Need favorites to win out...

• 52 replies
Re: Need favorites to win out...
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »
I hoping for a 10 which is actually better than being in 8-9 mgame. Biggest fear is being an 11 and having to play in the play in game.
7-9 looks like the best possibility.  right now sju is the highest 8 seed on bracket matrix.  probably not going to jump 5 spots and make it to a 6 without playing.  probably not going to drop 8 spots to a 10.  I don't know this part well, but maybe there is a chance sju is a 9, but gets dropped to a 10 for schedule reasons like not playing a team they already played or something like that

7 at best and 9 at worst, as you initially stated (an outside chance they could be a 10, but I doubt it).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:06:51 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
I think we will get to watch St John's play on Tuesday night

hnk

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »
Maybe, Iona too. Or doesn't NIT play on Tuesday?

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »

NIT bound. Although Lunardi moved them up a bit

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »
I hoping for a 10 which is actually better than being in 8-9 mgame. Biggest fear is being an 11 and having to play in the play in game.
7-9 looks like the best possibility.  right now sju is the highest 8 seed on bracket matrix.  probably not going to jump 5 spots and make it to a 6 without playing.  probably not going to drop 8 spots to a 10.  I don't know this part well, but maybe there is a chance sju is a 9, but gets dropped to a 10 for schedule reasons like not playing a team they already played or something like that

7 at best and 9 at worst, as you initially stated (an outside chance they could be a 10, but I doubt it).

Yeah fortunately I do not have to run my posts through you and unfortunately I doubt you are on the selection committee so excuse me if I don't take your guarantee to the bank

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »

Yeah fortunately I do not have to run my posts through you and unfortunately I doubt you are on the selection committee so excuse me if I don't take your guarantee to the bank

Learn how the system works or control your paranoia.  I know only bubble teams from high-major conferences receive 11 seeds.  I know St. John's is far from the bubble.   

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:49:05 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »

NIT bound. Although Lunardi moved them up a bit

I would love to see Iona sneak in, but they don't have one win worth mentioning. They can't get in because of that.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 03:50:03 PM »

Learn how the system works or control your paranoia.  I know only bubble teams from high-major conferences receive 11 seeds.  I know St. John's are far from the bubble.   

What is the BE and what are we? What are you talking about?
Iowa and Cal had to play in the 11 game last year.
I hoping for a 10. 8/9 would be worse. Your 7 is a pipe dream
I am SJU fan I have seen bad things. I am being honest that I am at least 2% nervous we somehow don't get called at all

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 03:54:42 PM »

Learn how the system works or control your paranoia.  I know only bubble teams from high-major conferences receive 11 seeds.  I know St. John's are far from the bubble.   

I am SJU fan I have seen bad things. I am being honest that I am at least 2% nervous we somehow don't get called at all

Unthinkable but passed my mind as well.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 04:01:54 PM »

The Big East is the #2 rated conference, per RPI, in the nation. 

How many times do I have to say, high-major teams who are in the play-in game barely made the tournament?  Or, for that matter, any, high-major team who is an 11 or 12 seed squeaked their way in.  It wasn't Cal (it was Cal-Poly).  It was Iowa, Tennessee, NC State, and Xavier.  St. John's won't squeak their way in.

The 7 seed isn't a pipe dream, although they probably could or will end up being an 8/9 seed.  Learn how the system works, dude.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:13:30 PM by mjdinkins »

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »

I'm with you WASJU.  Bad things just happen to us.  I am not sitting here biting my finger nails, but I pray to God we are in the first or second region they release or else I may need to chug some whiskey to get through.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »
Do I think we're in? Yes.

Would I be surprised if somehow we weren't? Stranger things have happened.

Do I have some doubt? Of course and that is natural.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »

Having doubt and saying it absolutely is totally different.  Yes, stranger things have happened, but that ain't gonna happen.  I would be surprised. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:26:16 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »

Having doubt and saying it absolutely is totally different.  Yes, stranger things have happened, but that ain't gonna happen.  I would be surprised. 

cool

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »

That about sums it up for me, But have no fear MJDINKINS claims we are a 7 and the ACC and Big Ten are not major conferences.
BTW I hope he gets to gloat but no True SJU fan would feel 100% confident about anything positive happening

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »

That about sums it up for me, But have no fear MJDINKINS claims we are a 7 and the ACC and Big Ten are not major conferences.
BTW I hope he gets to gloat but no True SJU fan would feel 100% confident about anything positive happening

Agreed any sort of confidence is false confidence. This school, this team, etc. have never given 100% assurance on anything in the past 2 decades.

He could be right or he could be wrong. I don't think anyone here is qualified to make any sort of guarantees but we can all have fun trying to guess and debate.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »

What else did I say about their seeding?  Quote my entire post and stop cherry picking to suit your paranoia.

Dude....  Just because I'm not sweating it and feel confident doesn't make me any, less of a St. John's fan.  At the end of the day, the sun will still come out tomorrow and I'll go on about my life. 

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 04:42:04 PM »
Kid has a good point. Who here won't be shitting a brick if we are not shown in one of the first 3 regions?

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »

What else did I say about their seeding?  Quote my entire post and stop cherry picking to suit your paranoia.

Dude....  Just because I'm not sweating it and feel confident doesn't make me any, less of a St. John's fan.  At the end of the day, the sun will still come out tomorrow and I'll go on about my life. 

The portion of me that roots for SJU is nervous, right or wrong. Never said anything about Sun not coming up. Did anyone else just get a mental picture of MJD in a curly red wig and red dress?

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
2011 they were literally the last game announced. We were super locks then and I was shitting bricks. So of course it's natural to feel nervous.