Fran Frsachilla

• 15 replies
Fran Frsachilla
« on: December 29, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »
Fran is probably the biggest reason the program is in the shape it is in now. When Fran was at Manhattan, he probably would have kissed every body's behind on this baord to get the job at St. Johns. Once he got the job, he worked very hard and brought in some very good players, and had the program headed in the right direction.
However, once he tasted success, he tried to hold the school up for more money with threats of leaving. He became full of himself and thought he was bigger than the program. He was a city guy just like Lou and city kids wanted to play for him. His personality did not play well in New Mexico.
If he had stayed at St. Johns, he might have eventually been as revered as Coach Carnesecca. But maybe that was not good enough for him.
What amazes me is how people like Fran, Steve Lavin, and even Mike Jarvis can get fired and end up on television critiquing their peers.

Randomhero423

Re: Fran Frsachilla
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
oh shut up.  if your going to blame someone not named norm roberts or father harrington, it's ALL mike jarvis.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
Fran is probably the biggest reason the program is in the shape it is in now.

This might be THE most ridiculous statement I have ever read on this site.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
No , I won't shut up. In reality, all I said was that if Fran had not got caught up in the hype, he would still be here and probably doing very well.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
we can probably make a list of over 100 reasons on why we are here. everything has has happen in the last 100 years has lead to this. what happen is lou never steps down? where are we then? we are here lets face it and hope that something changes quick

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
we can probably make a list of over 100 reasons on why we are here. everything has has happen in the last 100 years has lead to this. what happen is lou never steps down? where are we then? we are here lets face it and hope that something changes quick
Bravo.

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
Didn't Fran get fired cuz he showed his balls to the team?  Or as he would prob suggest, he got fired because they didn't grow a pair like his?
"I drink and I know things"

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
No , I won't shut up. In reality, all I said was that if Fran had not got caught up in the hype, he would still be here and probably doing very well.

he wasn't fired just because of the contract negiotations.  parents hated him, and he was a nut job to the team....  to blame fran for the way we are playing NOW is ridiculous.

how is fran more to blame then jarvis? 

you are making no sense.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »
Fran is probably the biggest reason the program is in the shape it is in now. When Fran was at Manhattan, he probably would have kissed every body's behind on this baord to get the job at St. Johns. Once he got the job, he worked very hard and brought in some very good players, and had the program headed in the right direction.
However, once he tasted success, he tried to hold the school up for more money with threats of leaving. He became full of himself and thought he was bigger than the program. He was a city guy just like Lou and city kids wanted to play for him. His personality did not play well in New Mexico.
If he had stayed at St. Johns, he might have eventually been as revered as Coach Carnesecca. But maybe that was not good enough for him.
What amazes me is how people like Fran, Steve Lavin, and even Mike Jarvis can get fired and end up on television critiquing their peers.
fran started looking for another job because he couldn't work for a bigger nutcase the he was...and that's father harrington.  period.

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 04:41:37 PM »

he wasn't fired just because of the contract negiotations.  parents hated him, and he was a nut job to the team....  to blame fran for the way we are playing NOW is ridiculous.

how is fran more to blame then jarvis? 

you are making no sense.

How old were you when Fran was coach? 6-7?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »
oh shut up.  if your going to blame someone not named norm roberts or father harrington, it's ALL mike jarvis.

Please don't discourage other posters from posting. Or if this was just valley girl lingo "Oh shut up" you should probably refrain from that too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
Didn't Fran get fired cuz he showed his balls to the team?  Or as he would prob suggest, he got fired because they didn't grow a pair like his?

How come Norm didn't get fired for showing his to Geno :)

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 11:57:13 PM »

Please don't discourage other posters from posting. Or if this was just valley girl lingo "Oh shut up" you should probably refrain from that too.

keep the jokes comin'.

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:40 AM »

hahahahahahah nice one
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
Norm accepted the job after the damage was done.  It wasn't a surprise to him and should not be an excuse.  He sold the school on his ability to turn the program around in the face of that adversity. 

HE WAS WRONG and the experiment will finally be over in three months.