Annual Overly Optimistic Stat Prediction:

• 23 replies
Re: Annual Overly Optimistic Stat Prediction:
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
Hope springs eternal in October.

Starters:

Harrison - SG, 17 ppg, 5.3 rebounds (ices the game in Syracuse w free throws)
Jordan - PG, 12.5 ppg, 6.5 assists, 3.1 steals (improves to one of the best guards in the nation)
Jones - SF 7.2 ppg, 4.5 rebounds, 4 assists (52% from the floor)
Thomas - PF 5.2 ppg, 9.5 rebounds (45% from the line, but he mixes it up inside, and fights for the ball)
Obepka - C 5.5 ppg, 5.2 rebounds, 6 blocks (blocks 10 shots at MSG vs Duke)

Key Reserves:

Greene - SG 8 ppg, 1 assist, 3 boards (whether he starts or comes off the bench, I see him playing at the level, which was much improved last year)
Branch - PG 2.5 ppg, 3 assists (Still out of control)
Pointer - SF/PF 2 ppg, 4 rebounds, 1.5 assists (still a poorly behaved small child)
Delarosa C 3.5 ppg, 4.8 rebounds, 40% from the free throw line, 3.5 fouls (shows a good touch, but he has trouble staying out of foul trouble)

Not So Key Reserves:

Balamou SF 1.2 ppg, 1.5 rebounds (needs to impress early to get into a game)
Henderson SG 6 ppg, 45% from 3 (wouldn't surprise me to see Lavin give him a chance to help us beat the zone)
Alibegovic SF 3.1 ppg, 1 rebound, 2 fouls (Goes off on Franklin Pierce for 15 off the bench causing many of us including myself to predict greatness in 15-16)
Stewart SG 2.2 ppg, 1 rebound (no idea about this kid)
Lipscomb PG 0.5 ppg, 1.1 assist

You think Henderson will score 6 points per game?  Maybe six points all season.  You are also too high on Stewart.  We have  four very good guards and a SF that has played over 20 mpg for three seasons.  Walkons don't just play over those types.
You overshot Delarosa and you are too low on Obekpa except for blocks.  Six?  Really?

And when is Branch out of control?  He makes lazy passes and tries to be too fancy, but he's always in control.

Jay Henderson, according to Yahoo Sports, had ships from the following schools: Dayton, Florida State, Mississippi State, Purdue, Seton Hall, St.Josephs and Stanford. What do all of those schools have in common? They are better than we are. I'm betting he's good enough to play in the BE. How good? No idea, but better than a walk on.
You think Miss State, Purdue, Hall and St. Joe's are better than we are?  I do get your point, though.  At this point, Henderson is starting next year

This is sarcasm, right?
Freshman don't usually displace seniors...freshman walkons are even far less likely to do that.  All of the guys you think Henderson will start over had scholarships from those types of schools and better. 

Henderson is somewhere north of a typical walkon and south of a true Big East contributor at this point.  I think we have three unusually good walkons with Henderson, Stewart, and Lipscomb.  It should really make this team better due to increased competition in practice.

I was speaking of the 2015-16 season.  At present, only guard on scholarship is Balamou

Must we forget one Rysheed Jordan?
You think he stays another year? He has declared for the draft on twitter about 6 times.

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

Starters:

Jordan - PG, 12.5 ppg, 6.5 assists, 3.1 steals (improves to one of the best guards in the nation)
Thomas - PF 5.2 ppg, 9.5 rebounds (45% from the line, but he mixes it up inside, and fights for the ball)

Key Reserves:

Greene - SG 8 ppg, 1 assist, 3 boards (whether he starts or comes off the bench, I see him playing at the level, which was much improved last year)
Pointer - SF/PF 2 ppg, 4 rebounds, 1.5 assists (still a poorly behaved small child)
Delarosa C 3.5 ppg, 4.8 rebounds, 40% from the free throw line, 3.5 fouls (shows a good touch, but he has trouble staying out of foul trouble)

Not So Key Reserves:

Henderson SG 6 ppg, 45% from 3 (wouldn't surprise me to see Lavin give him a chance to help us beat the zone)
Alibegovic SF 3.1 ppg, 1 rebound, 2 fouls (Goes off on Franklin Pierce for 15 off the bench causing many of us including myself to predict greatness in 15-16)

You think Henderson will score 6 points per game?  Maybe six points all season.  You are also too high on Stewart.  We have  four very good guards and a SF that has played over 20 mpg for three seasons.  Walkons don't just play over those types.
You overshot Delarosa and you are too low on Obekpa except for blocks.  Six?  Really?

And when is Branch out of control?  He makes lazy passes and tries to be too fancy, but he's always in control.

Jay Henderson, according to Yahoo Sports, had ships from the following schools: Dayton, Florida State, Mississippi State, Purdue, Seton Hall, St.Josephs and Stanford. What do all of those schools have in common? They are better than we are. I'm betting he's good enough to play in the BE. How good? No idea, but better than a walk on.
You think Miss State, Purdue, Hall and St. Joe's are better than we are?  I do get your point, though.  At this point, Henderson is starting next year

This is sarcasm, right?
Freshman don't usually displace seniors...freshman walkons are even far less likely to do that.  All of the guys you think Henderson will start over had scholarships from those types of schools and better. 

Henderson is somewhere north of a typical walkon and south of a true Big East contributor at this point.  I think we have three unusually good walkons with Henderson, Stewart, and Lipscomb.  It should really make this team better due to increased competition in practice.

I was speaking of the 2015-16 season.  At present, only guard on scholarship is Balamou

Must we forget one Rysheed Jordan?
You think he stays another year? He has declared for the draft on twitter about 6 times.

Hes also said were gonna win it all this year. Lets hope Rysheed can foresee the future.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 04:15:15 PM »
I'll give it a go.

Harrison - 18.0 points, 3.4 boards, 1.9 assists
Jordan - 12.4 points, 3.8 boards, 4.4 assists
Greene - 10.1 points, 2.1 boards, 1.5 assists
Branch - 6.5 points, 2.1 board, 2.3 assists
Obekpa - 8.1 points, 6.5 boards, 3.5 blocks
Thomas - 7.0 points 8.0 boards. 1.5 assists
Pointer - 4.5 points, 3.5 boards
Jones - 4.0 points, 3.0 boards

Balamou - Depends on what chance coach gives him; not hopeful this season
Don't expect much: Bosnian kid, walkons, ADR, JDR

Ooo too low on Rysheed in my opinon. Those are basically his BE averages from last year.

DLO         17.5ppg 4.5 rbs 2 asts
Rysheed  15 ppg 3.5 rbs 4.5 asts
Greene    8.5 ppg  2 rbs     1.5 asts
Branch     7 ppg     2 rbs     3 asts
Thomas    7 ppg    7.5 rbs   1 ast
Obekpa    6 ppg    7 rbs      1 ast  3.5 bpg
Jones         7 ppg    4 rbs      1 ast
Dom          6 ppg    2.5 rbs   1.5 asts

Sheed is a tough one to estimate.  He will have his twenty point games, but I would think he will be passing up  a lot of shots to rack up more assists. 

Poison

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:30 PM »

Starters:

Key Reserves:

Not So Key Reserves:

No, that was a mistake. We are better than Seton Hall. Mississippi State is better than us, or at the very least on par with us. They offered Henderson a chance to play for free. As did Stanford. That is telling. He would rather walk on at STJ, then go to Stanford for free? Puzzling, yes, but apparently it's true.