Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies

Marillac

Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
-Great Job by the school to open it up to the public.
-The really big hire was the President and the way he is setting the tone for the school.
-It was awesome when Dr. Gempeshaw said I want all my employees to be like Chris. You have arguably the two most important positions that want to be at the school.
-love the terms  our city and our St. John's. This is our team.

Not enough credit is being given to Sister Margaret Fitzpatrick, who I wanted to be President before Bobby got the job.  She was thanked a few times for her guidance and input during the press conference. 

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
Great show! Exciting times for sure.

BTW before we crush Rysheed, its 1:30 on a wednesday. Perhaps he had class, the same place many posters were wondering if he has been to since the conclusion of the season.

he was at the rec center (Philly) from what he tweeted.  while i would like him back, i just don't think he is willing to change.  plus as an upper classmen, he'd have to be the role model for the new guys.  not a good example to follow. i think he's gone.

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
-The really big hire was the President and the way he is setting the tone for the school.
-It was awesome when Dr. Gempeshaw said I want all my employees to be like Chris. You have arguably the two most important positions that want to be at the school.

much respect for Dr. Bobby for giving Lavin credit.  Whether you like Lav or not, he did make things better. i was surprised we didn't hear from Mullin giving any praise.

redslope

« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2015, 05:38:48 PM »
Really enjoyed being at the event--more than a press conference.  wouldn't be surprised if attendance was 1,500.  Chris already generating revenue as I noticed a number of folks (who were probably not alive when he played here) buying replica #20 jerseys.  Agree that our new president handled himself well.  Was pleased that Tarik was the emcee.  A lot of old timers came out for the school which was important.

Let me correct an earlier poster who attributed a quote to Chris "Peacock today; feather duster tomorrow".  That quote originated with Joe Lapchich.  Louie told a story going back to 1968 when Joe gave him some very simple coaching advice.  He took a laminated card out of his wallet when giving his chat and noted that Joe had given it to him in 1968 over drinks at Danny's Hideaway (old timers will remember the name).  Joe used that phrase with his players in the beginning of every season with his players (and Louie carried on the tradition) when he gave them a scrap book with news articles of the point shaving scandals of the early 1950's which involved star players being led out in handcuffs.  Louie didn't say what was on the card that Joe gave him; Chris read it later in the presentation.  He also used it to talk about the tradition of SJU that he wanted to instill from Buck Freeman to Frank McGuire to Joe to Louie.

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2015, 01:27:45 PM »
I called my parents who are well into their 70s and told them the channel and to watch. My mom called me halfway through to say how great it is and it brought memories back to my father who is in beginning stages of Alzheimer's.   

I'm sorry to hear that Marco.  I hope things turn out all right.

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2015, 01:30:49 PM »
I called my parents who are well into their 70s and told them the channel and to watch. My mom called me halfway through to say how great it is and it brought memories back to my father who is in beginning stages of Alzheimer's.   

Thanks brother! Sucks watching your parents get old. But I'm lucky to still have them. My wife is heading to Indy for the Final 4, I'll be watching with the parents

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

Thanks brother! Sucks watching your parents get old. But I'm lucky to still have them. My wife is heading to Indy for the Final 4, I'll be watching with the parents
I lost my dad 3 years ago , it does suck. One day all of us will  meet over beers watching the team rise like a phoenix from the ashes
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:35:31 PM by valgoth »

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
My grandfather passed with Alzheimer's about two years ago. Horrible disease. Hope you guys get through it ok Baldi.

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »

Not enough credit is being given to Sister Margaret Fitzpatrick, who I wanted to be President before Bobby got the job.  She was thanked a few times for her guidance and input during the press conference. 

Maybe people thought she was too busy building the San Antonio Spurs dynasty to have enough time for input at Si. John's.  :)

« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:37 AM »
That was great. Home Run.

I don't think he could've done any better. To put this in perspective, I called my parents who are well into their 70s and told them the channel and to watch. My mom called me halfway through to say how great it is and it brought memories back to my father who is in beginning stages of Alzheimer's.  Great things
Sorry about the tough time for your dad and your family.

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2015, 12:24:42 AM »

Damn man sorry to hear that. My grandfather had it. Really sucks. Enjoy the time with your dad while you can. Wish I spent more time with my grandfather. Still feel guilty about it 20 years later

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2015, 12:25:23 AM »
Prayers to you and your family Marco.  :angel:

Foad

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »
Some thought on the firing of Steve Lavin and the hiring of Chris Mullin: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

MCNPA

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »
Some thought on the firing of Steve Lavin and the hiring of Chris Mullin: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

+1

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2015, 07:58:09 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Chris Mullin isn't just extending scholarship offers. He's giving out invitations to programs all over area to visit #sjubb

Obviously, that happens once workouts begin and staff is in place. But Chris Mullin wants to make it known everyone welcome at  #sjubb

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
Chris Mullin isn't just extending scholarship offers. He's giving out invitations to programs all over area to visit #sjubb

Obviously, that happens once workouts begin and staff is in place. But Chris Mullin wants to make it known everyone welcome at  #sjubb

Quite obvious that Mullin is a godsend.

DFF6

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »

Computer mishap notwithstanding, that was some piece of writing.  Well done.

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »
Quote from: Foad [font=arial black
[/font]link=topic=9429.msg230305#msg230305 date=1428097325]
You may have crushed your keyboard, but you still produced one of your best pieces.

I laughed at your Mrs Foad list, and had a creeper tear at how you described Chris' mission.

You won't be able to write too many bad things about a coach who will put his heart and soul into his vocation. Louie is correct.

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2015, 01:46:41 AM »

Excellent news.