Need favorites to win out...

• 52 replies
Re: Need favorites to win out...
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2015, 04:49:03 PM »
Do I think we're in? Yes.

Would I be surprised if somehow we weren't? Stranger things have happened.

Do I have some doubt? Of course and that is natural.

That about sums it up for me, But have no fear MJDINKINS claims we are a 7 and the ACC and Big Ten are not major conferences.
BTW I hope he gets to gloat but no True SJU fan would feel 100% confident about anything positive happening

What else did I say about their seeding?  Quote my entire post and stop cherry picking to suit your paranoia.

Dude....  Just because I'm not sweating it and feel confident doesn't make me any, less of a St. John's fan.  At the end of the day, the sun will still come out tomorrow and I'll go on about my life. 

The portion of me that roots for SJU is nervous, right or wrong. Never said anything about Sun not coming up. Did anyone else just get a mental picture of MJD in a curly red wig and red dress?

LOL   

Actually, I wasn't referring to "Annie," but when I posted it, then I thought about "Annie." 

My point was life goes on and I'm not sweating it, regardless whether they're called or not on Sunday.  But I know we'll be in the tournament and will be very, surprised if we're an 11 seed (based, on what I know about tournament seedings and where we are now).   

Tha Kid

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »
Kid has a good point. Who here won't be shitting a brick if we are not shown in one of the first 3 regions?

Baldi might be popping champagne at that point. ;)
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »
For everyone comparing us to SMU last year they were an 11 seed on bracket matrix. We are an 8 seed. Not even close.

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »

That about sums it up for me, But have no fear MJDINKINS claims we are a 7 and the ACC and Big Ten are not major conferences.
BTW I hope he gets to gloat but no True SJU fan would feel 100% confident about anything positive happening

What else did I say about their seeding?  Quote my entire post and stop cherry picking to suit your paranoia.

Dude....  Just because I'm not sweating it and feel confident doesn't make me any, less of a St. John's fan.  At the end of the day, the sun will still come out tomorrow and I'll go on about my life. 

The portion of me that roots for SJU is nervous, right or wrong. Never said anything about Sun not coming up. Did anyone else just get a mental picture of MJD in a curly red wig and red dress?

LOL   

Actually, I wasn't referring to "Annie," but when I posted it, then I thought about "Annie." 

My point was life goes on and I'm not sweating it, regardless whether they're called or not on Sunday.  But I know we'll be in the tournament and will be very, surprised if we're an 11 seed (based, on what I know about tournament seedings and where we are now).   

Fair renough.
Love the tourney and obviously it is better when SJU is in it. As I have stated I am just happy when we get in and the last 2 games have made me nervous.

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
Kid has a good point. Who here won't be shitting a brick if we are not shown in one of the first 3 regions?

Baldi might be popping champagne at that point. ;)

I pooped the champagne over a week ago. What was I thinking?

jr49

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
I think we will get to watch St John's play on Tuesday night
To play a hurting team with no depth in a play in game is like the committee  saying we hate St. Johns, like I guess some people do.

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »

LOL   

Fair renough.
Love the tourney and obviously it is better when SJU is in it. As I have stated I am just happy when we get in and the last 2 games have made me nervous.

Just pop you something cold on Sunday around 6 or 6:30.  I'm only nervous about being in the 8/9 game.  I don't want that game because it'll probably be either Virginia or Kentucky.  I don't want the former and I really don't want the latter. 

Virginia's offense isn't anything to write home about.  But they control tempo; usually, plays discipline; and plays dog defense.  Frankly, the dog defense scares me more than anything.  For the most part, they defend everything!  We could give them problems, if we're hitting from the outside, as we've done most of the conference season.  If we're not hitting shots, then it could be one of our lowest scoring games in recent history.  Even lower than the Norm's Big East tournament game versus Marquette.

I'll also attend the game, as it's about an hour and a little bit of change from my neck of the woods. 

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
To play a hurting team with no depth in a play in game is like the committee  saying we hate St. Johns, like I guess some people do.

Ya I guess it's the committees fault

jr49

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »

Ya I guess it's the committees fault
Of course it would be their fault if they put teams with 3 top 50 wins , lower SOS and RPI in front of us. Can anyone name say the last 8 teams that would have to be taken higher then us to force us down to the 11 line. Also, would they have better creds then SJU. I'm not really asking anyone to do the figures except you Marco, but only if you feel like. We are all disappointed the way our tired hurting team finished up the last two games. However they did play 11-2 OOC, and finished up 2ed half BE sched 7-2. With 3 wins needed vs. X-men, G.Town and Marq. , they got'em. Going back to the 3-6 Johnny's it was agreed this was a team without enough players and it was bound to show up. The staff's neglect was covered up some, by the kids overachieving. Dlo ain't right and CO hurting. If they catch a game when they got legs, they can win it. However they finish up now, it would not be the kids doing.  The staff's neglect remains a factor.

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »
I really don't understand why anyone is skittish about getting in or even getting a play-in game. 

Per Lunardi:
Last Four Byes
LSU (OUT)
Oklahoma State (OUT)
Purdue (plays Wisconsin tonight)
BYU (OUT)

Last Four In:
Ole Miss (OUT)
Texas (OUT)
Temple (plays SMU tonight)
Indiana (plays Maryland tonight)

Of the 8 teams in the "first four out" and "next four out," only UCLA, Tulsa, and Richmond are alive.  Has Lunardi ever been so far off that he projects a team that wasn't even in his last four byes on the Friday before Selection Sunday that missed the tournament altogether?  A play-in game would be essentially impossible even if all of the teams that are not yet eliminated maximize their upside.   

Hopefully this illustrates that even the worst case scenario with bid stealers and last minute movers on the bubble cannot displace St. John's.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:28:08 PM by Gray Chudney »

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 05:54:05 PM »
I really don't understand why anyone is skittish about getting in or even getting a play-in game. 

Per Lunardi:
Last Four Byes
LSU
Oklahoma State (OUT)
BYU (OUT)

Last Four In:
Ole Miss (OUT)
Texas (OUT)

Of the 8 teams in the "first four out" and "next four out," only UCLA, Tulsa, and Richmond are alive.  Has Lunardi ever been so far off that he projects a team that wasn't even in his last four byes on the Friday before Selection Sunday that missed the tournament altogether?  A play-in game would be essentially impossible even if all of the teams that are not yet eliminated maximize their upside.   

Hopefully this illustrates that even the worst case scenario with bid stealers and last minute movers on the bubble cannot displace St. John's.

Good post. 

By the way, Wisconsin/Purdue and Temple/SMU plays tomorrow.  Those teams played earlier today.

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2015, 06:16:43 PM »
I pray to God we are in the first or second region they release or else I may need to chug some whiskey to get through.

No different than any other day.  I need to chug some whiskey just to get through my life.

100% positive we're in.  Looking forward to the show and won't be sweating at all.

jr49

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »

Per Lunardi:
Last Four Byes
LSU (OUT)
Oklahoma State (OUT)
BYU (OUT)

Last Four In:
Ole Miss (OUT)
Texas (OUT)

All net, thanks.