Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

ras

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
I feel so disappointing going from three top twenty recruits to settle for someone from Arkansas state are they even a division one school

A lot of nice players in the 17 class. 5th year Sr., will help next year and help balance scholis. But I don't think staff should settle. Like I said, there will be some nice transfer students out there although the they will have to sit a yea.

« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2016, 07:41:17 PM »
Would have been nice to get Rawle ..a lot of concerns eligibility wise it seems like...I am all for the grad transfers to help balence scholies ...I am sure it means nothing but ponds did just post a picture on Instagram tagging Rawle in it.

TONYD3

« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:01 PM »
Never seen him play. But he is 6'8 and scores and rebounds. Sounds good to me. Not saying I don't want Rawle but 1 year of this guy may be better for the team.

Poison

« Reply #843 on: March 07, 2016, 08:00:37 PM »
Never seen him play. But he is 6'8 and scores and rebounds. Sounds good to me. Not saying I don't want Rawle but 1 year of this guy may be better for the team.

7.1 points per game in a low level conference? He sounds like Ron M'vouika. This seems like a terrible idea, and a really good example of not learning your lesson. Alkins is the kind of player Mullin was brought in to keep. There is no way to paint a pretty picture here. He either comes, or the staff struck out.

goredmen

« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2016, 08:02:15 PM »

7.1 points per game in a low level conference? He sounds like Ron M'vouika. This seems like a terrible idea, and a really good example of not learning your lesson. Alkins is the kind of player Mullin was brought in to keep. There is no way to paint a pretty picture here. He either comes, or the staff struck out.

I think you are looking at the wrong player

TONYD3

« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »
Yeah he averaged 15 and 9.
2 games ago he had 22 rebounds. Sign me up. I will buy his jersey now
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:08:56 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2016, 08:30:52 PM »
His FT stats were impressive in 2015

122 of 142  : 85.9%   

goredmen

« Reply #847 on: March 07, 2016, 08:37:22 PM »

And that 22 rebound game was against one of the 50 best teams in the country

« Reply #848 on: March 07, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
I hate to lose Rawle too.  But are we really complaining about the recruiting?  The staff took over a horrible situation and already have a top 20 class.  If that ain't good enough for you at this point, you need to seriously realign your expectations.

So we don't have any chance with Alkins, ,Maker or Fergunson

They are going to settle for a grad student transfer what happened to Fergunson

Do you think they should sticks to recruits 50-100 because they can not close out the deal on top 25 guys

Even the new staff couldn't close the deal with Herron, Rowan , Alkins, Maker and Fergunson

How about we win a few games before expecting potential lottery picks to commit.  I am perfectly comfortable with the incoming crop consisting of Lovett (4*), Ponds (4*), Ahmed (4*), Freudenberg (4*), Owens (3-4*), and a transfer.

Exactly

« Reply #849 on: March 07, 2016, 08:56:49 PM »
Hate to disagree with you PR on a night like this, but the time to recruit is now.  When you have a new staff, their is a recruiting  window with all of the excitement and promise.  But it closes in a couple of years if you don't show significant progress early.  Unless you cheat like Willard.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:00:33 PM by WillieG »

TONYD3

« Reply #850 on: March 07, 2016, 09:02:48 PM »

No. But he has to be better then Amar. Lamont Middleton came from Hartford. I would take him again

goredmen

« Reply #851 on: March 07, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »

No. But he has to be better then Amar. Lamont Middleton came from Hartford. I would take him again

Im confused. I supported your statement by saying that his 22 rebound performance didn't come against the little sisters of the poor

« Reply #852 on: March 07, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »
Well, with the talent level coming in, we will be better next year, and I'm confident that we'll land a very good class in 2017, making our team even stronger.  So I'm not worried about being bad for 4 years, which is what Seton Hall was before Willard brought in Whitehead & Co. in year 5.  We already have a far better class coming in NEXT year than Willard had in his first 4.

Hate to disagree with you PR on a night like this, but the time to recruit is now.  When you have a new staff, their is a recruiting  window with all of the excitement and promise.  But it closes in a couple of years if you don't show significant progress early.  Unless you cheat like Willard.

MCNPA

« Reply #853 on: March 07, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »

There hasn't been much excitement and promise this season so there's none of that to parlay.  The staff has done a great job recruiting.  Unfortunately that one NYC like Rawle or Briscoe or whomever always because some sort of false negative harbinger.   The truth couldn't be further from that.  We have the best recruiting class in the big east already.  Every school misses on recruits every year. Even The blue bloods.  Most thought Rawle would never come anyway, but I'm still happy the staff tried.  But people need to have some patience and perspective when it comes to this type stuff, especially with a brand new staff in their first year.

« Reply #854 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:46 PM »
St. John's got the best player in New York. The 2nd best player never wanted to come here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #855 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »

Im confused. I supported your statement by saying that his 22 rebound performance didn't come against the little sisters of the poor
Sorry I assumed it was against a bad team. I only checked him out quick

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #856 on: March 07, 2016, 09:16:29 PM »
St. John's got the best player in New York. The 2nd best player never wanted to come here.

You're saying Ponds is better than Rawle?

Moose

« Reply #857 on: March 07, 2016, 09:24:11 PM »
Wonder what happens to Abdul Dial
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »

You're saying Ponds is better than Rawle?

Yes better scorer and more impactful player. Better suited for this team too.

Rawle is a very good player but I think this team is better off without him.

« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2016, 09:25:28 PM »
Wonder what happens to Abdul Dial

Probably gonna start for Louisville next year.