Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies

MCNPA

Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2015, 02:04:48 AM »
It's pretty much a dream...  He's been in place for a few days and he's changing the landscape.  I am a skeptic but I've been awestruck the last few days.  I love Abdelmessih coming back home for one.  I also love Mullin touching base and offering guys that are obvious high major choices no matter what.  He's not reaching... Staff's love it though and Mullin wants these kids.  Good times ahead... Gut tells me so...

Johnny23

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:41 AM »
Some thought on the firing of Steve Lavin and the hiring of Chris Mullin: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

A lot of truth in there about Lavin. The complacency factor and the fact that he thought he was fooling everybody with his dumb, waxing poetic couldn't be more spot on. Nicely done.

redslope

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2015, 12:00:50 PM »
Some thought on the firing of Steve Lavin and the hiring of Chris Mullin: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

A lot of truth in there about Lavin. The complacency factor and the fact that he thought he was fooling everybody with his dumb, waxing poetic couldn't be more spot on. Nicely done.

Foad just read your piece and found you really struck a home run--didn't realize I would ever accuse you of being sincere

SJU79

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »
Quick update as to what I know...Like I stated earlier last  week only 1 asst on board...nobody else has accepted...yes offers are out and most(not all incl 2 GOOD ones) have been mentioned here.
Recruits.... They think Sampson will stay but don't seem worried either way. This whole thing about Diallo is silly...he nor his camp never said they wouldn't meet to take a meeting or talk to Mullin...kid was playing in the AA game and still processing everything ..STJ will gets its chance...no he hasn't made up his mind to come here or not...FACT
Current Players...They want both  Chris and Jordan  back and believe  both will return
Transfers...They REALLY want Lee and with good reason, he fits they style they will be playing perfectly.....

Poison

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
Quick update as to what I know...Like I stated earlier last  week only 1 asst on board...nobody else has accepted...yes offers are out and most(not all incl 2 GOOD ones) have been mentioned here.
Recruits.... They think Sampson will stay but don't seem worried either way. This whole thing about Diallo is silly...he nor his camp never said they wouldn't meet to take a meeting or talk to Mullin...kid was playing in the AA game and still processing everything ..STJ will gets its chance...no he hasn't made up his mind to come here or not...FACT
Current Players...They want both  Chris and Jordan  back and believe  both will return
Transfers...They REALLY want Lee and with good reason, he fits they style they will be playing perfectly.....

Thanks 79. What style of play are you referring to?

Foad

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
didn't realize I would ever accuse you of being sincere

My prick, doth it not bleed?

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

Winning style by scoring more points then your opponent does...LOL!!!

ras

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
Thanks for your update.

Moose

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2015, 01:21:29 PM »

Watched some videos of Lee last night.
Really impressed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2015, 02:01:10 PM »

holy shite I was just about to write that :)

SJU79

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »
They will be running a pro-style set...and off the court he has been promised certain chnages that will help both on and off the court product

Poison

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »
They will be running a pro-style set...and off the court he has been promised certain chnages that will help both on and off the court product

Thanks

SJUFAN

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »

Could you elaborate a bit on what changes?

Dan

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »
Fun with a great article...cannot believe there were some people on here that wanted to keep Lavin...fortunately the administration decided they weren't accepting mediocrity.

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
Fun with a great article...cannot believe there were some people on here that wanted to keep Lavin...fortunately the administration decided they weren't accepting mediocrity.

Right, who would have thought the guy who laughed at people for wanting to get rid of Norm Roberts after a 4 year league record 19-47 would make the case for not accepting mediocrity.

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »
wait a second. You're looking in the rear view mirror. W/o knowing Chris was a candidate or coming, it was not as obvious as you say. I was a Hurleys or Mas lean, but I could see keeping Lavin for some reasons too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:10:04 PM by bball purist »

Foad

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »

Right, who would have thought the guy who laughed at people for wanting to get rid of Norm Roberts after a 4 year league record 19-47 would make the case for not accepting mediocrity.

I didn't laugh at people, I laughed at you, because you're a nitwit. I am however pleased that whatever trolling I did 7 years ago now re Norm got so far under your thin skin that you feel compelled to mention the butthurt at any slight provocation. Rest assured that I feel the same affection toward you that Pavlov felt towards his dogs.

Regarding my little BEB monkeyshine, what I said about Lavin is that he's a horrible coach and a pretentious new age gasbag and that he should not let the door hit on the way out. What I said about Mullin is that I'm excited that he's here, that I expect him to do well, and that I wish him the best.  As one who felt the need to make a very public and embarrassing apology about his support for Lavin I'd think you'd share those sentiments.

Mike

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

Yes because Lavin was one of the worst coaches here. I believe most people who wanted to keep Lavin here was worried that the admin couldn't make the right choice. On paper they did, I believe this will be great. Let's hope we get the recruits we have been craving and wins to show.

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »

Watched some videos of Lee last night.
Really impressed.
moose breaking down film,  applying for DOBO :)?

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2015, 08:01:11 PM »

Hear, hear.

Did I read that right? Did Fun admit that he is looking at the present situation through rosé-colored glasses?