Pearl Jam twice there last month. Place is a dump for sure, felt like I was in a college gym

I agree. How was Pearl Jam? At least w MSG, you can get inside for next to nothing. Barclays is going to going to have no one at their SJU Columbia game. They fully deserve it.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 11:10:15 AM »

I believe for games at MSG, MSG needs to reprint and there is a $10 charge for that.

Start with calling SJU, then call MSG. I did that once, and mine were replaced for no charge. Show up early if you're going to fix this day of game.

Moose

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 11:13:42 AM »
We need a statement win at the garden. Fordham is no walk in the park. Sever needs to be shut down. We should bully them at the garden with our crowd size and talent. Lets get loud Saturday. See you boys there

They are no walk in the park, true, but who is if you don't come out ready to play? It's time for our guys to man up. Literally and figuratively. This is our court, and if we come out and establish the press early it will demoralize them. If we start out in a zone and stay there, I they could and probably would hang around.

I'm thrilled that we only have one more game at Barclays. That place is a real shit hole.

Saw Pearl Jam twice there last month. Place is a dump for sure, felt like I was in a college gym

I agree. How was Pearl Jam? At least w MSG, you can get inside for next to nothing. Barclays is going to going to have no one at their SJU Columbia game. They fully deserve it.

Its a triple header that day so 6 teams to 'try' to pack bottom level I would guess..  VCU is the last game and they played there in the A10 tourney last year.  They play BC who has NY area alums. 

Poison

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »

Its a triple header that day so 6 teams to 'try' to pack bottom level I would guess..  VCU is the last game and they played there in the A10 tourney last year.  They play BC who has NY area alums. 

I hear ya. Personally, I would rather not go, than go there. 

Moose

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »

Yeah my experience this year was definitely worse than last year.  So long as Columbia game is on TV I might bag out.

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
I too went to Pearl Jam and the Penn State game and didn't think the place was bad.  I agree that their lowest priced tickets to these collegiate events are too high, all but insuring an empty arena.  Don't see a reason why they should price them higher than the garden.

I think someone there is a JJ reader and heard my complaints as I was pleased that they lowered the price of a beer from $12 at the concert to $10 at the basketball game.  Unless they utilize a policy of selective price gouging.

Perhaps they'll read this and drop the ticket prices.

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 01:21:43 AM »

Yeah my experience this year was definitely worse than last year.  So long as Columbia game is on TV I might bag out.
Haven't heard the phrase "bag out" in a long time. Will you be filling out your AARP application in the near future and joining us geriatrics soon Moose?   ;) :) :) :)

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
Was actually at this great Holiday Festival. Bill Bradley and Princeton almost knocked off Cazzie Russell led Michigan  in opening round. Great memories! That's McIntyre brothers hoisting Joe Lapchick, with Kevin Cluess' brother Hank in foreground as well, about to pop out of those shorts.

@StJohnsBBall: RT @MSGSportsNYC: #Garden366 (Presented by @SAP) JAN 2, 1965: Unr #SJUBB shocks #1 Michigan 75-74 to win Holiday Fest http://t.co/XwQPbbRYxk
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:51:56 PM by paultzman »