Orlando Sanchez makes national team

• 32 replies

LoganK

Re: Orlando Sanchez makes national team
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 07:56:38 AM »
In the last ten years two guards have averaged more rebounds than Patterson did. Dlo and Geno.

Um, no. Nurideen Lindsey averaged nearly 5 rebounds a game. DJ Kennedy averaged 5 plus 4 times. Andre Stanley averaged 5 plus. Elijah Ingram averaged 3.7, same as Patterson, who wasn't even the best rebounding guard on his team.

DJ was a forward, Stanley was 11 seasons ago, Ingram was 11 years ago, Lindsey played in 11 games.

Stanley and Ingram played in 2004, this is 2014, that's 10 years, maybe your glaucoma has effected you math skills. Kennedy was a G/F who started at the 2 his senior year (http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310032599) and I don't care how many games Lindsey played.

2003-2004 (the last season ingram and stanley played for us) was 11 seasons ago....glaucoma must be an epidemic....

Foad

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
In the last ten years two guards have averaged more rebounds than Patterson did. Dlo and Geno.

Um, no. Nurideen Lindsey averaged nearly 5 rebounds a game. DJ Kennedy averaged 5 plus 4 times. Andre Stanley averaged 5 plus. Elijah Ingram averaged 3.7, same as Patterson, who wasn't even the best rebounding guard on his team.

DJ was a forward, Stanley was 11 seasons ago, Ingram was 11 years ago, Lindsey played in 11 games.

Stanley and Ingram played in 2004, this is 2014, that's 10 years, maybe your glaucoma has effected you math skills. Kennedy was a G/F who started at the 2 his senior year (http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310032599) and I don't care how many games Lindsey played.

2003-2004 (the last season ingram and stanley played for us) was 11 seasons ago....glaucoma must be an epidemic....

Hopefully you are not going to follow me around now that I have rejected your attempt to become penpals. Forget your little psychic butthurt, everyone else has. In the meanwhile:

2014 -
---------

Thanks for playing.

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 03:07:12 PM »

There has been ten seasons since Stanley last played for St. John's, there is no disputing that. I can count them out for you if that makes it easier. But just for Fun lets say I give you the extra year and count Stanley, I give you a "2 guard" who started along side Hardy and Horne and count DJ, I give you a guy who never played a single conference game for St. John's and count Lindsey. That would put Patterson at a measly 6th place in the last 11 years. What a terrible rebounder he must have been.

Since you have proven how impeccable your math skills are maybe you can answer this. What do you get when you add one boon companion, one nit wit, and a few mis speled werds for comedic effect? I have no idea, but if the one eyed man is king, the blind man such as myself is a peasant, then the answer is somewhere below that.

So back to the case at point, I stated that Avery Patterson was one of the best rebounders I'VE seen at St. John's. A poster here once said "de gustibus non est disputandum" meaning that in matters of taste there can be no disputes. Which just goes to prove my theory that even he doesn't believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
There has been ten seasons since Stanley last played for St. John's, there is no disputing that. I can count them out for you if that makes it easier. But just for Fun lets say I give you the extra year and count Stanley, I give you a "2 guard" who started along side Hardy and Horne and count DJ, I give you a guy who never played a single conference game for St. John's and count Lindsey. That would put Patterson at a measly 6th place in the last 11 years. What a terrible rebounder he must have been.

Since you have proven how impeccable your math skills are maybe you can answer this. What do you get when you add one boon companion, one nit wit, and a few mis speled werds for comedic effect? I have no idea, but if the one eyed man is king, the blind man such as myself is a peasant, then the answer is somewhere below that.

So back to the case at point, I stated that Avery Patterson was one of the best rebounders I'VE seen at St. John's. A poster here once said "de gustibus non est disputandum" meaning that in matters of taste there can be no disputes. Which just goes to prove my theory that even he doesn't believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Good grief, where to start.

IIFP, you said ten "years" not ten "seasons." To the extent that you are pleading guilty to being a sloppy writer, I sentence you to hang.

IISP, Rysheed Jordan is a better rebounder than Patterson. Darryl Hill was a better rebounder than Patterson - Darryl Hill was a great rebounder. Malik Boothe - all 4 foot 2 of him - was a better rebounder than Patterson. Quincy Roberts, Cedric Jackson and Ryan Williams were all better rebounders than Patterson.

Credit where due, Patterson was a better rebounder than Larry Wright, TyShwan Edmondson, the speedy Malik Stith, and possibly even Paris Horne.

And finally, I throw that Latin crap around all the time: it impresses the rubes. But de gustibus etc doesn't mean what you think it does, you having spent your life steeping in post modern moral relativist horseshit. It does not that mean that every apprehension of reality is equal, or that there are no facts. If it did there would be no reason for discourse and rhetoric; if it did it would mean - as some beleive - that Sean Evans was the best PG in SJU history and that Charlie Parker played the tenor saxophone; it would mean that Carmine is as accomplished a singer as Rene Fleming. That's not what it means. It means something far different.

To me, anyway.

In any event, I didn't say Avery Patterson was a terrible rebounder, or that he wasn't the best you'd ever seen. I said that - in my opinion obviously - your eyesight blows. That's something else entirely.

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
I have no recollection of how good a rebounder AP (Sorry, Adrian Peterson!) was.  I do remember vividly him standing there while his man blew by him, refusing to play any defense.  Makes it hard to appreciate even his prolific 3-pt. numbers.

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
Can never get enough Andre Stanley and Elijah Ingram talk!  ::)

LoganK

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »

Hopefully you are not going to follow me around now that I have rejected your attempt to become penpals. Forget your little psychic butthurt, everyone else has. In the meanwhile:

2014 -
---------

Thanks for playing.

That's adorable.  2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009,2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013.

I hope that helps, pal.

Until next time, your best friend,

Logan

Foad

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:29 PM »

2014 -
---------

Thanks for playing.

That's adorable.  2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009,2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013.

I hope that helps, pal.

Until next time, your best friend,

Logan

As I told you when you PM'ed me begging to be penpals, I think you're a schmuck. This sort of public display is not going to help - unless you have a vagina obviously, then I could make arrangements. Please advise.

LoganK

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
As I told you when you PM'ed me begging to be penpals, I think you're a schmuck. This sort of public display is not going to help - unless you have a vagina obviously, then I could make arrangements. Please advise.

You think I'm a schmuck and believe I might have a vagina.  I think you're a pathetic excuse for a man.  Huzzah!  Now we've both shown we can act like 5 year olds and call each other names.  None of those things change the fact that you were the one with faulty math skills and/or reading comprehension skills.
You want me to advise you?  Get over yourself and move on.  Schmuck.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 03:48:44 PM »
I might have a vagina.

That would certainly explain why you're so cranky.

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
Hey, Sanchez made the team everybody!

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
Sanchez and company playing Team USA right now. I'm sure it's on TV somewhere, though not in my office.    Gosh, I feel like Paultzman.  ;)