Mullin's staff

• 913 replies
Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
So much chatter

Seriously. What's the chatter?
Nothing. What's the chatter with you?  :)

« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
Staying the course.

Baldi getting cryptic all of a sudden lol? Slice staying the course at kentucky? Or info of him headed home is still strong?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
So much chatter

Hahaha that at least made one person laugh.

Marillac

« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »
I heard that Slice put his 6 bedroom 3 acre house up for sale in Lexington. Asking price is $67,000. Does someone want to just buy it and move this thing along?
Don't you live in Queens? Nothing wrong with Queens I lived there for a few years. Not exactly amazing either.

Queens is a sh*thole.  But some guys will just keep knocking places they've never been.  Lexington is beautiful. 

LoganK

« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »
So much chatter

Hahaha that at least made one person laugh.
I didn't want to admit it, but I chuckled out loud.

« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »
Rumors of Pecora joining our staff? I was never impressed by him as an x and o guy but I must admit I have not followed his teams that closely.

boo3

« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
Where do we stand on an X and O's assistant?   Any combo of Matt , Slice, Grasso would seem to have a nice recruiting foundation..   My concern is with the on court stuff.   Helping Mullin manage TO's, draw up plays, manage minutes and foul trouble.. 

Loved the name PJ when it popped up, but that seemed to have died down..  Thanks

« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »
Slice has been a head coach and an associate head coach.  And unlike Lavin, I think our new head man is going to be a lot better on strategy and X's and O's than people seem to think, simply because he never coached before.

cjfish

« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »
I heard that Slice put his 6 bedroom 3 acre house up for sale in Lexington. Asking price is $67,000. Does someone want to just buy it and move this thing along?
Don't you live in Queens? Nothing wrong with Queens I lived there for a few years. Not exactly amazing either.

Queens is a sh*thole.  But some guys will just keep knocking places they've never been.  Lexington is beautiful.

Lexington is a boring southern city with nothing to do.  Visited for a wedding and spent a few days.  It may have 10% of the restaurants of Queens, I doubt it.  Ate in several, mediocre. Walked around downtown and thought to myself, "Is this it?"  Horse country around Lexington is tremendous but unless you have a large net worth or a big income the horsey deal is not for you.  Queens has an unbelievable collection of ethnic restaurants and then there is Brooklyn and Manhattan.   Any of 30 neighborhoods in NYC,  a good number of which are in Queens, have more to do than Lexington.  Yeah, Jamaica and some other areas are awful but queens is far from a Sh....thole.  For those of you with a 30M net worth, move to Lexington and buy some horseys.  For the rest of us, give me queens or Brooklyn anytime.  If you have few Mill buy a plaqce in Forest Hills, better than anything in Lexington.  New York baby.  I live in Saratoga and it blows Lexington out of the water and, for the rich guys, we have horseys and the best track in the country.

TONYD3

« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
It's cold in Saratoga in August. Just got to Florida for a few days. Never want to go back to the cold.

boo3

« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »
Cold in August in Saratoga?   What are you 90 years old?

I know Slice was a head coach... He also failed miserably at it. ..   I'd like an associate head coach or top assistant to go along with the stable of recruiters.

MCNPA

« Reply #351 on: April 07, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »

I know Slice was a head coach... He also failed miserably at it. ..   I'd like an associate head coach or top assistant to go along with the stable of recruiters.

There have been plenty of good X's and O's guys who have not done much at the D1 level as head coaches.  Rohrssen was just Associate Head Coach on a UK team with 1 loss.  Anybody who thinks that he isn't cut out for associate HC here is off their rocker.  In addition, our head coach knows a few things about basketball as well.

boo3

« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
 Let's land Slice first..   Of course Mullin knows a thing or two about basketball.. Doesn't change the fact he has never coached a game in his life.

« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »

Then stay the F out of Queens

boo3

« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »

Then stay the F out of Queens

always

« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »
Getting a lot of mixed messaging on Slice. I think guys are lacking info and talking out of speculation. Hopefully gonna get it wrapped up sooner than later.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

cjfish

« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
AUgust in Saratoga, cool nites, warm days, perfect.  If you are retired and have the money go south after a white Christmas, way too cold for an old guy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:33:15 PM by cjfish »

« Reply #357 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:07 PM »

It's cold in Saratoga in August. Just got to Florida for a few days. Never want to go back to the cold.
either you are on a megadose of blood thinners or you are from the most extreme heat part of India

wpc77

« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:50 PM »
Heard it's looking like Pecora/Grasso/Matt A/ Mitch Richmond. Lip not letting Slice go without a fight.

« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »
Heard it's looking like Pecora/Grasso/Matt A/ Mitch Richmond. Lip not letting Slice go without a fight.
I can live with that.

I'll say this though. If Slice doesn't come I NEVER want to hear his name mentioned for a position at SJU ever again.