Dick Vitale's Top 40

• 56 replies

Poison

Re: Dick Vitale's Top 40
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »
UCONN is going to wipe us off the court.

They are a year older and have all the important pieces back and even if Price is not like he was Kemba Walker is right there who is an absolute STUDD.

You hype us like crazy and a team that is going to be really tough, you do not give the full credit they deserve.

The BE is so tough this year, we will be lucky with 6 wins in it. Look at the pre-season predictions, we are not looking so hot. Hope I am wrong but do not think so.

it's true, uconn is loaded, but you have to notice that they haven't the same since George Mason took them out. Last year, San diego state? Year before no post season, and the same record as US?

i don't see that intense uconn defense that propelled them in the past. A lot of sloppy play, and sure kemba walker may be great, but there are no guarantees. He may need time to get used to the college game.

Curtis Kelly was supposed to be great, too.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
I could care less about MU, hes right on that point. Uconn is going to be scary good. Wiggins will be a loss, great quickness, and a good passer, but we replace him with a FAR better player, albeit it a freshman, in KW. Kelly sucked, plain and simple. NOT what he was in HS. So thats actually improvement by him leaving. So much for the dynamic duo statement.

AJ will be just fine, the reports from people who have watched him ( unlike Scotcheroo here ) have said he is back 100% and will be just fine. Also reports are that Nate Miles is a force on offense, something we lacked the last 2 seasons. Also being reported is that Jeff Adrien is bigger and meaner than ever, not good for your post players at all. Hasheem has added weight as well as some outside shooting and better hands. I can keep going if you like, but this is an SJ msg board.

Your post sounds exactly like Oldreds posts praising SJU. He posts what hes heard just like you just did. Same thing, just different schools

Clearly, the biggest difference is that I actually have facts to back me up. I seriously doubt he is getting real info Marco. While I get mine from people who are actually PAID to write about our program, actually have BEEN to practices and work outs, etc.

Oldreds optimism is based on whatever meds the nurse gave him today. Clearly a difference even you can see.

Does anyone get back to 100% with the injury that Price had?  And to say Adrien is tougher and meaner than ever is opinion. You dont need to get PAID to have an opinion. Keep drinking the Calhoun-spiked Kool Aid
No mention of the loss of Stanley Robinson, a 6'9" double-digit scoring starter and 40+% 3 pt shooter.
He was also their second best shotblocker and averaged one less rebound than the great Thabeet.

I can agree with that. You at least get it.  Stanley will be missed. But, right now he is sched to be back second semester as well as the arival of Majok at that same time. Dont worry your medicated little head about our ranking Scotch. We will prove people like you wrong all season.

Quote from: old red
Bingo marco... thank u for putting this guy in his place for me..  .. peace!

Because you cant do it on your own. You and Marco should look into shared living quarters.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 01:51:21 PM »
I could care less about MU, hes right on that point. Uconn is going to be scary good. Wiggins will be a loss, great quickness, and a good passer, but we replace him with a FAR better player, albeit it a freshman, in KW. Kelly sucked, plain and simple. NOT what he was in HS. So thats actually improvement by him leaving. So much for the dynamic duo statement.

AJ will be just fine, the reports from people who have watched him ( unlike Scotcheroo here ) have said he is back 100% and will be just fine. Also reports are that Nate Miles is a force on offense, something we lacked the last 2 seasons. Also being reported is that Jeff Adrien is bigger and meaner than ever, not good for your post players at all. Hasheem has added weight as well as some outside shooting and better hands. I can keep going if you like, but this is an SJ msg board.

Your post sounds exactly like Oldreds posts praising SJU. He posts what hes heard just like you just did. Same thing, just different schools

Clearly, the biggest difference is that I actually have facts to back me up. I seriously doubt he is getting real info Marco. While I get mine from people who are actually PAID to write about our program, actually have BEEN to practices and work outs, etc.

Oldreds optimism is based on whatever meds the nurse gave him today. Clearly a difference even you can see.

Does anyone get back to 100% with the injury that Price had?  And to say Adrien is tougher and meaner than ever is opinion. You dont need to get PAID to have an opinion. Keep drinking the Calhoun-spiked Kool Aid
No mention of the loss of Stanley Robinson, a 6'9" double-digit scoring starter and 40+% 3 pt shooter.
He was also their second best shotblocker and averaged one less rebound than the great Thabeet.

I can agree with that. You at least get it.  Stanley will be missed. But, right now he is sched to be back second semester as well as the arival of Majok at that same time. Dont worry your medicated little head about our ranking Scotch. We will prove people like you wrong all season.

Quote from: old red
Bingo marco... thank u for putting this guy in his place for me..  .. peace!

Because you cant do it on your own. You and Marco should look into shared living quarters.

If you think Baldi and oldred are nuts, than what we say shouldnt matter right? Unless of course what we say is true  and your defending your team which is great. But dont blast oldred for doing the same defending St Johns. The season hasnt started yet and everything you and oldred have heard from your sources are opinion.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:52:04 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »
The season will bear out who is nuts or not. I like my chances of proving you both to be complete lunatics in your assesment.

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
The season will bear out who is nuts or not. I like my chances of proving you both to be complete lunatics in your assesment.

What is so hard to understand here, I said UConn will be a good team. Their "greatness" depends on Prices's health imo.

