Mullin's staff

• 913 replies
Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #300 on: April 04, 2015, 12:16:39 AM »
@TheBBallDiary: Hearing Barry Rohrssen to St John's. But do not know the logic behind it.

SIAP.  Hopefully this guy knows what he's talking about.  I love matt and could see grasso being good here but our head coach  is great friends with one of the nation's top recruiters who's at least thinking about how nice coming home would be.  I'd hate to see all those aligned stars go to waste.  Slice changes the game for sju period

Not really.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #301 on: April 04, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »
Dave, you think no dice on slice or are you just saying that in general this dude doesn't know what's going on?

isham

« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »
A friend who's connected to the Iona program told me Grasso is coming to SJU.

paultzman

« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »
A friend who's connected to the Iona program told me Grasso is coming to SJU.

At the very least, he seems to be a plan B guy. Just me, but if he was plan A, would he not be offered already? We'll see very shortly.

Wods317

« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
How is Grasso? Heard his name before but don't know much about him. Assuming he is a recruiter?

cjfish

« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
Mullin hiring is great but more is necessary to counter the redmen curse.
1. BRING IN THE WHOPPER TO COACH THE BIG MEN.  We have been small too long and he knew how to play and
2. An alumnus needs to reopen CUNNNGHAM PARK TAVERN {Sams]. Smokey and Sam are dead, unsure about Cahill but
3. Fitzpatrick and Hurley are still kicking and can provide the proper ambience for an SJU bar
4. A dive bar to provide the proper atmosphere is needed and if he comes, Whopper needs a place to have a beer
I went to Fordham but spent many an hour on the barstools there.  Atmosphere gentlemen. :)

« Reply #306 on: April 04, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »
Imagine we end up with Slice, Matt A and Grasso?  Talk about some bench strength when it comes to recruiting?  I would think Grasso jumps at the opportunity if the pay is better.  Cluess isn't getting a bigger job this offseason, so it isn't like Grasso will have a chance to be the assistant head coach at a larger program, or have a chance to become the lead dog at Iona this year, which is what guys like Baldi and some of my Iona friends have said would happen if Cluess went to a bigger program.

« Reply #307 on: April 04, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »
By the way, to answer Wods question, Grasso currently serves as Associate Head Coach in addition to being the Gaels' recruiting coordinator.  So that would give us two former Associate Head Coaches on the staff, if both come to fruition.  Much more than just "recruiters" even if that is their forte.

paultzman

« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »
Imagine we end up with Slice, Matt A and Grasso?  Talk about some bench strength when it comes to recruiting?  I would think Grasso jumps at the opportunity if the pay is better.  Cluess isn't getting a bigger job this offseason, so it isn't like Grasso will have a chance to be the assistant head coach at a larger program, or have a chance to become the lead dog at Iona this year, which is what guys like Baldi and some of my Iona friends have said would happen if Cluess went to a bigger program.
Don't think they would go with three recruiters. Pretty sure Pinkney will come aboard in addition to Slice. If not Slice, then Grasso in my opinion.

« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »
By the way, to answer Wods question, Grasso currently serves as Associate Head Coach in addition to being the Gaels' recruiting coordinator.  So that would give us two former Associate Head Coaches on the staff, if both come to fruition.  Much more than just "recruiters" even if that is their forte.

Two former head coaches on the staff too.

« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »
You are probably right Paultz.  That is what I've thought all along.  Threw that notion out there in response to the post above from someone who said that he heard that Grasso has accepted.  Would mean that Slice is a definite "no" which I don't believe is the case right now.  So something would have to give.

derk

« Reply #311 on: April 04, 2015, 10:07:38 PM »
Paultz does Ketucky
Paultz does a Kentucky win or loss influence Slice decision

paultzman

« Reply #312 on: April 04, 2015, 10:12:48 PM »
Paultz does Ketucky
Paultz does a Kentucky win or loss influence Slice decision

Only he knows

cjfish

« Reply #313 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:17 PM »
relax boys, slice will come if his wife nags him enough and he misses the Italian

Chilleb

« Reply #314 on: April 04, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
As I said earlier in the week I've been hearing rumbles of Grasso. But the fact it hasn't been announced yet shows me there waiting to hear from slice

« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:59 PM »
Well we will know sooner then later.

« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
Is Grasso an X and O guy?

paultzman

« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:50 PM »
As I said earlier in the week I've been hearing rumbles of Grasso. But the fact it hasn't been announced yet shows me there waiting to hear from slice

Yup

paultzman

« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »
@BrandonTierney: As for Slice...personally, I believe he jumps to St. John's...we'll find out shortly.

lihoop

« Reply #319 on: April 04, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
that would be awesome!!