#UnfinishedBusiness

• 10 replies

Poison

#UnfinishedBusiness
« on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »
I think they need to make the Sweet Sixteen.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:35:20 AM by Poison »

TONYD3

Re: #UnfinishedBusiness
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »
They looked finished to me yesterday .

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
Making it to the second round would be an accomishment. They would have made the NCAA and won one playoff game. Could and should have done more with their college carriers, probably... They are banged up and shorthanded, and it's all it takes is a bad draw to get knocked out...
Cougar O' Malley

QuanMan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »
Sweep next weekend and yesterday, Duke/Nova/Gonzaga are all forgotten. They're more than capable to do so. Get healthy, have a great week of practice, fly out next Tuesday, and take care of the unfinished business.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 12:12:18 PM »
Let's try to not overreact after these losses. I agree they are discouraging, but this team has been down before, and knows how to bounce back.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
Let's try to not overreact after these losses. I agree they are discouraging, but this team has been down before, and knows how to bounce back.

Except this time this is the seniors last shot to do something big. The potebtial repercussion could be great. The Nova game was a throw away game. The issues wasn't that we lost to Providence, but that we were destroyed by them, and no one rose the the occasion. This team is down to their last game of the season and we have no ideal what team will show up.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
Finished business is at least the Sweet 16.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
Finished business to me would be to stop talking and finally accomplish something on the court.

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
That's hard to say, I think sweet sixteen and if they were a 6 seed it would definitely be sweet sixteen.  If they are an 8/9, then they will have to beat a 1 to make the sweet sixteen.  I don't think losing to kentucky in round 2, for instance, would hurt that much.  However, I guess there would still be "unfinished business."  I guess my point is, they have kind of put themselves in a position where it will be very difficult to finish this business.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »
Back to Louie Glory years just make the tourney

boo3

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
 We need to win our round 1 game in order to feel any sort of accomplishment, or take care of this "unfinished business"

It has a lot to do with the way we lost to Nova and Providence. Going out with 3 straight bad losses will once again spark to Fire Lavin fire.   

Regardless of how we got there, this is was a successful season for St. John's basketball.  Only way you disagree is if your expectations are completely out of wack.   Assuming this group was going to the sweet 16 is just dumb on your end if that was your expectation..  The same group that hasn't won a post season game ...well...ever.   Think about it.

Give the guy 3-4 year extension with a exercisable buy-out clause after 2  or something..  CBB coach is a job that you can't do without job security.

As long as the kids still like playing for him and he kills it in the living room ( Choz, wassup?) ,  he should be here.   last 3 seasons.. 17 wins, 20 wins, 21 wins...  Improvement as defined by any measure.   Now we need to figure out this post season thing.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:57:12 PM by boo3 »