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:38 PM »
I will drink all the Calhoun kool aid you can give me. Looks at his results from every place he has coached.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm-how many NBA players has he produced????????? Norm?????????

NCAA championships for each????????????????

Norm's record so far in the BE and his past is just horrible and I will not be drinking any of that kool aid until he has proven himself.

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
I will drink all the Calhoun kool aid you can give me. Looks at his results from every place he has coached.

Norm's record so far in the BE and his past is just horrible and I will not be drinking any of that kool aid until he has proven himself.

Calhoun has had his share of transfers and busts, just the same as Norm. You cant compare the 2,not yet. Wasnt there talk of Curtis Kelly going straight to the NBA out of college? Yet he never developed at UConn, is this due to the staff or on Kelly? But Im sure Norm is blamed when the same happens at St Johns. Calhoun has put alot of kids in the pros and built a great program, did he do this in the first 4 years at UConn? I dont know
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:13:54 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
Calhoun has had his share of transfers and busts, just the same as Norm.

You forgot to add that if he has his transfers or busts, he stocks up even better quality talent to replace them.

Calhoun has put alot of kids in the pros and built a great program, did he do this in the first 4 years at UConn? I dont know

But he already built a solid program prior to even joining UCONN. Norm has done nothing in the past but shown when he was a head coach, he was a horrible coach with a horrible winning %.

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »

You forgot to add that if he has his transfers or busts, he stocks up even better quality talent to replace them.

Calhoun has put alot of kids in the pros and built a great program, did he do this in the first 4 years at UConn? I dont know

But he already built a solid program prior to even joining UCONN. Norm has done nothing in the past but shown when he was a head coach, he was a horrible coach with a horrible winning %.

Norm replaced Q Calhoun with Burrell, and you cant even blame that transfer on Norm. Who hast left St Johns under Norms tenure that could not be replaced?

pmg911

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »

Norm replaced Q Calhoun with Burrell, and you cant even blame that transfer on Norm. Who hast left St Johns under Norms tenure that could not be replaced?

Burreell was signed before Calhoun left...

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
Who has left St Johns under Norms tenure that could not be replaced?

Basically NOBODY... just about every player that "left" was replaced with a better or more highly ranked player. PERIOD.. ;D .. btw - pmg is right. I believe that wussy calhoun's ship was used on Evans, who is a much tougher player & is only going to get better as he sees more time on the court..  8) .. peace!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:52:14 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »

Burreell was signed before Calhoun left...

I just meant that he stepped righ into his postion and production

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »
See this is the problem with people talking about recruits before they actually see them: there so many mixed opinions on Curtis Kelly in high school.  I never, ever liked Kelly in HS and thought he was very much overrated and he had some attitude issues.  With Kemba, there is pretty much consensus that he is very, VERY good and there don't seem to be any attitude issues with him. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
Norm aint found his Chris Smith yet.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »
Norm aint found his Chris Smith yet.

Omari might be that

kob24

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »
uconn us gonna be a problem I'm not a fan of this year gtown but they still ok. MU has a tuff backcourt but a new coach so we will have to see. And the dame is gonna be hella nice

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »

Calhoun has had his share of transfers and busts, just the same as Norm. You cant compare the 2,not yet. Wasnt there talk of Curtis Kelly going straight to the NBA out of college? Yet he never developed at UConn, is this due to the staff or on Kelly? But Im sure Norm is blamed when the same happens at St Johns. Calhoun has put alot of kids in the pros and built a great program, did he do this in the first 4 years at UConn? I dont know

First of all, calhoun started his career at Northeastern. His record his first five years coaching D-1 ball were : 17-7, 12-11, 12-12, 12-13 & 11-14... not exactly wooden-like numbers.. :) ... and basically right in line with norm's first 4 years at SJU. But u also have to remember that Norm inherited a scandal-riden program on it's DEATH bed with basically two schloarship players in the TOUGHEST conference in the country..  ::) .. and this season is really the first FULL roster of Big East level players he has had to work with since taking the job. That is why the admin. gave him another year to see what he can do at this level. If this team falls FLAT on it's face he is gone imo. If this team "surprises" this year & a stephenson/parrom signs on to join Lawrence. Norm is going to be here for a long, LONG time. Much to the chagrin of the OBVIOUS phonies who have been callin' for his head since the DAY he was hired.. ;D .. btw - contrary to popular belief kids like Mase & most of our frosh HAVE "developed" over time... and IMHO, two or three(burrell, kennedy, horne, etc) of these kids are going to "step up" this year & help lead this team to the post-season... see u on the court Pukon fans.. ;) .. peace!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:27:05 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »

Of course he has his share of transfers and busts, show me a coach who doesnt.

Calhouns first  4 years:
1 - no post season of any kind
2 - NIT champs
3 - NIT quarters
4 - NCAA elite 8

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 04:32:17 PM »
First of all, calhoun started his career at Northeastern. His record his first five years coaching D-1 ball were : 17-7, 12-11, 12-12, 12-13 & 11-14... not exactly wooden-like numbers.. :) ...

He asked what he did at Uconn, try and keep up.

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »
This all truly ridic.

They is much better b-ball analysts than Dick Vitale, who speak out of both side of his mouth than most politician.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.