Butler

• 328 replies
Re: Butler
« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
I remember us giving BC a fight during Norms first year at Alumni. Game was during a snowstorm I think they were number 6 at the time had Dudley and Smith.

goredmen

« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »
I remember us giving BC a fight during Norms first year at Alumni. Game was during a snowstorm I think they were number 6 at the time had Dudley and Smith.

Yep, I was at that game, was fishtailing driving home. They were 15-0 going into that game It was amazing we kept it that close but Dudley hit some big shots late. BC is probably the program that's been hurt the most from going to the ACC

Poison

« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »

Yep, I was at that game, was fishtailing driving home. They were 15-0 going into that game It was amazing we kept it that close but Dudley hit some big shots late. BC is probably the program that's been hurt the most from going to the ACC

I rather enjoy watching Boston College burn. They had some nerve leaving.

desco80

« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2016, 08:01:34 PM »
I don't want to quote everything, but you make some good points Marillac.  I still think starting Lovett is the obvious move.   But your point about starting fast and losing a lead is worth considering. 

And we can both agree that he help D is lazy at times and undisciplined.  But I think that can be cleaned up as conference play rolls on.

« Reply #324 on: December 30, 2016, 08:14:25 PM »
Any correlation with our defense playing better and Mussini being out?

Dare I say we look better without him losing players on a screen of getting blown by everything

« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2016, 09:19:01 PM »

My freshman year. Jared Dudley and I were exchanging trash talk all game. He was calling out his shots to me. It was most ridiculous display I've ever seen. Had so much respect for him ever since.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2016, 09:23:29 PM »
Any correlation with our defense playing better and Mussini being out?

Dare I say we look better without him losing players on a screen of getting blown by everything

Shooting 54% makes your defense look better. Butler going 6-25 from deep makes your defense look better. I don't think Mussini was a difference here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2016, 12:20:18 AM »
The Johnnies only had their biggest win on campus in 33 years  :)

What makes you say that?

Butler was the highest ranked team we beat on campus since 1983.

Nice.  No wonder we had 5602.

Wods317

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYciRkQJSio

Not sure if this was posted before but the last 30 seconds of the video are very nice to see. These guys really their heart into this and were thrilled to win and so were the coaches.